2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were originally looking at a 2017, but decided to wait for 2018 for Apple CarPlay. Now that some of the features I want are available on the Touring L, I can't decide if the L Plus is worth the extra money.
-Does the UConnect Theater work well? Is it really worth it or better to just let the kids use tablets? I know the Touring L has the option of the single overhead DVD player, but I worry about how that would impact visibility.
-Is the Super Console significantly better than the "Full length upgraded floor console"?

The only other "must have" for me is Advanced Safety Tec which is an option for both trims.

is there anything else on the Touring L Plus that would make it worth the price difference?

·
Registered
214 Posts
We were originally looking at a 2017, but decided to wait for 2018 for Apple CarPlay. Now that some of the features I want are available on the Touring L, I can't decide if the L Plus is worth the extra money.
-Does the UConnect Theater work well? Is it really worth it or better to just let the kids use tablets? I know the Touring L has the option of the single overhead DVD player, but I worry about how that would impact visibility.
-Is the Super Console significantly better than the "Full length upgraded floor console"?

The only other "must have" for me is Advanced Safety Tec which is an option for both trims.

is there anything else on the Touring L Plus that would make it worth the price difference?
I just posted the 2018 User Manual.

You should go download that and see if the Theater features are worth it to you. You can stream videos directly from your phone to the seat in the new model.

Other Touring L Plus features (besides uConnect Theater with Streaming):
-Auto-dimming mirror
-Power Passenger Seat
-Stow n Go Quick Fold on Passenger Side
-115V Outlets
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Heated 2nd Row Seats
-Perforated Leather Seats for improved comfort (but not ventilated)
-13 speaker system (instead of 6)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just posted the 2018 User Manual.

You should go download that and see if the Theater features are worth it to you. You can stream videos directly from your phone to the seat in the new model.

Other Touring L Plus features (besides uConnect Theater with Streaming):
-Auto-dimming mirror
-Power Passenger Seat
-Stow n Go Quick Fold on Passenger Side
-115V Outlets
-Heated Steering Wheel
-Heated 2nd Row Seats
-Perforated Leather Seats for improved comfort (but not ventilated)
-13 speaker system (instead of 6)
Thanks - does the streaming work with Apple? I saw Android. I don't really understand that stuff well. lol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Thanks - does the streaming work with Apple? I saw Android. I don't really understand that stuff well. lol
No, Apple doesn't support Chromecast. The manual states Apple devices aren't supported.

That said there's a $20 / month 4G package and supposedly you can stream Netflix / Amazon directly to the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, Apple doesn't support Chromecast. The manual states Apple devices aren't supported.

That said there's a $20 / month 4G package and supposedly you can stream Netflix / Amazon directly to the car.
I don't think paying for that feature would be worth it for us. I would really only want to use the screens during long car trips and not every day driving.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I don't think paying for that feature would be worth it for us. I would really only want to use the screens during long car trips and not every day driving.
Keep in mind Apple devices support HDMI through the lighting port, so you can always plug the phone into the HDMI input in the car.

You have to buy a special cable for the HDMI plug.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe the L+ also has the 8.4" Nav Uconnect, while the L has the Standard 7"

If you want to get it off the lot instead go built for you, I will say that I found a LOT of Touring L+ with advanced safetytec and NO Touring L with that option within 50 miles of Chicago. So availability seems to differ

·
Registered
214 Posts
It looks like there are a few apps on the Apple store that will let you cast video files on your iPhone to a chromecast source.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/allcast-cast-photos-music-and-video-to-your-chromecast/id943763227?mt=8

Allcast is made by a famous android developer and should work the best.

Of course all this assumes when they say cast they mean Chromecast and not Miracast.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Will plugging in an Apple TV device in the car make the iphone video streaming work wirelessly?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Will plugging in an Apple TV device in the car make the iphone video streaming work wirelessly?
LOL, that might just work with a recent AppleTV if you have the 115 Volt plug. It should, really. You don't need to be on the network to connect to the Apple TV and there is HDMI out. So.....

·
Registered
214 Posts
I visited a dealership today and played with a 2018 Touring L Plus.

Notes:
1. The uConnect 8.4C screen is much more high resolution / brighter / clearer than I remember when I played with the 2017 model.

2. The Cast support in uConnect Theater is for Miracast, not Chromecast. So you can't fling content to the screen, only mirror your full phone screen. And only if your device supports Miracast.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
4 Participants
jnads
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing