2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got real cold this week. now pacifica cruise won't work, ABS light on, traction control won't turn on or off also park sense. 1500 miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This may sounds crazy, but go seat your fuses.pen up the fuse block and press in all of the fuses and relays. Both my wrangler and pacifica needed to have at least 70 percent of the fuses pressed in, and while it may not fix your issues, it has been known to fix gremlins and only takes about 90 seconds to do ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This may sounds crazy, but go seat your fuses.pen up the fuse block and press in all of the fuses and relays. Both my wrangler and pacifica needed to have at least 70 percent of the fuses pressed in, and while it may not fix your issues, it has been known to fix gremlins and only takes about 90 seconds to do ;)
got gas today, message to service ABS and traction system. nothing about park sense or cruise. last new car for me. too many gadgets they can't make work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it is 2020 have you thought about taking it to or calling your dealer?

A misaligned wheel sensor could be causing your ABS issue which in turn disables your traction control and may also disable your cruise???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just a pain especially with only 1500 miles on it. have to take off work. can't make anything to last anymore.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes i did, pressed on every one. wish would have worked but no such luck, thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If it was mine, after pressing in the fuses I would disconnect the negative battery cable for at least a few minutes to try to reset the system. Remember, you have to disconnect both the main and AUX battery. If this is a hybrid, forget it - I don't know anything about their electrical system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got an appt now. said something about wheel sensors causing problems. will see, thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well turned out a rodent chewed the wires to the wheel sensor on the car. lived in the country for the last 15 years.went in garage and found rat turds in garage. first time in 15 years. have had rats in barn but never in garage, just mice which i put poison out for. never a rodent in the house for 15 years, just my luck. went to farm store and got some rat bait for garage. thanks for all the suggestions. hope will end the problem.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Thanks for circling back with the cause!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
chewing wheel sensor wire caused three problems, ABS, E STABILITY control and CRUISE CONTROL not to work. they weren't sure about park sense yet. hope fixed today, will update.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok, final update. van done and all 4 issues related to chewed wheel sensor. also found out was a rabbit in the garage that did the chewing. dealer also had a couple new vehicles chewed on at the dealership this winter. got a live trap set up in garage but think bunny gone. suprisingly only $97.00 to fix so lesson learned. thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
What the ****? Does the wiring taste good to a rabbit?
Rodents (including rabbits) will chew anything that doesn't taste bad. One of the defining characteristics of a rodent is that those two front teeth keep growing, and they must gnaw on things to keep them sharp and at a proper length.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
ok, final update. van done and all 4 issues related to chewed wheel sensor. also found out was a rabbit in the garage that did the chewing. dealer also had a couple new vehicles chewed on at the dealership this winter. got a live trap set up in garage but think bunny gone. suprisingly only $97.00 to fix so lesson learned. thanks for all your help.
Wow a Rabbit, that's the first I've heard of a Rabbit chewing wires, is it going to be raccoons next?

Glad they got it fixed for you.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts