2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What changes will we see in 2020?
When will we see the official information?

Let's discuss it based on the rumors and educated guesses.
A fleet management company says that the 2020 should be available to order right now, so it is about time we have a discussion
https://www.donlen.com/buildstart-chrysler.html?fbclid=IwAR1tI5yjg2sld6sucELMOBKk0imuWqTrfJMWskei2Qb0As5GvNgeBxf_PeI
My thoughts:
The last generation Grand Caravan was introduced in 2008, had its first major update in 2011. It raises the chances that Pacifica will follow a similar timeline.

FCA announced a new generation of Android based entertainment systems, with rollout starting this year. https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1108129_fcas-next-gen-uconnect-system-will-be-powered-by-android-offer-cloud-services Considering problems with the current Uconnect, Pacifica should be a strong candidate for the new system.

The AWD rumors are strong, but light on details. Will it be a traditional or a Hybrid based system?

Somewhat off topic, Toyota says it will offer a "dark" package for 2020 Sienna, which means that the old design will continue for at least another year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hope the 2020s come out soon I have been waiting to buy my Pacifica for 2 months now but all that I see are 2019s and I don’t wana buy a 2019 when the 2020 is gonna be refreshed

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
There's probably no chance, but I'd love to see the giant Connect screen that the Dodge Ram has!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Yea but the screen isn't the OS. In fact I believe its separate from the actual CPU unit. So they "could" still put the giant screen on the Pac and run the latest OS.

But you're right, they need faster processors, especially for the UConnect theater! I will say that FCA isn't afraid of technology, some of their newest designs have USB-C port! Wow!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Over-the-air updates sound nice. I haven't had one yet (had my vehicle for only a week), but I believe the current PacHy update process takes 6 hours at a dealer!?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Add the better headlights to the Hybrid and also give it better battery range.
I kinda like the halogens, it's got a warmth to it, can see clearly and doesn't seem to blind oncoming traffic. Of course it could always be better but the stock ones seem fine to me.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I doubt we will see a major refresh yet, mainly because the van is still as good if not better than the competition. Toyota is still using a very old platform and there is no reason to put out a new model before they do. Honda has a new model, but frankly it sucks. The people who buy a Honda are going to do so because its a Honda, and they are not going to convert. Other things

- There are still some bugs with uconnect 4 I would like to see fixed, but otherwise its a solid van.

·
Registered
323 Posts
FCA is going to spend major money on the Jeep brand vehicles. I don't see any body changes coming on the Pacifica. Changes will all be components and trim rather than structural.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I don't think anyone is expecting a new sheet metal type changes. But its time for a "face lift" type update. More likely new bumpers and interior trim changes. Just enough to make the PR circuit rounds.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I doubt we will see a major refresh yet, mainly because the van is still as good if not better than the competition. Toyota is still using a very old platform and there is no reason to put out a new model before they do. Honda has a new model, but frankly it sucks. The people who buy a Honda are going to do so because its a Honda, and they are not going to convert. Other things

- There are still some bugs with uconnect 4 I would like to see fixed, but otherwise its a solid van.

I read somewhere that Toyota is planning a “blacked out” trim for next year which means their new platform has been postponed further. They must be brewing something really good to make up for the lost sales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
With minivan sales in a slump I wonder how many awd minivans would sell?

I looked a little bit for the tow package on a pacifica but wound up buying a leftover 17 model without the tow package cause I don't really need the tow package that much.

I think awd would wind up dang expensive, yes I would love to have it but if I would not even search out the tow package I have to be honest and say I would not want to pay a big premium for the awd.

I am not the regular customer for a minvan though, so keep that in mind.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According to @carlw8 2020 ordering will open in July. We should start hearing rumors about the updates in the next few weeks.
In other news, Toyta's 2020 Sienna web site is officially up. Still the same old van with the bus like dashboard. Releasing the 2020 so early probably means that it will have a short production run before the next generation.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I, for one, am GLAD to see Chrysler pushing the release dates back to a more "normal" schedule... at one point several years ago, I swear that they were introducing the 2009 model in February 2008... or something ridiculous like that... how is a dealership supposed to move 2008 stock when 2009 is delivering...? Now they need to discount the model year that you're CURRENTLY in...

I mean... not that it really matters to me. I just found it odd. Seems more correct now to let the dealerships SELL 2019 models throughout 2019 without 2020 nipping at their heels too early. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This the latest information I have for today. I inquired about PacHy, Gas should be the similar:
Dealers can order 2020, but no pricing info is available. It probably means that they can order for their stock.
Limited will come in two flavors- 'regular' and ' '35 Anniversary Edition'. The latter will have some cosmetic changes, its been know for a while.

Engine and transmission are the same

There are no new packages. This doesn't mean no changes. 2018 Android/Apple and superconsole, 2019 seat memory and power folding mirrors also became parts of the existing packages. A detailed description of the packages is not yet available.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
This the latest information I have for today. I inquired about PacHy, Gas should be the similar:
Dealers can order 2020, but no pricing info is available. It probably means that they can order for their stock.
Limited will come in two flavors- 'regular' and ' '35 Anniversary Edition'. The latter will have some cosmetic changes, its been know for a while.

Engine and transmission are the same

There are no new packages. This doesn't mean no changes. 2018 Android/Apple and superconsole, 2019 seat memory and power folding mirrors also became parts of the existing packages. A detailed description of the packages is not yet available.
I guess the 35th Anniversary package is the 'big' news for 2020. Hopefully, there will be some better news for mid-year introduction.

It will be nice to get power folding mirrors and memory seats on other models, though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I guess the 35th Anniversary package is the 'big' news for 2020. Hopefully, there will be some better news for mid-year introduction.

It will be nice to get power folding mirrors and memory seats on other models, though.
The big change also seems to be a new dual pane sunroof with 8 seats, which is combined with the anniversary edition I think.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The big change also seems to be a new dual pane sunroof with 8 seats, which is combined with the anniversary edition I think.
8 seats! where did you read that ? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2019 limited, but I'm still debating due to not having a middle seat in the second row ....

Does anyone know when would the 2020's start shipping ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts