1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my pacifica for about 1 month, and here is the 3,000 mileage update:
3045 miles
23.7 average

This isn't too bad, as I allegedly go about 70-80 on the highways, and do about 60-70% of my driving on the highway.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Wow, you're on pace for 36k miles / year. Is it for work? I've had mine about 1.5 months and I'm at a whopping...wait for it...260 miles! LOL

Anyway, glad it's working out for you!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this is mostly for work, but I also use it for personal use. On my heavy years I've done about 40k, and about 25k on the lighter years. It's worked out great so far, very comfortable on long drives, especially compared to some of the lesser cars I've driven before.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I've had my pacifica for about 1 month, and here is the 3,000 mileage update:
3045 miles
23.7 average

This isn't too bad, as I allegedly go about 70-80 on the highways, and do about 60-70% of my driving on the highway.
Are you also doing gallons into miles? The dash MPG can be off sometimes. How does your Pacifica MPG compare to your other vehicles?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't do the manual way, mostly because I fuel up so much. So far I think this has been pretty good mileage compared to the size of the car.

A lot of the sedans got great mileage if I tried.... key word tried. The problem with some of the previous cars was that they were 4 bangers that really required you to mash on the gas to get them up and moving. Most of my long time mileage monitoring on these was somewhere in the 21-25 range. The pacifica has quite a bit more power, so it takes a lot less drastic acceleration to get it where I want it. This is the first car I've really considered buying afterwards, so I'm babying the van and keeping close tabs on it. I'm pretty much doubling down on it by dumping in more than $1500 with led lights, full weather tech mats, and a ceramic coating currently being put on now.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Are you also doing gallons into miles? The dash MPG can be off sometimes. How does your Pacifica MPG compare to your other vehicles?
That seems reasonable. While I average much lower than that, when I fill up in NJ and head home basically on highway / 50 mph roads, the MPG gets up to about 30 (I reset each trip.) When I exit the highway for the last mile, it drops to about 27.

I think the MPG readings are fairly close. I estimate the gallons I need from mpg/trip miles, and it is usually close. But you can never tell how close to topping off the attendants try.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll track every mile/gallon for the next 1,000 at my next fill up just to see how they compare. That should be a good test number of miles to get an accurate reading.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny coincidence, I reset B every time, but leave A as the life of the vehicle.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Fuelly.com makes the fuel tracking easy. You send a simple text message- odometer, price and gallons, and it will do the rest.

Is that a paid service? I hope we would be able to do that on a website instead.
I prefer not to provide cellphone number to anyone who doesn’t need it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
stop-eject
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing