2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a used 2019 with 47K. I noticed today that the washer fluid is not squirting on the windsheild nor the rear window. The motor is working and im seeing no sign of leakage when trying to squirt. The front windshield squirters barely trickle out the moment i press the button but then nothing more/zero comes out the rear(resivour is full). Has anyone had this issue or have a solution?

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 35th Anniversary Edition in Granite Crystal
246 Posts
Had this happen on my son's 2014 Jeep while using the green RainX wiper fluid. I remover the pump from the reservoir to find it clogged. The fluid had changed to a snot-like consistency. I cleaned the pump and refilled it with the blue (cheap) liquid. Problem solved. I will not use the RainX fluid again. Hopefully this will help you. Good luck!

·
Registered
2020 Touring L 35th Anniversary Edition in Granite Crystal
246 Posts
The pump is inside the reservoir (at the bottom). Open the reservoir lid, shove your garden hose into it, turn the water on full blast to force most of the existing liquid out through the top. Perhaps this will rinse the pump well enough to work (if the issue is similar to what ours was). If it works, use a turkey baster to empty the reservoir, then refill with blue washer fluid.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Just got a used 2019 with 47K. I noticed today that the washer fluid is not squirting on the windsheild nor the rear window. The motor is working and im seeing no sign of leakage when trying to squirt. The front windshield squirters barely trickle out the moment i press the button but then nothing more/zero comes out the rear(resivour is full). Has anyone had this issue or have a solution?
Here's another thread to check:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in Fl. so its wasent temp releated. I ended up pulling off the lower plastic skid plate and removed the pump and the screen. The screen was in fact covered in thick slime. Problem solved, squirts like new after screen cleaning. Im almost certain just hosing down the resivour would not have been enough to resolve the clog. I had to take a sewing needle to remove half of what was glued to screen. Easy fix, can be done without jacking the van. Just be aware theres like ~12-15 bolts on the plastic skid cover.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts