2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2020’s are in transit and dealers should have them in a week or two. Has anyone got one of these on order? What kind of deals, discounts, are you getting?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Still waiting for new allocation to open up at the dealer that seems best in my area. Unable to place order for PacHy limited, S appearance and advanced safetytec along with tri-pane sunroof (sunroof the sticking point).

However, just running my usual daily Google search, came across a dealer website in Merced, CA, stating that from 9/4-9/30 there's a manufacturer incentive of $1750 cash back for 2020 PacHys.

Won't apply to me as if I'm able to order in a couple of days my PacHy obviously won't arrive for 1-3 months. However, it gives me hope that the 23% drop in sales in the first six months of 2019 is leading to more competitive incentives. Won't know for sure until I pay for mine in full, but do post if you get your 2020 PacHy and there are incentives involved!

·
Registered
48 Posts
That said, a dealer in Illinois is also offering a "manufacturer cash back" incentive of $1000, same validity dates. Can dealers do that? I would think a manufacturer incentive is static...is the Illinois dealer trying to pocket $750 on each PacHy sale? Is that even possible?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Remember that car dealerships are NOT Chrysler, not owned or very much controlled by Chrysler. So a dealership will sell a vehicle for whatever they can get. We can just help each other keep them honest, or help inform the folks at dealerships. Who, even where I am in the Detroit area, are almost completely ignorant about ordering a Pacifica built to a customer's specifications.

I will order a Pacifica Limited (gas) with color and equipment combinations it seems have never been built for any dealership stock. Just what my wife and I want. Hoping that this community will help me spot any Deals as soon as available.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Also saw a dealership website yesterday making reference to a "Hybrid Conquest Cash" incentive from Chrysler....$2000 cash back for trade in of current hybrid vehicle for select 2020 PacHys. Biggest incentive I've seen yet. Incentives are out there, people!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm in the SF Bay Area, trying to buy a 2020 PacHy Limited. Today I reached out to a few dealerships and one told me that there are currently no incentives on 2020 Hybrids. He advised me to wait, but said if I don't want to, I can place an order w/o incentives.

Another dealer quoted me MSRP.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You can't get incentives when you order anyways. Any incentives are based on what's available when you finalize the purchase and take possession. When I ordered, the incentive locally was $1750 off. I'm guessing that will be the same (or possibly better) by the time I get mine. But I understand the incentives are regionally-based. Quoting MSRP isn't great, though. I wasn't terribly happy with $1100 off MSRP, but it was consistent with other offers in the area. Carl at Criswell should be able to give you 7% off MSRP, and if you're not trading in a vehicle, you'll probably still end up around $1000 off MSRP after shipping costs. You can DM him and ask.

·
Registered
9 Posts
@pleckerling can you share the details of how you shopped and negotiated the price for your order? Did you settle on a price before ordering? Did you compare dealerships? Did you need to put down a deposit?

Having never placed an order for a car before I feel like I'm in uncharted territory.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm right with you in that uncharted territory. This was my first experience ordering a car.

The first thing I did was spend a bunch of time on this forum to try and gather info from previous people who had ordered earlier models. I went to three dealerships and messaged with Carl at Criswell and got quotes from all four. Based on varying trade-in values, I discovered that I was basically getting the same out the door price from all three local dealers. Criswell was another $1K below the best offer I had locally, but it meant driving 1600 miles to get him my trade-in and pick up the Pacifica. That, combined with the (possibly remote but still real) chance that something could go wrong at Criswell, meant that I was shopping locally. In the end, my wife and I went with the dealership that gave us the best impression. One dealership really screwed the pooch by reneging on the trade-in value I was given on the phone after I drove 30 miles to get there. Walked right out of that place and never looked back. I think we might have saved another couple hundred bucks at the third, larger dealership, but we felt that it wasn't being honest with us about the sunroof availability in order to get us to place our order. I definitely used the best figures I got for both the PacHy and my trade-in to try and keep each of the dealers honest.

Not the most scientific approach, granted. But I did plenty of research about the price and, when I saw a pattern of pricing emerging, it made sense to make the deal with the best people since I knew I wasn't leaving more than a couple hundred bucks on the table. I think the federal tax credit hurts the buyer's negotiating position to an extent, because in most cases the dealer knows you're paying $7500 less than whatever price you agree with them.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If it's any consolation, my 20 years of car sales experience tells me this (and you can quote me) : "The client that pays more will be more satisfied with his purchase".

·
Registered
110 Posts
"The client that pays more will be more satisfied with his purchase".
Sounds like you know Bob Iger. That is backfiring on him right now.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like you know Bob Iger. That is backfiring on him right now.
A lot of dealerships pay bonuses on the "CSI" level attained by a salesman. I made more money selling new Audi's by maintaining a near perfect CSI score than another guy who actually sold more cars. Customers who shop and haggle till they get the last penny off of the table are always suspicious that they still didn't get the "best" deal. They will give the dealer a bad survey score. It's just one of those weird things.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
Cornfield
2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums
PacificaForums.com - A forum community dedicated to Chrysler Pacifica owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, towing capacity, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing