2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my Pacifica Hybrid did not start this morning. we have a 20F temperature in NY today.
1) the minivan didn't start on remote key
2) the minivan when turned on, displayed tons of engine check warnings: service battery pack, service transmission, service airbags, service rear park assist, service hybrid electric system, low battery indication. rear camera and other infotainment system disabled.

the fans are running at full power. i hear the fan noise from the engine bay. battery showing 1%, engine didn't start during the 10 mins i turned the ignition ON.
it also showed that the auxiliary battery voltage is getting low after 5-6 mins. i am assuming the fans and lights were running on the aux battery.

any guesses what's going on here ?
i had the auxiliary pump and heating system replaced under warranty as it was giving problems when temperature went below 45F and it was working fine later.

the minivan is just 3 months old, 6000 miles on it and still under warranty.

regards
Jino Thomas

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

my Pacifica Hybrid did not start this morning. we have a 20F temperature in NY today.
2) the minivan when turned on, displayed tons of engine check warnings: service battery pack, service transmission, service airbags, service rear park assist, service hybrid electric system, low battery indication. rear camera and other infotainment system disabled.

the fans are running at full power. i hear the fan noise from the engine bay. battery showing 1%, engine didn't start during the 10 mins i turned the ignition ON.
it also showed that the auxiliary battery voltage is getting low after 5-6 mins. i am assuming the fans and lights were running on the aux battery.

i had the auxiliary pump and heating system replaced under warranty as it was giving problems when temperature went below 45F and it was working fine later.

regards
Jino Thomas
i am waiting for the dealership to open in the morning and get this crap metal towed. i lost 5 work days so far because of pacifica hybrid

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hi,

regards
Jino Thomas
My guess would be that your 12v battery voltage is low.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Dave and Frig. will share what the dealerships say. in regular working condition the battery voltage showed 14.4 to 14.6 V. not sure if that's good or below average. the indicator on the instrument panel stays in middle. not low not high

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Yes, when a 12V battery is low you may get a lot of system messages but not one saying the 12V battery is low or dead. See if the battery can be jumped and driven to the dealer. I've read that towing a hybrid can be tricky. The battery should be under warranty and replaced. I had a replacement battery die at 4 months (at 80 degrees).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the car started after the sun came out, its 27F now, still i have the engine warnings on. i got the DTC codes thru an OBD device.
status: confirmed: C211B, U0412, C2200(28), P0562(00), p1626(00), P177C(00),
status pending: POC4A, c1902(FF), C0A00(65), P2600(6D), C3C00(6D), U3000(20), P1200(AB), P0c4A(00), U1814(00)

i will drive it to dealership in some time

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the dealership don't know anything about this. they checked everything looked good. and cleared the codes.
its evident that the technicians are not expertise in all these

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
the dealership don't know anything about this. they checked everything looked good. and cleared the codes.
Hi Jino284,

We're very sorry to hear of your concerns. If you would like to seek a second opinion from another dealer, we do recommend it. If you can confirm another appointment, we would be glad to escalate a case for you! Please feel free to send us a private message!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just curios , what’s the tricky part about
Just curios , what’s the tricky part about towing the Pacifica ?
[/QUOTE

Not that tricky if tow driver knows what to do. It can be towed with dolly wheels under the back wheels or the electric parking brake has to be released manually if vehicle won't start. It is in the manual how to do this..

·
Registered
280 Posts
Just curios , what’s the tricky part about towing the Pacifica ?
On the hybrid depending on the situation, sometimes you can't disengage the rear electric parking brakes or get the transaxle out of park.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Just curious , what’s the tricky part about towing the Pacifica ?
Posts 1 & 6

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Jino284,

We're very sorry to hear of your concerns. If you would like to seek a second opinion from another dealer, we do recommend it. If you can confirm another appointment, we would be glad to escalate a case for you! Please feel free to send us a private message!

Alex
Chrysler Cares
Sure Alex, i am writing down all events happened so far since i got the vehicle delivered, and i feel the dealership didn't fix it properly.

The car did not start today as well

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yesterday what did the dealership say about the 12V battery?

Also what's it's manufactured date and when did you purchase it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yesterday what did the dealership say about the 12V battery?

Also what's it's manufactured date and when did you purchase it?
All they had to say was everything working god, try for 1 more day if this issue happens again. They dont seem to be knowledgeable as you are.
I puchased it on aug 31 this year, will check the manufacture date and let you know later when i am back from work

·
Registered
629 Posts
All they had to say was everything working god, try for 1 more day if this issue happens again. They dont seem to be knowledgeable as you are.
I puchased it on aug 31 this year, will check the manufacture date and let you know later when i am back from work
ok thanks. How many miles did it have on it when you got it? If it sat on their lot for an appreciable time then the battery may have been depleted if it wasn't maintained.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Unfortunately, not maintaining the batteries is all too common for the dealers. They have chargers, but never use them.

My dealership, for instance, ALWAYS has some big ass lifted Jeep or Ram parked in front of their only charger, so you can never get to it.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Hi Jino,

We've noticed that you reached out via private message. Please continue working with us there for further assistance!

Alex
Chrysler Cares

1 - 20 of 25 Posts