2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going a bit crazy here. 2019 PacHy with about 6000 miles - its been perfect so far. Would not turn on after church yesterday. Wife tried for a half hour, then called me, I came and did all the normal stuff. We were able to get it into neutral and the parking brake off so it could get dragged onto a flatbed truck. Dropped it at dealer. Sat overnight, they called now to say: works fine for us, what was your problem?
I suspect we'll get it back with nothing being done. They said there are no error codes and both batteries tested fine.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Had this happen to me today. Had to get the Key fob out of the range of vehicle proximity and then back and it started right up. Happened while I was at the dealer and they showed me this trick. They said sometimes there can be RF interference or who knows what that causes an issue and the vehicle will not recognize the key fob unless it is out of range and brought back to recognize it again.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
So I'm going a bit crazy here. 2019 PacHy with about 6000 miles - its been perfect so far. Would not turn on after church yesterday. Wife tried for a half hour, then called me, I came and did all the normal stuff. We were able to get it into neutral and the parking brake off so it could get dragged onto a flatbed truck. Dropped it at dealer. Sat overnight, they called now to say: works fine for us, what was your problem?
I suspect we'll get it back with nothing being done. They said there are no error codes and both batteries tested fine.
Hi davidcawley,

We regret to hear of your concerns! If you are unable to receive more feed back from here, please feel free to send us a private message as we would be glad to see how we can assist further on our end.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yeah, that’s how my problems have been and they just want to move on. Root causes never are found and they simply clear the OBD codes and it never happens again for most the issues I had with the van...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We got it back, they said there were no codes. It has been working fine ever since. Next time I'll try the 'get out of range with all keys' trick. If not that, are there certain fuses that could be pulled to reset the keys/starting mechanism? It seems like if a 'reboot' will fix it - I should know how to do that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The strange stuff is that it would 'turn on' - like the radio, climate, etc... worked, and on the 'push button start' button - the light for 'run' along the edge was lit up - so it was like the car thought it was turned, on but the computer was not convinced, so it was still telling me to turn it on. This seems like a condition that the programmers could detect - or at least record a code for - clearly things were out of synch.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
The strange stuff is that it would 'turn on' - like the radio, climate, etc... worked, and on the 'push button start' button - the light for 'run' along the edge was lit up - so it was like the car thought it was turned, on but the computer was not convinced, so it was still telling me to turn it on. This seems like a condition that the programmers could detect - or at least record a code for - clearly things were out of synch.
Hello davidcawley,

Thanks for following up. If you ever start to experience concerns again, please don't hesitate in reaching out to us here!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hello davidcawley,

Thanks for following up. If you ever start to experience concerns again, please don't hesitate in reaching out to us here!

Alex
Chrysler Cares
It happened again like 2 weeks ago, we've been too busy with COVID to report it. Same thing: sunday morning at church, would not 'turn on' or 'fully turn off' - this time we just left it there all day. Went back in the evening and it worked. Also we took video. Can I post video here? It then worked fine until we started lockdown, took it for a drive yesterday and the check engine light came on. Why on earth do we have a 10" screen with all kinds of info, but for engine flaws we get a stupid dummy light. It should be a law that those infotainment screens give an explanation of any codes causing the 'check engine' light to turn on. Its 2020!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Van is stone dead now. Can't unlock the doors with the key fob or anything. Chrysler says to get it towed. With zero power, how do we get into neutral and get the emergency brake off?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
233 Posts
That would be for the towing company to figure out. Maybe they can boost the car to get the car in neutral and turn off the parking brake. Your fob has a physical key in it to unlock the doors.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
35 Posts
Might not be your problem, but my car recently died completely like you described. Jumping it was pretty easy and as soon as it was connected to the other car's battery a lot of basic functionality came back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did the problem ever come back. I have had van do something similar and it was the 14 volt battery it has died twice once a year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts