2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I guess the 35th Anniversary package is the 'big' news for 2020. Hopefully, there will be some better news for mid-year introduction.

It will be nice to get power folding mirrors and memory seats on other models, though.
The details of the 35th Anniversary Edition has been known for a while: https://www.motor1.com/news/352286/chrysler-dodge-minivans-anniversary-pricing/
I thought it would be available as a mid year 2019 option, it didn't happen. It is highly likely that the pictures in the link show the 2020 model. Which means no visible changes besides the 35th Anniversary bling. 2020 can still bring not so apparent upgrades, for example HIDs on the Hybrid, however it won't be a mid cycle refresh or radically new entertainment system.
The active safety features may come to the lower trims, but niceties like the power folding mirrors or memory seats are never going to migrate downmarket- this how FCA spreads butter on their bread.

·
Registered
15 Posts
8 seats! where did you read that ? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2019 limited, but I'm still debating due to not having a middle seat in the second row ....

Does anyone know when would the 2020's start shipping ?
No idea when 2020s start shipping, but I was able to order a 2019 limited with 8 seats and full sunroof at the end of May.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
8 seats! where did you read that ? I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2019 limited, but I'm still debating due to not having a middle seat in the second row ....

Does anyone know when would the 2020's start shipping ?
Manufacturing will start mid August. Should hit the dealers in the beginning of September.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
The lower trim Pacificas will be rebranded as Voyager for 2020. It should be reasonable to expect that Pacificas will look the same
This picture indicates new front bumper and headlights. - I take it back. Both parts look identical to the current Pacifica L.

The interior and Uconnect look the same, except for the button with a phone symbol under the left vent.

·
Registered
210 Posts
People have posted pics of that button on their new Pacificas a few times in the past, and I believe the explanation was that it's related to the optional vehicle tracking system.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Is it possible to see from the pics if the headlights are LED? But these are not pics from the hybrid, right?

Also, the steering wheel does not have that shiny thing around like the 2019 hybrid, it is a trim thing or is this the case for the new 2020’s?

·
Registered
190 Posts
While it would have been nice to have some 'real' changes, I like that the 'L' and 'LX' will now be Voyager models, instead of lower-tier Pacificas.

I guess the Chrysler Portal crossover BEV minivan is still up in the air. Maybe midyear, as well as when the Grand Caravan and Journey finally get the ax and a new Grand Caravan becomes a rebadged Voyager.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Is it possible to see from the pics if the headlights are LED? But these are not pics from the hybrid, right?

Also, the steering wheel does not have that shiny thing around like the 2019 hybrid, it is a trim thing or is this the case for the new 2020’s?
The Voyager name plate is going to be the lowest trims of the Pacifica. So it won't have any of the cool features like LED lights or fancy steering wheel. Its not really a new model. They will also make a fleet version with vinyl seats called the LXi and my guess is they didn't want to tarnish the Pacifica name so they re-badged it Voyager.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
So no real changes.

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I think this is pretty major!
Pacifica Hybrid Limited now features second-row, one-touch windows

Was hoping for HIDs.
I don't know about that. No one on the forums ever complained about the absence of one touch second row windows. A lot of people wanted HIDs.

So all we have are: new unexciting color from the "50 shades of grey" gamma, new color for some interior bits, PacHy loses its "wavy" grill.
The one touch windows is the only functional change. Meh.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Is the

“ The next generation of the award-winning Pentastar V-6 gasoline engine, which is mated to a segment-exclusive TorqueFlite nine-speed automatic transmission, delivering 287 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque“

A new upgraded motor and upgraded transmission or is it the same as 2019?

And is the platform new ?

“Chrysler Pacifica was re-engineered from the ground up on an all-new platform, delivering exceptional ride and handling and reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH). Its body structure is light and stiff, making it more responsive with lower levels of body roll and enhanced agility to absorb and distribute road inputs“

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I think this is pretty major!
Pacifica Hybrid Limited now features second-row, one-touch windows

Was hoping for HIDs.
(Psst! I think your sense of humor got lost on some folks!) ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Is the

“ The next generation of the award-winning Pentastar V-6 gasoline engine, which is mated to a segment-exclusive TorqueFlite nine-speed automatic transmission, delivering 287 horsepower and 262 lb.-ft. of torque“

A new upgraded motor and upgraded transmission or is it the same as 2019?

And is the platform new ?

“Chrysler Pacifica was re-engineered from the ground up on an all-new platform, delivering exceptional ride and handling and reduced noise, vibration and harshness (NVH). Its body structure is light and stiff, making it more responsive with lower levels of body roll and enhanced agility to absorb and distribute road inputs“
Only the "New for 2020" part contains the next year changes. Everything else is a rehash from when Pacifica was introduced in 2016

• Inspired by the popular blacked-out look of the S Appearance Package and to further delight customers looking for a distinct interior, the new Red S Appearance Package on Pacifica Limited (gas/hybrid) features:
    • A striking, class-exclusive interior with Rodèo Red Nappa leather seats with Light Diesel Grey stitching and piping, Silver Metal Brush hydro bezels on instrument panel and door trim
    • Red S liftgate badge and Black Noise Chrysler wing badges with Velvet Red insert and Gloss Black exterior finishes
    • 20-inch wheels (18-inch on Pacifica Hybrid) with a Black Noise finish, Advanced SafetyTec, 20-speaker Harman Kardon premium audio and KeySense
    • Uconnect Theater, eight-passenger seating and trailer tow (on Pacifica models); Uconnect Theater and tri-pane panoramic sunroof (on Pacifica Hybrid models)
    • Red S Appearance available in six exterior paint colors – Ceramic Grey Clear Coat (new), Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat, Granite Crystal Metallic Coat, Billet Metallic Clear Coat, Bright White Clear Coat and Maximum Steel Clear Coat
  • Honeycomb grille pattern now comes standard on Pacifica Hybrid models
  • New interior design elements include available Ceramic Grey Clear paint color and new Nova Black bezels on instrument panel and door trim
  • Dual-pane panoramic sunroof option now available on all Pacifica gas models, available with eight-passenger seating for the first time
  • Pacifica Touring L and Touring L Plus models include standard driver seat memory
  • Pacifica Hybrid Touring model adds a standard universal garage door opener, second-row sunshades and an available Stow ‘n Place roof rack
  • Pacifica Hybrid Limited now features second-row, one-touch windows

(Psst! I think your sense of humor got lost on some folks!) ;)
Oops!

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Limited
333 Posts
Looking forward to seeing that red nappa "S" package leather and gray piping. Only thing that put me off the S package before was the all black interior. Not a fan of all. black interiors and certainly not here in FL..

21 - 40 of 41 Posts