2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks

Wanted to get some advice from you guys on pricing on the 2020 Pacificas. I am not in a rush to get into a minivan at the moment so I can wait to get it when the timing is right in terms of incentives and discounts.

I would think that since the 2021 is a refersh and they start coming out in 6 months or so at the dealerships, the 2020 remaining models would have better discounts than they do right now.

Do you think the prices will go down on the 2020 Models in 6 months based on historical data for those who have purchased before or have gone through the research process before?

Here is what I have right now which is a pretty good deal I would say on a Touring L Plus.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It seems pretty clear the prices will go down when the new ones come out. The question is whether there will be any left for you to buy. There aren't a lot of them sitting in lots it seems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems pretty clear the prices will go down when the new ones come out. The question is whether there will be any left for you to buy. There aren't a lot of them sitting in lots it seems.
That’s a good point brother. Will have to consider that at the moment

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Do you want the 2 video screens for the 2nd row passengers? They are standard on the Touring L Plus, which adds to the price of that model. They are optional on other models. Limiteds without those screens can be had for nearly the same price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you want the 2 video screens for the 2nd row passengers? They are standard on the Touring L Plus, which adds to the price of that model. They are optional on other models. Limiteds without those screens can be had for nearly the same price.
Yes would like to get those 2 screens because of 2 small kids. My wife and I think it will be useful but I would be open to opinion of others who also have small kids and whether those are actually useful or not. Thanks

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Yes would like to get those 2 screens because of 2 small kids. My wife and I think it will be useful but I would be open to opinion of others who also have small kids and whether those are actually useful or not. Thanks
Well I have three kids, and I think I may be in a position to answer your question.
It is useful for long trips to keep them occupied. The best part is that you can control each screen from the center screen (can also turn one off individually if you want to). You can also play different videos on each screen if you use disc for one and USB flash drive for another but I haven’t done that since the kids will need to be old enough to wear headphones properly (as you can only hear one audio source (or radio) through the speakers at a time.
The problems I find are,
#1 if you have a third person in the middle seat, then it’s an issue for the third row occupants to see the screens.
#2 Kids easily get addicted to screens in the car, and once you start it, they will always want it regardless of how short the trip is. We try to restrict that to trips longer than half an hour but many times the fight simply isn’t worth it and putting the screens up will quickly shut them up.
#3 Video screens will interfere with their naps (in case your kids nap at that time) - better check with your wife :D.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have three kids, and I think I may be in a position to answer your question.
It is useful for long trips to keep them occupied. The best part is that you can control each screen from the center screen (can also turn one off individually if you want to). You can also play different videos on each screen if you use disc for one and USB flash drive for another but I haven’t done that since the kids will need to be old enough to wear headphones properly (as you can only hear one audio source (or radio) through the speakers at a time.
The problems I find are,
#1 if you have a third person in the middle seat, then it’s an issue for the third row occupants to see the screens.
#2 Kids easily get addicted to screens in the car, and once you start it, they will always want it regardless of how short the trip is. We try to restrict that to trips longer than half an hour but many times the fight simply isn’t worth it and putting the screens up will quickly shut them up.
#3 Video screens will interfere with their naps (in case your kids nap at that time) - better check with your wife :D.
Ill be getting 7 seats so captain seats for the 2nd row. I appreciate your feedback.

I’m gonna wait till this craziness is over and see what’s available at that time and how the prices are

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I don't understand the appeal of screens when tablets accomplish so much more and can leave the van.
Exactly what you said .....“tablets can leave the van”. That itself is one of the problem. If it’s a vehicle screen they are watching, then you can simply shut off the car at destination and they will give up without much of an issue. Try that with a tablet or iPad (I mean prying it out of a kid when he/ she hasn’t done with the game).
I don’t want to sound judgmental, with regards to screen time, you are free to do whatever you want with your kids, but for my kids I would like whatever control I have left. Besides I like them to be outside and playing physical games rather than glued to a portable tablet / screen.
To be fair we do use an iPad and tablet for kids but use them only under specific circumstances, we generally do not take them along for trips

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chrysler is running “Family pricing for all” sale at the moment with discount of $2600 on 2020 Pacifica Hybrid. The 2020 Pacifica hybrid we bought in Feb after negotiating a 2700 discount seems to be coming at that discounted price. This is in Seattle WA.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm trying to make a deal on a 2020 Limited. All the dealers basically offered the same deal. Family pricing of about $4,200 off MSRP and $2,500 off in rebates. Those fees listed on that quote for processing and license/registration seem quite high.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Piggie backing.... This is the deal I have on the table for a nearly maxed out limited - very few option packages left off.

Very close to pulling the trigger - What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
If you're happy with the trade-in allowance . . . go for it.

What are you trading?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2017 Traverse LT with 63,000 miles. They were at $15,500 but I got them up to $16,500 - It’s on the higher side of KBB trade value so I’m okay with it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts