2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time lurker here. :) Almost bought a PacHy right before the first major recall, which scared me away for a year. Almost bit again just before the new year but none of my local dealers were willing to budge on price. I couldn't even find a charged PacHy to drive to get that experience. However, I've loved the gasser Pacificas I've rented on trips and might pull the trigger on Memorial Day weekend. For the record, I currently have a 2011 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD with 140k miles that has never had a single issue. Not one. Bought new in late 2010 and has only needed the usual scheduled maintenance. The bummer is the AWD results in horrible gas mileage...typically ~16 mpg around town, which constitutes 90% of its time on the road. KBB is around 12k and would make a nice down payment. The PacHy would be perfect for our needs (the usual kid drops offs within a 5-10 mile radius, multiple times a day for 4 kiddos).

My conundrum is where to buy. I definitely want a good service department that understands the PacHy. I'm in the Sacramento area and there just aren't many available, even in the Bay Area. The Highest rated dealers in my area (Hoblit and Thompson's have a grand total of 5 hybrids, all Touring Plus models). Sac Dodge only has 2018s and same goes for Roseville Dodge (AutoNation dealership). South County, a few hours away in Gilroy, had as many as 150 2018 hybrids at one point last year but not a single 2019 at this point, only left over 2018s. It worries me when even California dealers, where the hybrid should be so popular, aren't stocking many 2019s. Any great dealers I'm missing? I would even drive/fly down to SoCal for the best experience but then I'm still worried about service. Thanks for any and all suggestions! I really enjoy this forum.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Lasher in Elk Grove is the only place to buy a Chrysler product in northern CA. They will find exactly what you want, negotiate a price, bring it to their dealer (if it turns out to be a dealer trade), have you drive and accept it BEFORE doing the contract to make it yours. No surprises! Victor Macias is the salesperson to see. My family has bought several cars from Victor over the last decade. He is a true professional; he was at his last dealership for about 20 years and only left when it went out of business in 2008 and has been at Lasher every since. Such staying power in the industry only comes from consistent 5-star service. Victors cellular number is (209) 652-7233-give him a call. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lasher in Elk Grove is the only place to buy a Chrysler product in northern CA. They will find exactly what you want, negotiate a price, bring it to their dealer (if it turns out to be a dealer trade), have you drive and accept it BEFORE doing the contract to make it yours. No surprises! Victor Macias is the salesperson to see. My family has bought several cars from Victor over the last decade. He is a true professional; he was at his last dealership for about 20 years and only left when it went out of business in 2008 and has been at Lasher every since. Such staying power in the industry only comes from consistent 5-star service. Victors cellular number is (209) 652-7233-give him a call. Good luck!

Thanks for the recommendation, Craig! I've also heard good things about Lasher but it was particular to their Subaru and other nameplate dealers. The bummer is they don't have a single Pacifica, gas or hybrid on their website at the moment. I wonder if they have no interest in carrying them? Special order only? Thanks, again!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not sure if you have ever bought a dealer trade. I'll use my own Pacifica purchase experience as an example. I called Victor to ascertain that he was available. I had looked on their website and already knew that they didn't have anything in stock that I wanted. I live about a mile away, so I went over and sat down at the computer with Victor. I told him the color that I wanted, the packages, and the options. He found an exact match at a dealer near Fresno. We hammered out a price that I do not believe that I could have gotten anywhere else, at least not locally. He sent a driver to retrieve the van and called me in the morning after it arrived. Before I arrived, he had it detailed and ready to go. We test drove it; it was exactly as we expected. We went in and signed the contracts that were exactly as we had agreed to the day before. Now, I did get a new vehicle with 140 miles on it (from bringing it here), but it was the exact vehicle that I wanted at a low Lasher price (over $10,000 off MSRP).

Hope that this information is helpful. Additionally, both my 81 year old mom and I have had Lasher/Victor get us our vehicles in this manner on several occasions. My Mom really likes Victor-I'm pretty sure that if he started selling Yugo's, she would buy one! LOL!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure if you have ever bought a dealer trade. I'll use my own Pacifica purchase experience as an example. I called Victor to ascertain that he was available. I had looked on their website and already knew that they didn't have anything in stock that I wanted. I live about a mile away, so I went over and sat down at the computer with Victor. I told him the color that I wanted, the packages, and the options. He found an exact match at a dealer near Fresno. We hammered out a price that I do not believe that I could have gotten anywhere else, at least not locally. He sent a driver to retrieve the van and called me in the morning after it arrived. Before I arrived, he had it detailed and ready to go. We test drove it; it was exactly as we expected. We went in and signed the contracts that were exactly as we had agreed to the day before. Now, I did get a new vehicle with 140 miles on it (from bringing it here), but it was the exact vehicle that I wanted at a low Lasher price (over $10,000 off MSRP).

Hope that this information is helpful. Additionally, both my 81 year old mom and I have had Lasher/Victor get us our vehicles in this manner on several occasions. My Mom really likes Victor-I'm pretty sure that if he started selling Yugo's, she would buy one! LOL!

Appreciate the recommendation. I’ll contact Victor and see what can be done. Any experience with their service dept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
219 Posts
Appreciate the recommendation. I’ll contact Victor and see what can be done. Any experience with their service dept?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a Five Star service department, but a very busy one due to the large sales volume. Other than oil changes, I try to make an appointment when possible, but they work with you when you need to drop it off unscheduled. There is a real young service advisor named Matt Wirth that I always go to. He treats me exceptionally well-guess I remind him of his grandpa. LOL.

I had a new 2011 Ram 1500 that had electric windows/locks, but no remote bobble. It had a regular key. To get the remote, it appeared that I had to buy a remote start kit. The service department wasn't sure whether it would work or not. My wife wanted the bobble so I told them to keep the truck as long as needed to see if they could make it work. The truck was there three days and they were successful in making it work. Stating that since they had sold me the part and used my truck as a lab rat, they charged me a small token fee (less than $100) for the labor.

My experience has been Five Star in all departments at Lasher. Last year a bud of mine called and told me that he had tried to buy a truck there during a Memorial Day sale and felt that he had been jerked around. I suggested that he may have gotten an unexperienced sales rep and gave him Victor's number. He contacted Victor, and bought his new truck the next day.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Rather than recount my entire story about Lasher, I’ve copied and pasted the google review I wrote about our experiences there:

In 2013 we bought 3 Jeeps from Elk Grove Dodge. We had a great experience with every one. Things have definitely changed.

I approached Elk Grove Dodge about purchasing several vehicles over the last few years. Each time we've ended up buying elsewhere...not because of pricing but because of their extraordinarily rude attitude.

What follows is a cut and paste from my recent email exchange in an attempt to purchase a Chrysler Pacifica minivan:

Me: Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply.

We've driven the Pacifica and we know what we want.

At this point I am working with dealers via email to secure the best price and trade in for our 2018 Ford Expedition. If that's something you can work with me on via email then great!

Chris: We can't do appraisals over phone or email. If you bring it by, it will only take me fifteen minutes to appraise it. Do you have time available tomorrow?

Me: Ok so as I said with us living in Chico, we're trying to do as much of this via email as possible. We don't want to drive several hours and then sit while people "run numbers".

Chris: Well, If that's the case, we can't move pass this point. We can not do appraisals over the phone or email. We can not work deals over the phone or email. I understand you don't want to drive that far to "work numbers"

Me: It sounds like you have had a change in policy in that case?

We made a deal (via email) on a trade of an Infiniti QX56 to you a few years back. That was in April of 2013 and we worked with Cory Long and David Mitchell.

We bought 3 vehicles from you, all deals were made via email/phone.

So I guess if we decide to drive down, I'll get in touch.

Chris: Ok. Cory Long has not worked here for years and there is a reason why. The policy has not changed. It has always been the same. If he did a deal over the phone, he wasn't suppose to. Those rules are in place to protect the consumer and the dealership. It would actually make it easier for me if I could do this over the phone or email. So if I could, I would. Please call me directly if you decide to come down. Thank you. Have a good day!

Me: Dealers such as these are rethinking that strategy...maybe your leadership should too?

[I provided link to dealership management message board thread where a discussion regarding this very thing is going on.]

We buy all our cars over the phone or via email and we'll continue to do so. Maybe that's why we haven't bought one from your dealership since Cory left?

Chris: Ok. Well, we are in the top 30 out of 3000 dealerships in this nation and #1 in Laramie sells. We sell 350-600 cars a month with a inventory well over 1,500 cars. We think our "strategy" works fantastic and does not have to be changed. Didn't you say you live in Chico? I think Chuck Patterson Dodge is there. Perhaps they'll do the deal over the phone and email. As I mentioned earlier, I would have no problem doing the deal over the phone and email, however it is not allowed. Good luck. Have a good evening!
---------------------
Uh, REALLY? Actually...I have bought cars from Chuck Patterson over the phone/email. TWO of them.

I've purchased over 15 cars in the last 10 years. Every one of them has been a deal made over the phone/email.

If you're willing to make a quick trip to Boise, you can buy a Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler from Dennis Dillon for an awesome price and not be treated poorly. We bought a new JL Rubicon there for $7,000 off MSRP and couldn't be happier. After this experience with Lasher, we'll be heading back there for the van.

Chris, no one is fooled by your "it protects everyone" comment. The only thing it does is make the dealership more money. "Get 'em in, wear 'em down." It's like getting waterboarded while buying a car. NO thank you.

Lots of options for us buyers out there. Go somewhere else besides Elk Grove Dodge.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I cannot imagine how one could be expected to be offered top dollar for a late model trade without the buying party seeing it. A dealer would have to assume that it was torn up and low-ball an expensive one year old trade that they were buying sight unseen.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I cannot imagine how one could be expected to be offered top dollar for a late model trade without the buying party seeing it. A dealer would have to assume that it was torn up and low-ball an expensive one year old trade that they were buying sight unseen.
I’ve done it more than once including, as I stated above, a trade of a late model Infiniti QX negotiated sight unseen to this very dealership...so? I don’t know. All I can relay is my experience. I buy more cars than the average person that’s true!

And I did end up negotiating sight unseen trades on the Expedition with 2 other dealers and did a deal with one of them.

Regardless, Lasher hasn’t earned our business in the last 6 years on any deal. There are too many better options.

We have a 2019 Pacifica Limited being loaded onto a transport truck and shipped directly to us from a WA state dealer in a few days which makes this our 2nd out of state purchase in less than 12 months.

My point is to say - you have options! To get better prices and dealers that treat you well. You have all the power because you have the money! Dealers don’t want you to know that.

·
Registered
219 Posts
My point is to say - you have options! To get better prices and dealers that treat you well. You have all the power because you have the money! Dealers don’t want you to know that.
While I agree with this portion, I do not believe that you are as special as you seem to think in your purchase history-many of us average more than a car per year purchase; some negotiate better deals than others.

·
Registered
3 Posts
While I agree with this portion, I do not believe that you are as special as you seem to think in your purchase history-many of us average more than a car per year purchase; some negotiate better deals than others.
Not special. Experienced.

You seem argumentative. I wonder why?

You can’t just take my opinion about Lasher? You have to attack me personally? Your comment to me is snarky and rude.

You had a good experience with Lasher. I did not. I have bought four cars in the last 12 months alone. I have lots of experience with dealers - good ones and bad ones.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Some dealers just don’t want to deal with online/phone shoppers. I experienced the same thing when I ordered our 2018. I had one flat out tell me he’s not going to be involved in a race to the bottom bidding war with other dealerships and couldn’t give me numbers unless I came in and he ran my credit. I explained to him I was a cash buyer and not financing it, and that I wasn’t expecting him to get in a bidding war (I just wanted to know his price). He told me he wasn’t interested. Some dealerships on the other hand were happy to provide me pricing and even offered to deliver the vehicle to me. In my opinion dealerships like the one you are describing are not worth wasting your time arguing with. If they don’t want to deal with you on your terms, just move on to the next one.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A person can't fault a dealership for being upfront about how it will or won't do business. I didn't see anything that I'd call rude in the description of how they handled the request. If you're going to brand someone as rude because they won't do what you want them to do, that's more a reflection on the person making the demands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve done it more than once including, as I stated above, a trade of a late model Infiniti QX negotiated sight unseen to this very dealership...so? I don’t know. All I can relay is my experience. I buy more cars than the average person that’s true!

And I did end up negotiating sight unseen trades on the Expedition with 2 other dealers and did a deal with one of them.

Regardless, Lasher hasn’t earned our business in the last 6 years on any deal. There are too many better options.

We have a 2019 Pacifica Limited being loaded onto a transport truck and shipped directly to us from a WA state dealer in a few days which makes this our 2nd out of state purchase in less than 12 months.

How does sales tax or any other special fees work out transporting a new vehicle from a different state?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
7 Participants
Tourniquet
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing