2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Again, who told you that?
Whatever could be the difference?
In my case, I heard that from two glass shops, as well as two dealers, WS's are on back order.
Not sure what point you are continually trying to make. OP as well as myself have explored sourcing windshields from a variety of sources. All say same thing.
What is your point?
How many ways would you like your question answered?
Actually, your question HAS been answered.
Chrysler has a supply chain problem, and it is causing owners to become very frustrated.
I've probably had 20 WS replacements, and have never waited more than a day or two. You seem to be suggesting that if I want to buy a WS for over $1500, I have to spend a lot of time to try to scare one up.
Not sure what your game is, suggesting that the OP and I are making up facts.
So, again, what point are you trying to make. Why do you keep asking the same question after it has been answered?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Whatever could be the difference?
In my case, I heard that from two glass shops, as well as two dealers, WS's are on back order.
Not sure what point you are continually trying to make. OP as well as myself have explored sourcing windshields from a variety of sources. All say same thing.
What is your point?
How many ways would you like your question answered?
Actually, your question HAS been answered.
Chrysler has a supply chain problem, and it is causing owners to become very frustrated.
I've probably had 20 WS replacements, and have never waited more than a day or two. You seem to be suggesting that if I want to buy a WS for over $1500, I have to spend a lot of time to try to scare one up.
Not sure what your game is, suggesting that the OP and I are making up facts.
So, again, what point are you trying to make. Why do you keep asking the same question after it has been answered?
I never suggested anyone is making up facts.

OP hasn't clearly answered the question. It seems OP is calling dealers only, at least according to post #22, but post #1 says it was insurance that was contacted.

We also know the 3 windshields claim was an absurd statement and readily disproven.

So here's the point: you don't call dealers for windshield replacement. It's the wrong way to do it. They don't want involvement, other than recalibration after it's replaced. I too thought dealers were supposed to be involved, especially on new vehicles, but I quickly learned otherwise.

If OP or anyone is calling dealers it's being done wrong and replacement will be delayed, regardless of availability.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I never suggested anyone is making up facts.
We also know the 3 windshields claim was an absurd statement and readily disproven.
So here's the point: you don't call dealers for windshield replacement. It's the wrong way to do it.
If OP or anyone is calling dealers it's being done wrong and replacement will be delayed, regardless of availability.
Opinions are not facts.
You do not KNOW the facts, and your opinion about how many windshields were available on a given day in the US is just an opinion. There have been no absurd statements made by anyone except possibly you.
I did go thru two glass companies first.
BOTH said that windshield is not available, as it was on back order.
They BOTH said I would get one faster thru a Chrysler Dealer, as the dealer would get their backordered windshields first.
Frig, you don't know of what you speak. Please stop telling us we are going about this wrong. We are not stupid.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Opinions are not facts.
You do not KNOW the facts, and your opinion about how many windshields were available on a given day in the US is just an opinion. There have been no absurd statements made by anyone except possibly you.
I did go thru two glass companies first.
BOTH said that windshield is not available, as it was on back order.
They BOTH said I would get one faster thru a Chrysler Dealer, as the dealer would get their backordered windshields first.
Frig, you don't know of what you speak. Please stop telling us we are going about this wrong. We are not stupid.
Are you the OP? That's who I was referring to. Nothing I said was incorrect.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So a piece of metal hit my windshield this AM on my 2018 van. And smashed it in the middle of the window.
I have glass insurance but they called me back said there is only 3!!!!!!! windshields in the country and can't get one till mid AUGUST!!!
This is a OEM part only and i think this is crazy that I have to drive around on a smashed windshield now. ONLY 3??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
@chrysler Cares

Any help on this would be great and or options.

Scott Stumpf
This is also true of the 2019 Chrysler Pacificas. My brand new windshield cracked and was determined to be defective by Chrysler, thus covered under warranty. I have been waiting for for almost 4 months for a replacement. Unacceptable. I have not reached out to local glass companies as I have been busy with the back and forth with Chrysler. This is an avenue I may try. I have been extremely dissatisfied with the lack of efficiency and care regarding this issue. The case manager has been refusing to let me speak with his manager regarding the issue. Finally, after posting on multiple social media platforms, I am getting a call from a supervisor. I am sure it won't change the outcome, but I will be a thorn in their side until this issue is resolved. I have also issued a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and in touch with my lawyer regarding this issue. I would recommend you all submit complaints as well- maybe we can change their process.

·
Registered
630 Posts
This is also true of the 2019 Chrysler Pacificas. My brand new windshield cracked and was determined to be defective by Chrysler, thus covered under warranty. I have been waiting for for almost 4 months for a replacement. Unacceptable. I have not reached out to local glass companies as I have been busy with the back and forth with Chrysler. This is an avenue I may try. I have been extremely dissatisfied with the lack of efficiency and care regarding this issue. The case manager has been refusing to let me speak with his manager regarding the issue. Finally, after posting on multiple social media platforms, I am getting a call from a supervisor. I am sure it won't change the outcome, but I will be a thorn in their side until this issue is resolved. I have also issued a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and in touch with my lawyer regarding this issue. I would recommend you all submit complaints as well- maybe we can change their process.
You're doing it wrong. I too thought you were supposed to contact the dealer, but they're not the ones who do the windshield replacements, apparently.

Contact your insurance and they, or you, will then contact your local glass company. At least that's the way it works in my neck of the woods and with my insurance.

Please keeps us updated, thanks. The OP hasn't responded in about a month, hopefully it's been fixed by now.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're doing it wrong. I too thought you were supposed to contact the dealer, but they're not the ones who do the windshield replacements, apparently.

Contact your insurance and they, or you, will then contact your local glass company. At least that's the way it works in my neck of the woods and with my insurance.

Please keeps us updated, thanks. The OP hasn't responded in about a month, hopefully it's been fixed by now.
Since it is a brand new car and determined defective, it is covered under warranty. Therefore, I have to go through the dealer and subsequently, Chrysler. I have now also submitted a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration related to the defective glass, my safety due to impaired view, and Chrysler's inability to fulfill the warranty. I would encourage all of you to do the same- even if it isn't defective, Chrysler should be held accountable for not being able to replace parts that impose a safety concern.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Since it is a brand new car and determined defective, it is covered under warranty. Therefore, I have to go through the dealer and subsequently, Chrysler. I have now also submitted a complaint to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration related to the defective glass, my safety due to impaired view, and Chrysler's inability to fulfill the warranty. I would encourage all of you to do the same- even if it isn't defective, Chrysler should be held accountable for not being able to replace parts that impose a safety concern.
No.

Mine is also a new 2019, as of Dec, covered under warranty, I called local dealers, they all said to contact insurance. I dont think dealers even have the ability to change out glass even if they wanted to, they'd just take it to a glass shop.

You've already spent time on it, just place another call to insurance. Verify with them that that there will be no out of pocket expense and if it'll affect your rates. In my case they said it would 100% be covered and rates can't change by state law. They contacted the glass shop and it was quickly done.

To me it sounds like a scam, somebody's making a killing, but it's a safety issue and needs to addressed within days, not months.

Call your insurance, today, see what they say. Post back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No.

Mine is also a new 2019, as of Dec, covered under warranty, I called local dealers, they all said to contact insurance. I dont think dealers even have the ability to change out glass even if they wanted to, they'd just take it to a glass shop.

You've already spent time on it, just place another call to insurance. Verify with them that that there will be no out of pocket expense and if it'll affect your rates. In my case they said it would 100% be covered and rates can't change by state law. They contacted the glass shop and it was quickly done.

To me it sounds like a scam, somebody's making a killing, but it's a safety issue and needs to addressed within days, not months.

Call your insurance, today, see what they say. Post back.
It sounds like my claim is being handled a bit differently. They determined it a defect in the glass- not from a rock or any other external variable. To have it covered under warranty, my dealer has informed me that they place the order for the glass and another glass company installs it- not through insurance. I know there is no out of pocket expense or change to my rate via insurance as I have replaced a windshield on another car. However, if no one is holding Chrysler accountable to uphold their warranty, nothing will change.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Yes, your claim is being handled differently, and now it's almost 4 months later and still not fixed.

I didn't make the system. Mine was also a stress fracture due to defect in the glass, as per the glass shop guys. Dealers lie. Call your insurance, I bet it'll be done by the weekend.

I was where you are, caring about the warranty and accountability, but then I just got it fixed thru insurance and moved on. It's a safety issue and an annoyance, call your insurance and do the same.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts