2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I placed an order for a new Pachy limited with tri pane roof and the advanced safety package in mid October.
As of 10/22/19 it's at D1 state. However the estimated delivery is 1/2/20. Which means it looks like I will miss the 2019 tax credit.
Hopefully things could go really smooth and I get it before. But don't have my hopes up.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Several here in the same boat. I ordered 9/13 and have been in D status ever since. One call returned a status of D1 as of 10/10, but that has subsequently reverted to D in more recent calls. I’ve got an agreement with my dealer on paper to walk away with my deposit if the vehicle hasn’t arrived by 12/17. As I’m in Illinois, I’ll not only risk the guaranteed federal credit (can’t predict next year’s income) but will also lose $1200 off my trade-in as new tax law will mean I only get $10K of trade-in value knocked off combined taxable sale price of new vehicle. Without the federal tax credit and with the loss of the trade-in value, there’s no way I’m buying a new PacHy and may abort the FCA purchase altogether. Was going to be my first FCA vehicle but wanting to order in July 2019 and not being able to purchase until 2020 is a terrible first impression for a car company. By next year there will be other options available, IMO.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts