2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I'm new here and looking to getting the Touring L with S package. I've never gotten a minivan before but now with three kids I think its about time. My wife and I narrowed it down to the Pacifica and the Odyssey but I think most likely going with the Pacifica. Pacifica seems to be much better dollar value compared to the Odyssey which is a bit pricey. I heard this month have lots of rebates, incentives, and discounts. I think total discounts around $4k - $4500. Extra $500 discount for the NY Autoshow. I'm located in NY. By Queens and Long Island.
So just had some questions since I'm new here and also never had a Chrysler before either.
- The offer I received is on 36 month lease, 12k miles, no money down $389/month and at signing pay $1050 - 1200 (includes taxes, fees, first month, etc.) This a good deal?

- I've attached copy of the window sticker here. With the S package as you can see its addtional $795 which is fine and says comes with 18" wheels for this package. But then on the bottom shows 20" wheels for $995. I heard getting all S package these 20" wheels always come with it and was told havent seen S package without the 20" which is addtional $995 as shown on the window sticker. Is this true? 20" wheels is nice and all but I dont need them really since wifey will be driving it mostly and I dont need or want this addtional option cost.

- Anyone else in my area that have gotten a Pacifca recently and if can let me know where and what lease offer you received be great. Also, are there any dealers on this forum that can assist me with offer, or I cant contact to get more info.
I heard the $4k - $4500 incentive, rebates, etc. ends April 29 or 30th so I'm looking to get by end of this month. Seems like great offer and I dont think next month will be as good.
Sorry for the long rant as I'm new to the minivan thing as i never liked them but now seems great! Thanks for all the help in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20" are an option regardless of S package or not.

The base rims for the S package are blacked out 18" rims.
Thank you for your reply. Yea seemed little weird. From the window sticker seems like then I would be getting the 18" and 20" wheels. Odd...

·
Registered
935 Posts
I'd trade any of the appearance packages for the Advance Safety Tech Group (MSRP $995). Seriously, it transforms the vehicle, and future proofs its value. Honda and other manufacturers are starting to make those items standard. Some insurance companies will even give you a better rate. Look for one with it. You won't be sorry.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Thank you for your reply. Yea seemed little weird. From the window sticker seems like then I would be getting the 18" and 20" wheels. Odd...
The way I read the web build site, on the Touring L, the 20" wheels are only available if you have ordered the S appearance package, and they will be black.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd trade any of the appearance packages for the Advance Safety Tech Group (MSRP $995). Seriously, it transforms the vehicle, and future proofs its value. Honda and other manufacturers are starting to make those items standard. Some insurance companies will even give you a better rate. Look for one with it. You won't be sorry.
Thanks for your input. I'll look into this. It does seem like would be helpful. I can for sure not need the 20" wheels. NOt sure why supposedly this "has" to be added on all S packages from what i'm told. Said never seen S package without the 20"
Then no point in the 18" wheels that's suppose to come with the S package.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The way I read the web build site, on the Touring L, the 20" wheels are only available if you have ordered the S appearance package, and they will be black.
When I picked the S package then next for exterior shows 18" included.
And if i want i guess i can pick the 20" but doesnt show its mandatory or comes with it. So then no real need for the extra $995 for 20"
Then if i wanted i can get the Advanced SafetyTec Group to replace the 20" wheel amount like you had mentioned. Definitely would be better option then the 20"

·
Registered
52 Posts
And I'm the opposite.

They have had so many software issues with those features. The ONLY issue I have with my car other than the ESS battery is software related.

And theres no way in **** I'm allowing Chrysler to write the software to DRIVE and CONTROL my car LOL! What a horrible idea!

The Uconnect barely works... The media player is so outdated and pathetic it can't play so MANY file formats nor use TONS of Storage types... Its like a freaking time machine for technology. Going BACKWARDS! LOL

Look at your cell phone then look at the uconnect... Now grab a cell phone from 10 years ago and look at your uconnect. The phone is still more advanced...

To the OP-

I LOVE my van- regardless of the malarky.

The 995 is what you pay to upgrade the 18s to 20s. The first one I looked at had 20s and I liked them but the one I bought has 18s. I couldn't find the exact model I wanted so I bought one with everything I wanted minus the 20s but it added hands free doors.

Now I admit I love the hands free doors and use it constantly!

But everyone else does seem to love the advanced safety tech- except those who are having issues with it LOL!

ALL cars are going to have issues like this forever. If your cell phone OS crashes and has bugs, and your home computer OS crashes and has bugs then... (say it with me) YOUR CAR OS WILL CRASH AND HAVE BUGS.

Its a different world now and cars are no different. Choose the SOFTWARE driving your car as much as the manufacturer who built it.

This stuff is LITERALLY in its infancy... Rushed to market to realize profits to recoup all the R&D and stay competative with other manufacturers.

Buyers beware! But its also quite fun when it works LOL.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't think I'd go so far as to say the stuff in the AST package is in its infancy. It's all been around for a decade. None of it is controlling or driving the car, either.

The adaptive cruise control is pretty awesome--before I actually tried it and took the time to learn about it, I thought it couldn't be as useful as people say. I was wrong. It's a delight. Still requires the driver to be aware and in control, but significantly reduces both tailgating and driver fatigue.

The collision avoidance system is great, too. I've had it go off once, and it was a useful and educational experience. I'd much rather have it than not.

The surround cameras are useful. I've used them occasionally with a tight parking spot.

I like the lane departure and blind spot monitoring. Nothing there that'll take control of the car, either. Just useful, informative, and they make up for a slight lack of concentration while driving.

For $995, I think it's foolish to buy a van without it. If a person isn't comfortable with one or more parts of the system, they can be turned off. Like so much of today's cars, Chrysler isn't likely the company writing the software. It's written by the component manufacturer, and Chrysler just integrates it in with the vehicle.

·
Registered
935 Posts
And I'm the opposite.

They have had so many software issues with those features. The ONLY issue I have with my car other than the ESS battery is software related. . . . <snip>
I've had zero Advanced Safety Tech software issues with my 14 month old van, 15K miles. Luck of the draw, I guess.

I have had software issues with the motorized third row, and (still unresolved) theft alarm going off when opening the hatch if I don't open a door first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
max_speed97
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing