2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2020 Buyers Feeling about 2021 announcement

2020 buyers - happy or annoyed with 2021

6K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  62408 
#1 ·
So they launch the 2021 when they are barely getting customer deliveries of the 2020 version to customers. I’m curious how 2020 buyers feel seeing that the 2021 version is getting a facelift internally and externally + AWD in gas version only (which I personally think sucks and is a big miss on their part to exclude hybrid). If you had of known 2 months ago would you still have purchased the 2020?

Comment: Angry, annoyed, don’t care, I love my 2020

#3 ·
I am in a unique position to respond.

My lease is up at the end of 2020 so I planned to get a 2020 Red S edition. I love the look of it now with the battleship gray I lust after. Now seeing the 2021 MCR I am a bit torn. I don't look the new look - at least in pictures nor the move to more SUV like styling inside and out. I drive a van by choice and never once wanted it to me more like a 3 row SUV. I don't love the leather color on the Pinnacle trim nor the console that blocks the space between the front seats.

However there are new features I would like - bigger screen, auto fold mirrors, wireless charging, etc. I wish I could see the online configuration for the 2021 to check out color and options. What I don't know is when the 2020s would stop being available for order. I am currently leaning towards getting a 2020 for a few years and the begrudgingly move to the new one.

I understand why Chrysler went with this style but I really LOVE the look of mine now.
John

#4 ·
I've had my 2019 for almost a year. It's no surprise that they did a mid-cycle refresh--Chrysler has been doing that with their minivans for a long, long time. With the 5th generation vans they significantly improved the engine and interior. The 4th, they added Stow'n'Go. In some ways, this 7th generation refresh isn't as meaningful as those previous mid-cycle refreshes.

It's like anything in life. Newer, faster, better. I'm quite happy with my van. It'll last me until the truly revolutionary, life-changing improvement really hits--self-driving.

#7 ·
Honda was new for 2018. You won't see an all new one for several years. You are correct about Toyota and Kia.

#11 ·
Hi chuckgaudette,

We appreciate your feedback. We will be sure to share this with the Brand team. If you ever need assistance, please feel free to reach out to us privately.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

#10 ·
I'd like to have LED headlights instead of Xenons, but outside of that I don't like the look of the 2021s front end, nor have I heard of any functions that I'd love to have. AWD would be nice, but in my experience it is really overrated as I've driven all manner of 2 wheel drives in terrible conditions and the only times I had issues, AWD wouldn't have helped anyway. And if my wife and I move up north we have my Rubicon to get us around on bad days if needed. ;)

#15 ·
I have a 2017 Limited (33.000 miles) and have been waiting 14&1/2 weeks for the 2020 Limited I special ordered. Last week I heard about the 2021's and told the dealer to sell it to someone else if & when it gets here! I don't like the frontal change but will gladly wait for the other changes.

#17 ·
Hi Lbart,

Please feel free to send us a private message with your VON or VIN as we would be happy to look into your order.

Alex
Chrysler Cares

#16 ·
A few misses on part of Chrysler, although I think the wireless apple carplay and the bigger screen are nice:
1. They missed out on an opportunity to provide a motor driven AWD system, and this way the Hybrid would have also had the capability.
2, they did not address the need for use "EV later" mode on the hybrid, as today the battery gets drained out first and then the engine kicks on. If I know I have a steep mountain to climb I would save the electric power for later and then regen brake all the way down to regain the charge and reduce gas consumption considerable during the uphill climb.
3. And finally, this may be wishful thinking, they could have put in a larger battery pack and still provide stow and go seating, and just eliminate the gas only model altogether. The extra batteries could have gone underneath the front seats area and also make AWD standard. Not even Honda or toyota could have competed with them for a few years to come at least.

#18 ·
If they got rid of the power train and just put in a battery would be paying 90 grand for a pacifica . The take rate is so low on the electric front that it’s definitely not a self sustaining business case/ model . I personally think the only downfall was the non availability of a awd electric with a bigger battery . One could only imagine the cost of buying this especially with the pinnacle interior . I’m okay with what they diid, they definitely fixed and assessed a abundance of things . I also like ability for back seat users to have interface with nav system as well as the real wireless charging . Kudos to you FCA for leaping forward with the Pacifica in a highly absorbed market . The market for capability, cargo capacity, , efficiency and design is so limited in price bs value . All I know is anybody thinks that Haines, Kia , Toyota are a better overall vehicle they are lacking in knowledge .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.