2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this was strange:

After talking with several Internet sales departments via email, I visited a dealership outside of Portland to get a first hand look at a red Pacifica Hybrid. Red wasn't our first choice, but the deal was reasonable.

At the dealership, they literally couldn't find the car on the lot or in the satellite lots. It had disappeared.

When I later called the Internet sales guy, he solved the mystery: the car was in Service getting worked on. This is a brand new 2019 car with 12 miles on it.

I'm waiting to hear back from him on why it is being serviced and whether it's part of a broader recall.

Anyone have experience with this? What would you conclude from this? Questions you'd ask?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Could be that the dealer found something that wasn’t caught in Pre Delivery Inspection and was taking care of it. On my van for example (and quite a few Pacificas I’ve seen) the front doors were not properly aligned. I made sure the dealer made a service due bill to have them rectified after purchase.

Maybe your dealer found something like that and decided to fix it. Either way I’d find out what it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
343 Posts
I know my brand new car had a stop in the service department - the tire pressure monitoring system indicated all the tires were over inflated, so car was taken to service department and tires were brought into correct pressure range.
There are also software updates than are periodically issued.
Doesn't mean there's anything to worry about, but definitely find out why it is in service department.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
A car which has problems needing service visit even before someone bought it, or a car which didn’t start during test drive, is the one I’d avoid. Think about how you’d like to kick yourself if that car turned out to be the dreaded lemon you wanted to avoid. Sure you’d have missed the warning sign. It may be nothing, but .....Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts