2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all , I am new to the forum. Need your advice. I ordered Pacifica Hybrid Limited on Oct 15th and finally got a call from dealer that my pacifica is ready to pick up on Jan 7th. I went there to pick up and noticed the roof door button is not working. The dealer told me that they will fix and deliver it in one day. Next day they called me and told me that there was issue with ABS module and will fix in two days. Till now they didn't fix and saying abs module is not available till FEB 20th.I Paid money and trade my car (Honda Pilot touring) . Tag is transferred to pacifica. I don't have car now. The dealer whom I am dealing with is very rude and not thinking anything about the customer. Dealer is asking me to take some basic car what they have in there rental inventory and they don't have any good cars. Dealer is keeping my money and my Honda Pilot touring edition car and asking me to take what ever they have in there rentals.I requested them to cancel my order, they said no they cannot do that now. Any advice how to deal like this situation. Appreciate your help

·
Registered
35 Posts
First thing I’d do is call Chrysler Cares. They were very nice with me and helped to get things moving along when my dealer wasn’t giving good service. They will put you in a rental but it has to be an FCA product. Unfortunately I don’t think many if any dealers have a Pacifica in their rental fleet but Enterprise does.

Hopefully your van will be repaired quickly although I’m surprised your issues made it through the Pre-Delivery Inspection.

Perhaps if you have a specific need for a van Chrysler will work out reimbursement or rent a van for you.

I think this is there number.

(866) 275-1420

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First thing I’d do is call Chrysler Cares. They were very nice with me and helped to get things moving along when my dealer wasn’t giving good service. They will put you in a rental but it has to be an FCA product. Unfortunately I don’t think many if any dealers have a Pacifica in their rental fleet but Enterprise does.

Hopefully your van will be repaired quickly although I’m surprised your issues made it through the Pre-Delivery Inspection.

Perhaps if you have a specific need for a van Chrysler will work out reimbursement or rent a van for you.

I think this is there number.

(866) 275-1420

Thanks Abovo. I did chat with chrysler and they told me to work with dealer only. They cannot do anything. :( and finally they told me that they are opening a case and they will talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That’s a bummer. Not a good intro to the ownership experience unfortunately.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s a bummer. Not a good intro to the ownership experience unfortunately.

The case manager from Chrysler warranty called me and told me that she cannot do anything .They cannot do anything and I need to go with what ever dealer provide.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I don’t believe it’s abs as it’s a abs fault the engine light would be initiated. If the rear hatch button doesn’t open rear hatch does the key fob open it , does the hatch open with door swipe and the rear lift gate release. If it’s just non operational with the overhead button than you’ve diagnosed the issue . If you’ve transferred all the documents you could take delivery of it and then just go in for service down the road . The abs is not tied to the rear lift gate hatch , just saying . Do yourself a favour and check the hatch opening the ways I’ve mentioned previous . Good luck and let us know some updates . Also , check the fuse on the panel associated with rear hatch opening in the fuse panel . The harness and harnesses are parts that come from vendor/suppliers and could be just a bad fuse and or overhead console switch.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don’t believe it’s abs as it’s a abs fault the engine light would be initiated. If the rear hatch button doesn’t open rear hatch does the key fob open it , does the hatch open with door swipe and the rear lift gate release. If it’s just non operational with the overhead button than you’ve diagnosed the issue . If you’ve transferred all the documents you could take delivery of it and then just go in for service down the road . The abs is not tied to the rear lift gate hatch , just saying . Do yourself a favour and check the hatch opening the ways I’ve mentioned previous . Good luck and let us know some updates . Also , check the fuse on the panel associated with rear hatch opening in the fuse panel . The harness and harnesses are parts that come from vendor/suppliers and could be just a bad fuse and or overhead console switch.
Its brand new and even delivered it to me .

·
Registered
86 Posts
very unfortunate situation. with out delivery and pre inspection how did you pay the money for the van and trade in your car. It’s always suggested to inspect all the features and condition of the van before signing the papers. Keep us posted on updates

Its brand new and even delivered it to me .

·
Registered
506 Posts
You do realize that pre inspection delivery from dealers point is to take it out and wash it and gas it and that’s it . They do not go thru features or options or anything . There’s no way that at factory level they cycle sliding doors and hatches with the switches / foot swipes . This is reason I advise people to go see the vehicle prior to delivery and walk thru it from inside and out to alleviate this problem on delivery

·
Registered
35 Posts
It would be interesting to see the PDI checklist the dealer is supposed to do and the Quality Control Inspection checklist that the factory is supposed to do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid cash for a pacifica hybrid on the lot in Dec. Test drove it and even got a ride a work meeting in the vehicle after purchase, no sign of issues or check engine light. When I went to take delivery after the patment cleared, the service manager ran out and said the vehicle wasn't cleared for delivery - First I had heard of it, but salespeople played dumb (really it might be a condition and they may not have been playing). It failed pre delivery inspection, they replaced some parts, but it still had an ABS fault. Now I have the same answer as you - no ABS modules available but they were not able to give me an ETA. Service manager claimed there were 4 identical cases of failing ABS modules on 2020's right now and no idea what the problem is.
Called Chrysler at the 30 day mark to complain, case manager followed up with me they claim they 'expedited' the order for the ABS module but i'll believe it when i see it.
Will give dealership a last chance to figure it out, otherwise i'm likely start the lemon process next week.
@Sreedhar7788 PM me if you want to share any more details.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Some PDI checklists do contain "Review vehicle features with customer" as a check point. With my current Charger, the lady started to go through all the features but I stopped her, saying I didn't need it as I was coming from another Charger.

Now, whether salesmen actually do it or not...

·
Registered
285 Posts
It would be interesting to see the PDI checklist the dealer is supposed to do and the Quality Control Inspection checklist that the factory is supposed to do.

@stop-eject posted this late last year. 2020 Pacifica Hybrid. Helped me immensely when I went to buy mine.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I thought the lemon law process was taking it in for service for 3x for the same part/repair. Did you take possession of the vehicle from the dealer , and kinda irrelevant about how one payed for purchase, lease or fiancé . If the part in question doesn’t have a eta then the dealer should provide you with alternate means of transportation . I think the problem here is that there a part fox for the Pacifica but no specific date . I think the lemon law you would probably not fall under that circumstance just yet . Frustrating I get it , but if they have provided you with vehicle to drive then that kind of mitigates the frustration . I’d put the mileage on their vehicle and be a tad patient for the part in question . I think it’s quite comical that the vehicle was shipped , was supposedly pdi at dealer level and still they had no idea it had a abs issue . There’s def something not right here as the cluster would indicate a fault and nobody noticed it , just saying .

·
Registered
5 Posts
@CANADAHYBRIDGUY it varies from state to state, but afaik every one includes N repair attempts or 30 days out of service to qualify. It also varies from state to state, but in general ownership starts when the sales agreement is signed, not when you take possession.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I thought the lemon law process was taking it in for service for 3x for the same part/repair. Did you take possession of the vehicle from the dealer , and kinda irrelevant about how one payed for purchase, lease or fiancé . If the part in question doesn’t have a eta then the dealer should provide you with alternate means of transportation . I think the problem here is that there a part fox for the Pacifica but no specific date . I think the lemon law you would probably not fall under that circumstance just yet . Frustrating I get it , but if they have provided you with vehicle to drive then that kind of mitigates the frustration . I’d put the mileage on their vehicle and be a tad patient for the part in question . I think it’s quite comical that the vehicle was shipped , was supposedly pdi at dealer level and still they had no idea it had a abs issue . There’s def something not right here as the cluster would indicate a fault and nobody noticed it , just saying .
Thanks much for you response to my issue. As Joe said I signed the agreement on 12/31st and by Jan 30th the 30 days out of service period will complete.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Interesting as sales agreement is a agreement to purchase . Agreement is finalized or endorsed when particular vehicle is delivered to the rightful owner or contract recipient. Warranty and In service date is originated from date of delivery not contract write up/ purchase . There are indeed mitigating factors that allow for non delivery of vehicle to recipients once the vehicle has been built and or shipped to the dealer . I agree that laws are different state to state but there is a lot of info that dealers ( sales stores ) mislead potential and current owners .

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks much for you response to my issue. As Joe said I signed the agreement on 12/31st and by Jan 30th the 30 days out of service period will complete.
Be cautious with any lemon law claim. If you were to notify the dealer of your intent to file a claim, they may be within their rights to demand your loaner back. That'd leave you with the process of going through the claim without transportation. I'd suggest talking to an attorney before voicing anything to the dealer.

Have you asked the dealer if they can pull a part from one of their new vans on the lot? Some dealers will do this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
@CANADAHYBRIDGUY that may be the wording of your sales agreement; the "sale contract" i have signed for vehicles in CA, OR, and NJ in my life have not had that wording in them. Laws are different from state to state, but UCC applies in 49 of them. There is a lot of info on message board posts that mislead potential and future customers.

@RC Mike the loaner is a goodwill gesture of the dealer, they are likely in their rights to demand the loaner back if it rains on friday; Also, the lemon process is between the manufacturer and the owner - there's no need to involve the dealer (though the manufacturer will likely request detailed service records from them)

Either way: 'talk to a lawyer' is the only sound advice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
@CANADAHYBRIDGUY that may be the wording of your sales agreement; the "sale contract" i have signed for vehicles in CA, OR, and NJ in my life have not had that wording in them. Laws are different from state to state, but UCC applies in 49 of them. There is a lot of info on message board posts that mislead potential and future customers.

@RC Mike the loaner is a goodwill gesture of the dealer, they are likely in their rights to demand the loaner back if it rains on friday; Also, the lemon process is between the manufacturer and the owner - there's no need to involve the dealer (though the manufacturer will likely request detailed service records from them)

Either way: 'talk to a lawyer' is the only sound advice.
Sure .Thanks Joe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts