2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Limited trim with AST and S package.
  • Getting UConnect to work is still a work in progress. Hitting the Assist button would either not complete the call or no one would answer.
  • Lane Keep assist, Lane departure warning might either not be working or is a huge departure from how it works on my Tesla Model 3. I know I shouldn’t be comparing but the car would simply not stick to the lane markings as advertised. This is during night time, will try again in brightly lit day whenever that is in gloomy Portland winters!
  • Dealership generously put 16 miles on the odometer at delivery. When you put a deposit on a car, can the dealership still take the car out for a spin and or have customer test ride the car?!
  • The dealership should have setup the car in our Mopar account and should have helped with the UConnect app setup. Didn’t have high expectations at a dealership where the finance guy says ‘I have another customer waiting, cannot modify financing amount’. (I wanted to pay more out of pocket and finance lesser amount through credit union! Full disclosure - I declined the generous $4800~$2800 7 year 75K Mile warranty and brought a check from Credit Union).

A bumpy start with Chrysler, Tesla sure spoiled us!

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Hybrid Limited
731 Posts
Regarding the lane keeping assist, you are quite right, it is not designed to keep you centered in the lane. It just will nudge you back into the lane if you stray over the line. The result is that if you leave it to its own devices it will bounce back and forth between the lines. Sorry, but that is just the way it is.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Try tinkering with the lane-keeping assist settings to see if you can make it more to your liking. There are two settings, one for sensitivity (how far from center you can stray before it kicks in) and one for strength.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I got the Limited trim with AST and S package.
  • Getting UConnect to work is still a work in progress. Hitting the Assist button would either not complete the call or no one would answer.
  • Lane Keep assist, Lane departure warning might either not be working or is a huge departure from how it works on my Tesla Model 3. I know I shouldn’t be comparing but the car would simply not stick to the lane markings as advertised. This is during night time, will try again in brightly lit day whenever that is in gloomy Portland winters!
  • Dealership generously put 16 miles on the odometer at delivery. When you put a deposit on a car, can the dealership still take the car out for a spin and or have customer test ride the car?!
  • The dealership should have setup the car in our Mopar account and should have helped with the UConnect app setup. Didn’t have high expectations at a dealership where the finance guy says ‘I have another customer waiting, cannot modify financing amount’. (I wanted to pay more out of pocket and finance lesser amount through credit union! Full disclosure - I declined the generous $4800~$2800 7 year 75K Mile warranty and brought a check from Credit Union).
A bumpy start with Chrysler, Tesla sure spoiled us!
Mine had 11 miles on it. 16 is not too bad.

Reactions: pachypdx

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would also look in to having the van aligned. I complained about the alignment on my van when it had 3000 miles on it and the dealer didn’t want to go to bat for me with Chrysler for a courtesy alignment (they’ll do it complimentary under 12,000 miles). Finally at 14,000 miles they did it with a control arm replacement and found three out of the four wheels were out of factory specs, it had probably been that way since new. That might help the lane keeping assist to work more efficiently but it’s not going to be as good as the Tesla.

My VW has adaptive lane assist that keeps the car centered in the lane. I assume that’s how a Tesla works and LKA is definitely not that.

I’ve had the same disappointments with my dealership unfortunately. The customer service is not good and the buying experience wasn’t great either. It’s a wonderful van though so hopefully you can work through some of the teething problems and not have to visit the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would also look in to having the van aligned. I complained about the alignment on my van when it had 3000 miles on it and the dealer didn’t want to go to bat for me with Chrysler for a courtesy alignment (they’ll do it complimentary under 12,000 miles). Finally at 14,000 miles they did it with a control arm replacement and found three out of the four wheels were out of factory specs, it had probably been that way since new. That might help the lane keeping assist to work more efficiently but it’s not going to be as good as the Tesla.

My VW has adaptive lane assist that keeps the car centered in the lane. I assume that’s how a Tesla works and LKA is definitely not that.

I’ve had the same disappointments with my dealership unfortunately. The customer service is not good and the buying experience wasn’t great either. It’s a wonderful van though so hopefully you can work through some of the teething problems and not have to visit the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip. Lane Keep Assist the biggest downer for me so far. Not sure if the dealership will assist me with the alignment. I am hoping I will find a gas model or another in my area to see if it is by design or alignment issue like you said. I’m hoping alignment but I doubt it. Everything works so well in this except LKA.

·
Super Moderator
2,122 Posts
Just as AZBean wrote, this is how LKA works. It only activates at above 40MPH and the van will drunkenly bounce within its lane of travel.
The van I ordered came off the truck with 37 miles on it. I don't know how it got them, but the dealer had nothing to do with it.
Have you tried the Uconnect app? You'll be royally disappointed.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just as AZBean wrote, this is how LKA works. It only activates at above 40MPH and the van will drunkenly bounce within its lane of travel.
The van I ordered came off the truck with 37 miles on it. I don't know how it got them, but the dealer had nothing to do with it.
Yeah, tried LKA at different speeds above 40mph too with ridiculous results! So I gave up on that feature completely. It’s borderline unsafe to even use it ala LKA on Honda Clarity & Tesla Model 3.

UConnect app - definitely a bland as **** app comparatively (Clarity and Tesla). Couldn’t start climate remotely, I have to actually start the car which takes over 30 seconds and it doesn’t always say if it was successful. Worst part is the service requiring $14.99 per month after the trial. I will definitely not pay for the service. Probably more like $4.99 works for me.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Funny coincidence, I happened to talk to a guy yesterday who worked on the FCA autonomous vehicle team and had implemented autonomous lane keeping and lane change. They were testing on PacHys. Sadly he said any vehicle we'd buy within the foreseeable future would not have that code...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yeah, tried LKA at different speeds above 40mph too with ridiculous results! So I gave up on that feature completely. It’s borderline unsafe to even use it ala LKA..
I dont think this is a fair statement.

It ONLY keeps you from leaving your lane unexpectedly.. there is nothing unsafe from not crossing the centerline when you fumbled your french fry - and reach down to get it and LKA prevents a head-on collision..

Its not autopilot, its not autonomous and it doesnt say it is.. it simply “assists in keeping the lane”. Any expectation above this and unsafe situation you incur is on you.

I drive my Vehicle myself and expect nothing more.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The vehicle was driven off the line , down the very lane and through their bar track and then eventually driven to the shipping yard . The van then was driven either to the transport or rail yard and then loaded onto a trailer and then shipped to the dealer . The vehicle was then driven off the truck and then is property of the dealership . The dealership then .... I think you get the drift of how the mileage runs up , and that’s not to mention if it was driven on a road test from the factory ...just saying

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
As far as getting applied from the Tesla customer service , you better have at look at the Tesla forum and see how there is also a huge lack of customer care there as well . The lane keep is just that and not autonomous self doing feature like autopilot. People should read the manual before assuming that it is fully self reliant by itself . Simply relying on the Acc camera / laser or windshield camera to fully operate your vehicle is like rolling the dice . The features are just aids to assist you in driving and require input, observation and reliance from the person sitting in drivers seat .

·
Super Moderator
2,122 Posts
Funny coincidence, I happened to talk to a guy yesterday who worked on the FCA autonomous vehicle team and had implemented autonomous lane keeping and lane change. They were testing on PacHys. Sadly he said any vehicle we'd buy within the foreseeable future would not have that code...
PacHy has all the hardware to electronically control acceleration, braking and steering. Sensors and software determine self driving abilities.

UConnect app - definitely a bland as **** app comparatively (Clarity and Tesla). Couldn’t start climate remotely, I have to actually start the car which takes over 30 seconds and it doesn’t always say if it was successful. Worst part is the service requiring $14.99 per month after the trial. I will definitely not pay for the service. Probably more like $4.99 works for me.
You are lucky then. Refreshing status fails every time for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@stop-eject

I let the Uconnect expire after the free trial because it was such utter crap. It took an age to load the app, and it NEVER worked. Try to lock it from inside a grocery store? Nope. Try to locate it? Nope! Try to get it to remember my fingerprint to log into the app? HA! Why is that even an option, it doesn't even work!! Remote start never worked either.

I'm not too happy about Android auto/Apple car play connection, either. We have issues where it just won't connect to our phones. (Both an android and an apple). Some times it charges them, but won't connect the vehicle. Sometimes the screens in back are black and don't work. They're weirdly backlit and on, but not functional. These issues happen intermittently and they "can't diagnose a problem not present during the inspection". But every **** time in drive there and say, "Hey, it's acting up!" They tell me they don't have the proper mechanic available. I'm starting to believe he doesn't actually exist! It's beyond frustrating!

·
Registered
408 Posts
Just a point of reference, here. The app has worked pretty well for me. Remote start, vehicle locate, charge status have all worked well for me. It definitely takes a minute to load the current info from the vehicle, but the info does load eventually and is accurate.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
@stop-eject

I let the Uconnect expire after the free trial because it was such utter crap. It took an age to load the app, and it NEVER worked. Try to lock it from inside a grocery store? Nope. Try to locate it? Nope! Try to get it to remember my fingerprint to log into the app? HA! Why is that even an option, it doesn't even work!! Remote start never worked either.

I'm not too happy about Android auto/Apple car play connection, either. We have issues where it just won't connect to our phones. (Both an android and an apple). Some times it charges them, but won't connect the vehicle. Sometimes the screens in back are black and don't work. They're weirdly backlit and on, but not functional. These issues happen intermittently and they "can't diagnose a problem not present during the inspection". But every **** time in drive there and say, "Hey, it's acting up!" They tell me they don't have the proper mechanic available. I'm starting to believe he doesn't actually exist! It's beyond frustrating!
The app was 50/50 for me.. sometimes it was mint and others it did nothing.. never bothered renewing it, felt like it should be included.

Seems like you have more than one issue. Maybe find another dealer, the rear screens being blank was a common complaint with the 2018’s when they rolled out IIRC there is even a bulletin.

They are trained to ignore intermittent issues but a good service department knows what to do about it. In this age we cant ignore intermittent issues because thats just how electronics are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
As far as getting applied from the Tesla customer service , you better have at look at the Tesla forum and see how there is also a huge lack of customer care there as well . The lane keep is just that and not autonomous self doing feature like autopilot. People should read the manual before assuming that it is fully self reliant by itself . Simply relying on the Acc camera / laser or windshield camera to fully operate your vehicle is like rolling the dice . The features are just aids to assist you in driving and require input, observation and reliance from the person sitting in drivers seat .
Speaking of reading the manual, the dealer said we only get that little blue pouch which is worthless. It would be nice if there was a set of books like I got with my 14 Ram!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Are you talking manual for repairs of just manual for features dedicated to vehicle features . Google search manual and you’ll find it online . You can either print it or just save it .

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's crazy that they wouldn't let you put more down. I understand that they're busy, and maybe dont make as much on the hybrids, but that's a customer service problem. We put down a healthy amount, and would be disappointed if we couldn't.
As far as manuals, we got what looks like a phone book in the glovebox. It's still wrapped in plastic. Haven't opened it yet.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts