2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2019 Hybrid Limited features vs gas

7K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Cornfield 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm giving it serious consideration to pass my 2017 Limited gas to my daughter and getting the 2019 Hybrid Limited for myself.

Does the new one have power passenger seat? The window sticker just says 8 way power driver seat and passenger seat advance and return. (Why have advance and return with no stow n go?)

Fog Lights?
Interior lighting the same?

I know it does not have HID's (rats)

Heated second row seats?
Power Folding Heated mirrors?

Anything else I might have missed? I know the third row seats are manual and the second row does not stow but I'll survive that.

#2 ·
There's a long thread about it.

With hybrid, you get ride quality, instant torque and passing prowess. Crazy high mpg possible, if you plug in everyday. Better wear and tears on your drive system: oil, brakes, tires.

You lose all that you mentioned. The standard rim looks dorky, but more practical ie. save gas, less likely to get curbed. You lose vacuum cleaner.

You lose the stow and go, but they make it rather convenient to remove the 2nd row seats. There's a strap you can pull and detach the seats in all of 5 seconds. They weigh a good 50 - 70 lbs each though. Not as convenient, but passable especially since you usually carry either passengers or cargo at any given time. You can also remove one of the 2nd row seats for 3-4 seats configuration for carrying longer cargo like bicycles.

No idea why have advance return with no stow and go. If it's the 2nd row seat, may be used for access to the 3rd row?

#3 ·
#5 ·
What?!... the hybrid doesn't have an illuminated glove box! ...and I just put a downpayment down on a hybrid last night!

oh well... maybe I'll stick a small battery powered tap light in there

#4 ·
The lack of 2nd row seat heat is likely due to customers having to make the electrical connections each time, plus stowing the electrical connections. On the gas version, the electrical harness is wired into the Stow'n'Go components.

I'd imagine that the advance and return is a function of the new memory seats. Cheaper for Chrysler to list it as a feature than it is to remove it from the programming or have two sets of memory seat parts to differentiate the gas from the phev.

#13 ·
The hybrid lacks:
stow and go second row
Power folding 3rd row stow and go (manual instead)
Multiple interior lighting omissions including glove box
HID headlamps
Vacuum option
spare tire option
20" wheel option
ability to tow

Missing on prior years, but now available:
memory seats
power folding mirrors
auto advance and return driver and passenger seats
auto dimming mirror
garage door openers
hands free side door and liftgate
2nd and 3rd row window shades

#14 ·

auto dimming mirror
garage door openers
hands free side door and liftgate
2nd and 3rd row window shades
All these are present on my 2018. Last year I highlighted all the differences between gas and hybrid here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xemx3nepc...Pacifica_Hybrid_Features_Highlighted.pdf?dl=0
Do 19 hybrids add anything else besides the power folding mirrors and seat memory?

I wanted to add the missing interior lighting to my van. Found no connectors for the glove box and lift gate lights. :(

#16 ·
We went from a 2017 touring to 2018 hybrid limited and were really sad that the advance and return was missing. With a rear facing seat it made it really easy for kids to get into that side of the van. The other thing we liked it for was more space for diaper changes on the floor! Oh well. Still loving the hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
So we're in our 3rd gas model, 1st test drive and then two repairs on our hybrid. There is not a chance in the world we would buy a gas model pacifica. Driving experience is extremely different. Hybrid is much more thought out and developed. This go around we've noticed small stuff, car seat behind drivers seat. You lose 2 inches of drivers seat movement in the non-hybrid because the 2nd row seats aren't slidable. Other things, driving lamp on the dash is right at 2k rpm's, which is exact rpm you're at when driving on the highway. Cup holders on the 3rd row, my wife said there are less or non-existent on the drivers side 3rd row.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone for your input. Now I'm waiting for local dealers to get some Limited Hybrid inventory in stock. I ordered my 2017 gas Limited and paid a premium to get exactly what I wanted, this time I want a discount and the $7500 tax credit.

I'll be looking for a silver with black interior limited with Advance Safety package, no sunroof.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.