2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2020 Pacifica Hybrid limited and 2 weeks (1k miles) later, it died in the middle of the street. Towed it to the closest dealership and they found 7 different failing codes (P061B, P062C, P06B4, P0A45, P0C1A, P1444, P215B). After reaching out to Chrysler Star, they realized that the PIM module failed and need to be replaced. Chrysler customer service was no help.
Anyone had similar issue? Planning to sue but wondering how common is this failure

·
Registered
645 Posts
Haha, I gotta say “ sue “ . Hate to break the news to you , but warranty and any lawyers that says you can sue is gonna love you long time .... omg , the philosophy of people on here “ pinch me if this is real “ ....did you sue Apple when battery died , did you sue McDonald’s when you got a cold coffee ... lol...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like how people are more interested about my actions and not much about the fact that the car dies 2 weeks after delivery. #canadahybridguy, no I did not sue Apple for the battery because the battery is not the brain of the phone. Also, if the phone dies after 2 weeks of purchase, Apple does replace it. I bet you don't even drink coffee...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I bought a 2020 Pacifica Hybrid limited and 2 weeks (1k miles) later, it died in the middle of the street. Towed it to the closest dealership and they found 7 different failing codes (P061B, P062C, P06B4, P0A45, P0C1A, P1444, P215B). After reaching out to Chrysler Star, they realized that the PIM module failed and need to be replaced. Chrysler customer service was no help.
Anyone had similar issue? Planning to sue but wondering how common is this failure
I don't have a hybrid, but there is a search feature on the forum that you can use to read about hybrid owners' problems such as PIM failure. It seemed like there were some failures in the past. The question is, How long will it take to get the part replaced or software updated and get the van running again?

I would be frustrated with a new van seeming to be in such a failure mode so early, but I think checking Lemon Laws for your state is a more reasonable action than suing if the problem doesn't get resolved. Even with Lemon Laws there are certain requirements that need to be met. This is where keeping records is important if you intend to go down that path. In a gas Pacifica, when there is a battery or energy distribution issue many systems seem to fail because they require energy that they aren't getting.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Nope don’t drink coffee, but I also don’t come on sites and honestly make “ dumb and utterly ridiculous claims / statements “..just saying .

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Nope don’t drink coffee, but I also don’t come on sites and honestly make “ dumb and utterly ridiculous claims / statements “..just saying .
No need to be so hard on new posters. People arent always going to approach things the same way.

Diversity is a good thing.

Warranty exists in case you have a early failure so unless I’m mistaken they would have to refuse to fix your vehicle for free? Then you could sue? But lemon law protects you americans better than sueing no? (We dont have that in Canada)

You know what works at my dealership is having the finacing paid by warranty until the vehicle is fixed.

Free payments to cover downtime and a free rental isnt bad if retain your right to use lemon law buyback should it come to that. You could come out on top of a bad situation.. have the midas touch, turn **** into gold.. to do this you’ll have to work with them and be polite but assertive. BMW does this, I have heard of Chrysler doing this too but you’ll need to negotiate it.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease but if you squeak to loud and they feel your a lost cause you’ll get Nothing.

I like the saying squeaky wheel gets the grease but the unreasonable wheel gets replaced.. they’ll give the favors to someone else that appreciates it. Or if your an employee The saying is even more direct.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Typical victim mentality.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But you do come on site to defend Chrysler. Just browsing your past comments I could see how you defend Chrysler/Pacifica whenever you can. I wonder why...just saying

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Typical victim mentality.
You got it reversed actually. When people don't like the message, they attack the messenger. Very typical on these sites!
My 2020 Chrysler Pacifica died 2 weeks after purchase and I will make sure that this gets out to as many people as possible so that they consider this before they buy one!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Yupp , just another statement that only confirms the no logic principle . Let’s hope the forum generates some form of intelligence guideline to allow forum members on here . I hate to say it but ,”stupid is what stupid says “, and the sheer lack of educated posts , subjective posts and knowledge allows you to be recipient of the dumbest thread on the site . 🏆

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
You got it reversed actually. When people don't like the message, they attack the messenger. Very typical on these sites!
My 2020 Chrysler Pacifica died 2 weeks after purchase and I will make sure that this gets out to as many people as possible so that they consider this before they buy one!
The message I get from you is that you expect everything in this world to be always perfect. I've been in the computer tech business since probably before you were born, and guess what? Everything ain't always perfect! We call it "the infant mortality rate", a macabre phrase describing that ALL electronics can have early failures due to the fact that microchips and other circuit components cannot be fully inspected for defects. Bet you didn't know that?

Bet you did know that when you say that you want to "make sure that this gets out to as many people as possible so that they consider this before they buy one" some of us might think you're just being a wee bit kind of trollish?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The message I get from you is that you expect everything in this world to be always perfect. I've been in the computer tech business since probably before you were born, and guess what? Everything ain't always perfect! We call it "the infant mortality rate", a macabre phrase describing that ALL electronics can have early failures due to the fact that microchips and other circuit components cannot be fully inspected for defects. Bet you didn't know that?

Bet you did know that when you say that you want to "make sure that this gets out to as many people as possible so that they consider this before they buy one" some of us might think you're just being a wee bit kind of trollish?
Bringing up the electronic card is not wise. I am actually an electronic engineer! I'll be smarter than you and wouldn't claim that I have more experience than you because I don't know you but if I have to bet, I am actually more experienced than you. Failure rate is a big factor and nobody here care about that. All what they care about is to dismiss a negative message because they don't like it. When I have a fact that I am communicating to people with a VIN number associated with a failure, it wouldn't be trolling. This is called WARNING people to not fall into the same situation as I did. Exposing everyone's bias. I LOVE IT! What's next, Chrysler's employees chiming in???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yupp , just another statement that only confirms the no logic principle . Let’s hope the forum generates some form of intelligence guideline to allow forum members on here . I hate to say it but ,”stupid is what stupid says “, and the sheer lack of educated posts , subjective posts and knowledge allows you to be recipient of the dumbest thread on the site . 🏆
Get out there and have a life! Oh, go drive your Pacifica before it dies. Quick, not much time left

·
Registered
544 Posts
I will make sure that this gets out to as many people as possible so that they consider this before they buy one!
Why? It's warranted. It will be fixed. I'm not sure I understand why you are so fired up. Can you help me understand?

Also, did you edit your original post? I see people referring to comments that I can't see. What did you take out? Why?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why? It's warranted. It will be fixed. I'm not sure I understand why you are so fired up. Can you help me understand?

Also, did you edit your original post? I see people referring to comments that I can't see. What did you take out? Why?
I came to this forum to try and understand whether the issues I'm running into are common enough or simple exception. However, people here are more interested in giving legal advice or insult anyone they don't agree with. The original post is unchanged from the initial post

1 - 20 of 58 Posts