2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Pacifica Launch Edition, Brilliant Black, S model with Tow / safety tech / 8.4 display
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my 2020 Launch edition and called the local Toyo dealer to get winter tires. I ordered black alloy wheels to match the black color. Today I went in for installation and the wouldn't fit. The wheels were from RSSW and they showed on their website that they would fit. I called to confirm and they said they would fit.
They were RSSW Cruiser wheels AZZ756CGB 17X7 5-127 I had silver pair on my Grand Caravan that I traded. Apparently the wheels would not fit on because the brakes are too big.

So I ordered Touren TR60 18 inch wheels and 18 inch Toyos.

My question is, are the brakes on the 2020 Launch edition larger than a 2019 or 2020 2wd Pacifica?

Did they replace everything underneath the vehicle to match the 2021 or just add AWD?

·
Registered
14 Posts
The brakes on the AWD launch edition vans are bigger. I don’t know the specs off the top of my head but it is noticeable when I look at our 2018 and our 2020.

Reactions: Delladog

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
It appears we're all going to have to be cautious about parts until we know the full extent of the changes in the AWD versions. In addition to this wheel issue, in another thread we are told that the fuel tank is smaller. There's probably much more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
so, here's what's weird. i work in parts for mopar. i looked up a 2020 pacifica, and the is only one option for front calipers and pads. the rotors have 2 options, obviously 1 for the hybrid, but that's it. the 2021 isn't in our catalog yet, so maybe that's where we'll see the different listings?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Awd you’ll have to look up and utilize the vin that’s associated with the vehicle . Being a new product mopar parts aren’t always up to date , use the vin and you’ll see the different caliber , rotor , etc ...

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
so, here's what's weird. i work in parts for mopar. i looked up a 2020 pacifica, and the is only one option for front calipers and pads. the rotors have 2 options, obviously 1 for the hybrid, but that's it. the 2021 isn't in our catalog yet, so maybe that's where we'll see the different listings?
I don't work at a dealership, but I have lots of parts experience myself. I also went diving into the online parts catalogs to look for differences when I saw this post. I don't like how Mopar doesn't provide details/exceptions in their parts descriptions (e.g. hybrid/gas, AWD/FWD, with or without tow package, etc.). What's more frustrating is that all the parts websites give the same general results for all models/trims even when entering a VIN. I'm assuming at a dealership only parts applicable to the VIN entered are shown.

The only notable thing I came across was a part number for rear brake rotors (68227707AB) that only fits a 2020 Pacifica/Voyager. An earlier iteration of the same part number (68227707AA) only fits 2017-2019 Pacifica.

·
Registered
78 Posts
the catalog does narrow down using code letters. i'm in line with canada, that mopar hasn't updated the starparts electronic catalog yet.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
the catalog does narrow down using code letters. i'm in line with canada, that mopar hasn't updated the starparts electronic catalog yet.
I wish I could somehow get a list of all the codes applicable to our van. They really should include this list in a new purchase IMO. I've found that you can find what the codes are for most equipment/options for if you look at a fleet guide. For example, the code for the gas 3.6L engine is ERC, but the code for the hybrid 3.6L engine is EH3.

I don't know about other makes, but all GM vehicles have a sticker on them (location varies by model) that shows the RPO codes of all the options/equipment the vehicle came with from the factory.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I assume it is the same for 2020 based on what is reported here, but as @freddief73 mentions, when looking at the 2021, the fleet guide shows the code for the AWD brakes as BR3 (where standard FWD are BRG). I also see the following in the 2021 Pacifica specifications (found in the press kit on the FCA website):

Reactions: freddief73

·
Registered
Pacifica Launch Edition, Brilliant Black, S model with Tow / safety tech / 8.4 display
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It appears we're all going to have to be cautious about parts until we know the full extent of the changes in the AWD versions. In addition to this wheel issue, in another thread we are told that the fuel tank is smaller. There's probably much more.
Yes my 2017 Grand Caravan GT had a 70 liter tank and the 2020 has only 60. I did like the bigger tank so a bit of disappointment there. It also has no gas cap. They have a cap-less filler.
Also no 120 volt outlet and only drivers power seat as opposed to both sides on my Caravan GT.

However it handles way better, stops better and is way smoother. It seems it does not have the foot wave to open sliding doors option.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
I did just check the published specs, and all Pacificas, including the AWD models, appear to have the same 19 gallon tank. How did you conclude your tank is smaller?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
18” wheels with 235/60/18 tires.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did just check the published specs, and all Pacificas, including the AWD models, appear to have the same 19 gallon tank. How did you conclude your tank is smaller?
The tank is being compared to my 2017 Grand Caravan GT which had a larger tank than Pacifica

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Your Grand Caravan has a 75.7 L tank, and the Pacifica has a 71.9 L tank. That small difference (3.8 L) should be more than compensated by the improved fuel economy. The 60 L you initially stated is apparently for the PHEV van.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anyone else tried to put 17s on these AWDs , The dealer here has 17 with winters on them and claims they fit! I'm not saying the OP is wrong, just asking, before I'm stuck trying to get this thing home, we need snow flake/M+S here in B.C. or pay a fine

1 - 20 of 26 Posts