2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asking *2019* Pacifica Hybrid owners:
do you (still) have your “White Gas funnel”?

We took delivery of our PacHyb this week, and two salespeople at the dealership said the place to store it was the tiny compartment on the LEFT side of the trunk, above the empty compartment where the car-vacuum ‘would’ been. We did that with them, at the dealership.

Today we were organizing the trunk and I checked the compartment, and just the (2019) “green pull lever for the manual release of the locked fuel door” is in that compartment. No fuel funnel, anymore.

We are thinking it must have fallen through into the cavity of the minivan, as we can put our hand (and a long stick!) into the wide open hole in the back of that compartment. (“Black hole” sucked the funnel away!) 😞 Not a great car design?!?

I’m thinking this is ONLY on the 2019 (and only on the Hybrid, since the non-hybrids have a compartment on the RIGHT side of the trunk meant Just for the funnel.)

Or just me, and we have this one PacHyb with the curved hole there? (Good thing we didn’t also store our small flashlight there as planned). Or, was/is there a different place we were supposed to store the funnel?

I’ll research further, but didn’t see this issue mentioned on this forum.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
You got to check all those little things during delivery. The dealership is not going to inspect all cars every single time. They assume it is present in all cars, or it may get lost or misplaced during inspections / test drives. It'll be difficult to agree them to provide it free after a few weeks or months of ownership. Mine wasn't there on delivery (on a custom ordered car) and they ordered it immediately and gave me in a couple days.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right. We confirmed we had the white funnel during the delivery walkthrough (thanks to this forum for the “delivery checklist” post).

I am noting the funnel is Now “not found”.

We are concluding it fell through the hole in the (2019 Hybrid) tiny compartment: to the outside if the other end is open to the ground, or into the cavity of the van.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I see. So there is an opening there in the space. That’s weird. The gasser doesn’t have one.
You can ask the dealership to check it for you. In this case they should provide a free replacement if they can’t retrieve it from the inside of van. I don’t think that opening would be open to outside. That doesn’t make any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
🙂 I confirmed that “teleportation” didn’t come with the van (as, nope the missing funnel isn’t in the front glove box.)

So, I still think the 2019 Hybrid does come with the free bonus “black hole” feature, installed in the tiny Left side Trunk compartment.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hmm... I didn't get that funnel either.

I guess I should purchase one? What's it for, just in case I have to fill up on the side of the road from a gas can?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Hmm... I didn't get that funnel either.

I guess I should purchase one? What's it for, just in case I have to fill up on the side of the road from a gas can?

Okay. You should forget about it for now. Even for a gas car it will be an occasional use when you need to fill from a can. I never had to do it in any of my cars in so many years of driving, not saying I will never need it but still, and you have a hybrid. :D. Talk about irony. :D.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I used that space to store a personal item, which went down that hole. I'd really like to retrieve it. If anybody knows how to access that space, I'd appreciate some some instructions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for confirming it’s just not my 2019. 🙂

Yep, we did confirm we can see the white funnel, resting comfortably inside the cavity of the van, as my husband took the incident as a great opportunity to go buy a camera-scope-snake thing (ya that’s the technical name). Cool gadget though!

And, we can’t retrieve it with the grabby-octopus-snake-thing either (the tool used by mechanics to retrieve small parts inside engines).

And, yes, we did ask the service department if they would retrieve it, and they... suggested.... that since it’s not rattling around, to just leave it. (They said they’d have to take apart paneling to get to it).

So, moving on.

And, passing along the owner advice: DO NOT place loose objects in the 2019 Hybrid trunk’s left-side tiny compartment, as items will fall into not-obvious side hole at the far end.

About as smart to design it that way, as the metal trim on the heated steering wheel. 🙂
Lots of other features to enjoy though!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I looked for the side hole at the far end and could not find anything like it. I took a picture of the area where I think you are talking and there is a metal plate in mine where I think you have a hole.

I also checked my 2019 and my funnel is attached to the wall as shown in the attached picture.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts