2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a continuation of the earlier thread I posted about Intermittent wiper coming on and loosing turn signals, which is fixed BTW. We got on to how to properly disable the Auto Stop/Start.

So I disconnected the 2 wire connector to the sensor (a black rectangle connected to the Negative Main Battery Cable). It disable the Auto Stop/Start, the instrument cluster comes up to the Stop/Start Page with the message its disabled, then as you start to drive the circle A amber warning light for the Auto Stop/Start comes up. I took it for a drive and monitored the electric system/charging voltage, it acted just like it did before disabling it, 14.5-14.6 volts sometimes dropping to 14.1 volts. So it doesn't look like it disables the smart charging of the battery's.

Here's the thing though, if you disable start stop this way, then every start it will bring up the Stop/Start Screen to warn its disabled on the instrument panel, and if you have a different prefered screen it means you have to do multiple button presses on the steering wheel buttons to get back to your preferred screen. This is suppose to be more convenient than pressing the Auto Stop/Start off button each time you start the vehicle? You traded one button press for a dozen button presses to get back to your prefered screen. But at least you have the little amber warning light on constantly. I suppose if you don't really have any preferred screen, and never really care what info comes up in that screen, it might be better to disable it this way.

I installed the Auto Stop Eliminator, it took a few minutes, just like the instructions said it would. Its $99, so its not that cheap. But it does like advertised, remember if the Auto Stop is turned off and restores it to the last position it was before shut down with a second of starting the engine. So, with this little plug in module, if you turn off Auto Stop/Start, it stays off, even after restarting, until you press the button again to turn it back on.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Assuming it's made well, the Auto Stop Eliminator looks to be the one to get. The other brand often mentioned in this forum (SmartStopStart) is a more complicated installation for the Pacifica (it's just as easy on other vehicles). Because Chrysler changed the ESS system between 2017 and 2018, you will need a different part for your 2017.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is awesome, I am not able to use the SmartStopStart, because I do not have the rear USB. I am reaching out to autostop eliminator to see if they can program the device to have the system always disabled. I want to pull the start-stop-battery and not have someone turn it back on.

For extra points, I'll keep an eye out for a junked 2017 that does not have a physical start stop button to make things really clean. My guess, is that they should swap. Ebay wants a small fortune.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
This is awesome, I am not able to use the SmartStopStart, because I do not have the rear USB. I am reaching out to autostop eliminator to see if they can program the device to have the system always disabled. I want to pull the start-stop-battery and not have someone turn it back on.

For extra points, I'll keep an eye out for a junked 2017 that does not have a physical start stop button to make things really clean. My guess, is that they should swap. Ebay wants a small fortune.

View attachment 44845
I'd be cautious about using the 2017 plate. There were wiring changes that may affect the compatibility.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd be cautious about using the 2017 plate. There were wiring changes that may affect the compatibility.
Figured as much. There are enough salvage yards in Michigan, if I can get it <$25, it's worth taking a look. I know lot's of OE's are making it harder and harder to do swaps. Even if the plugs fit, it still might need programing type of deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Assuming it's made well, the Auto Stop Eliminator looks to be the one to get. The other brand often mentioned in this forum (SmartStopStart) is a more complicated installation for the Pacifica (it's just as easy on other vehicles). Because Chrysler changed the ESS system between 2017 and 2018, you will need a different part for your 2017.
It appears to be well made, the connectors appears equal quality and fit of the OEM connectors. It works like advertised. Only been a week, so only time will tell if it has some sort of early failure.

Can't win for losing, no sooner do I install it, my daughter turns the ESS back on, saying she's gotten used to it and kinda likes it now.

·
Registered
307 Posts
It appears to be well made, the connectors appears equal quality and fit of the OEM connectors. It works like advertised. Only been a week, so only time will tell if it has some sort of early failure.

Can't win for losing, no sooner do I install it, my daughter turns the ESS back on, saying she's gotten used to it and kinda likes it now.
When her batteries start failing and leave her stranded in a dark parking lot in the dead of winter or maybe when its raining out and the dealer wants $600 to replace them, then ask her how much she likes the ESS.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I just ordered the AutoStop Eliminator last night, and just got the shipment confirmation. The other company that makes the ESS disable wouldn’t ship into California. This one seems a lot easier to install too. Cant wait.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts