2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for info on floor mats for the hybrid, but only found a few threads, and most were very dated. If you want to provide some more recent experiences with floor mats for the hybrid, please post here, ask questions here etc.

I purchased TuxMat ($275 for front, middle, and rear seats) and installed them today on my 2020 Pacifica Hybrid Limited. I am happy with the front and middle sets:

Covers the dead pedal completely:

Passenger:

But the mat for the rear row of seats does NOT fit properly. In fact, it sticks out so far on the passneger side door that the door won't close unless I roll that part up :(
Passenger side sliding door...mat sticks out so far that it can prevent door from closing:

Drive side sliding door fits very well:

I installed these today. I like the look, and I believe they will hold up well and protect my floor. But I am VERY disappointed that the rear mat fits so poorly. It was not easy to put in. To get a better fit after install, I stowed the 3rd row, moved around the mat for a better fit, and then raised the seats. It had a marginal improvement. They appear to be measured and cut well inaccurately for the rear row and that really sucks. I thought I was done, and was closing all the doors...of course, I closed the passenger sliding door last thinking I was done, and just got a kick to the nuts as the door beeped and returned open. Tried multiple times, but it always opened unless I rolled up the slide of the rear mat that protruded towards the door. I would love to return, but it is winter and I dont' want to go even a few days without mats. So if it doesn't get better in a few days, I will just write a lousy review. Was hoping for better at this price point.

ENJOY!

Attachments

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mine were fine in the back. You should use the Velcro they supplied to keep them down, just like the fronts. The door slides over it when you do that.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Interesting that they don’t look cut to van dimensions , although, they do look like they protect the interior very well . I used weather tech fronts, middle , rear and cargo area . The weather techs offer good carpet protection , ease of in and out for cleaning , ability of ease to lock down to factory floor hooks . One thing I like is the extra roll up on cargo mat that clips on and off that rolls up over the rear fascia ( could be a tad wider ) . Overall, a good set with very few setbacks .

·
Registered
86 Posts
Weather tech looks good. I just got my van today and I will stop by at weather tech shop tomorrow to shop the mats.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine were fine in the back. You should use the Velcro they supplied to keep them down, just like the fronts. The door slides over it when you do that.
Thanks for the tips. I didn't use any velcro on any of the mats. I used only a few clips for the front row, and two for the middle.
Do you have any pics of your rear mat showing were you clipped and used velco?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I didn’t use any clips. i put the Velcro beneath the outer edges, where the mat is designed for the door to slide over it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I went with the WeatherTech mats in my Hybrid and I’m very happy with them, but I did make a slight change and removed to WeatherTech decal and replaced them with a Chrysler Decal for a more OEM look.

I also purchased an additional mat from Amazon to cover the opening of the passenger side middle seat as we have it removed for easier access loading our triplets.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I didn't use any velcro on any of the mats. I used only a few clips for the front row, and two for the middle.
Do you have any pics of your rear mat showing were you clipped and used velco?
Did you get your rear mats to fit better with the velcros with the door closing without problems? I am concerned that the adhesive on the back of velcro will not hold over time.

Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@KingTodd
Could you post a picture of what the TuxMat looks like between the 2nd row seats? From the image on their website, it looks like there is going to be a pretty significant gap there between the 2nd row mat and the 3rd row mat. Is that the case?
Thanks!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Just thought I'd chime in here. I went with the Maxliner mats. They were over $100 cheaper than the Tuxmats, so I thought I'd give them a try. At first I was worried (the material is pretty stiff, so they didn't stay flat on the floor), but, as I expected, with time their own weight and gravity prevailed. They now sit perfectly flat on the floor, are a good fit with great coverage everywhere, and the material makes them very easy to clean. The coverage on the "resting foot" for the driver could be a bit better, but it's a small issue and when I've taken them out to clean them off, not much gets underneath.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@KingTodd
Could you post a picture of what the TuxMat looks like between the 2nd row seats? From the image on their website, it looks like there is going to be a pretty significant gap there between the 2nd row mat and the 3rd row mat. Is that the case?
Thanks!
There is no gap, but I will try to get and post a pic....just got to remember to do it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@KingTodd
Thanks!
@wham12
Pic of the mats between the 2nd row seats, where the two separate mats meet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
@KingTodd Thanks for posting that picture! I am curious though, because that doesn't seem to be shaped like the image that they currently show. When did you purchase your mats?
Here's what they show currently for the hybrid version of the mats, and there doesn't seem to be a flap that heads back towards the third row.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts