2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone heard of or thought of a way to capture the feeds from the built in cameras to use as a dash cam (even if only the backup cam channel)? It amazes me that cars don't have that as a built in option.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anyone heard of or thought of a way to capture the feeds from the built in cameras to use as a dash cam (even if only the backup cam channel)? It amazes me that cars don't have that as a built in option.
They have rear view mirrors with cameras installed or a go pro is so small you can attach to the rear view.. or even mount it on the windshield behind the mirror.. you won't see it..

There are LOTS of ways to solve the dash cam.. your phone you can get a dash mount keep your phone on.. if you are really interested you can spend a few minutes on google and find lots of alternatives.. most of them are ways to use probably what already have, don't need a manufactured dash cam to solve this riddle.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Another option is to install one yourself. I have a Viofo A119S on each of my cars along with a 64gb Samsung Pro Endurance memory card.
+1. Easy to install and no concerns about voiding warranty if using standard 12-volt connector (vs trying to hard wire).

·
Registered
251 Posts
They have rear view mirrors with cameras installed or a go pro is so small you can attach to the rear view.. or even mount it on the windshield behind the mirror.. you won't see it..

There are LOTS of ways to solve the dash cam.. your phone you can get a dash mount keep your phone on.. if you are really interested you can spend a few minutes on google and find lots of alternatives.. most of them are ways to use probably what already have, don't need a manufactured dash cam to solve this riddle.
While these options are possible, they don't function as well as a dedicated dashcam. Plus the majority of dashcams are cheap, less than $100. Just read reviews on dashcamtalk and get a capacitor dashcam if your car is ever in the heat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts