2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Same annoying issue here on a 2020 Limited. I can't seem to pinpoint a specific rhyme or reason as to when it occurs. It does seem to help if I power the media system off before turning the car off, but it's hard to remember to do that every time. Hoping this can be fixed in a future software update.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Thanks very much for the post, intend to try the next time I encounter the issue. can you explain how what you do in there is different from the CarPlay solution? I assume it's not about enabling CarPlay to get the screens unlocked; is there another option to go through in that projection manager app?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Now for something new, I now get this gem from the usb port. This uconnect theater is half baked at best. Reading other posts it seems like a potentially faulty vrm. This should be fun with a dealer.... Maybe this is related to the remote lockout.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Now for something new, I now get this gem from the usb port. This uconnect theater is half baked at best. Reading other posts it seems like a potentially faulty vrm. This should be fun with a dealer.... Maybe this is related to the remote lockout. View attachment 44679
I had this happen to me today. 2020 Hybrid Limited S, 941 miles on the clock. 9moth old and 9 year old happily watching puppy dog pals streaming via disney+ on my phone. 9MO watches via a mirror, really I think it's just the colors and motion she likes to see.

Anyway after the birthday party I had the same issue as everyone here. Got back home and messed with it for a little while, and decided to delete the phones from Uconnect streaming. After deleting the phones, Uconnect no long displayed the lockout message. Added both phones back and still no issue, and am currently able to stream via phones to rear monitors. For reference, these are androids, Pixel 5 and an LG G7.

--Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am back! Had to bring my van into the dealership. They had to do a firmware update and then said that some wires were loose. Been fine for about 1.5months, and guess what it's back! While at the beginning of a 10hr trip with a 9month and 3yr old. What a F'ing mess! Of course called assistant and opened yet another case. Which we all know is going to lead to being told to go to the dealership who refuses to schedule appointment, give loaner or rentals, and is over 2 months out. Can't wait to get rid of this POS van! 2020 with only 6k miles on it. There needs to be a recall. It's obviously prevalent enough that there is obviously a problem! @ChryslerCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue. Watched a clip on YouTube about holding in the volume button (left) and tuner button (right) in for 10 seconds.

Annoyingly, this appeared to only turn off the power as the volume button is also the power button for the screen.

however, after turning back on I had full functionality again and could control (listen in) from the front.

hope this helps. None of the other answers on here were that great so I thought I would share what worked for me.
Thanks so much. This fixed it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Uconnect Theater “Remote is locked out while in rear media” Prevention

Total Time: 3-5 seconds every time you turn off van.

Background: We have a 2020 Limited PacHy with the theater package. From the first week we had the van we consistently got the “Remote is locked out” error on the front screen. The only easy fix was to let the van sit turned off long enough for it to reset (and even that didn’t always work). Implementing this series of actions seems to have completely negated the error (aside from getting gas once - see note #3 below) over the last month+. We use the theater daily.

Note #1 - I’m not sure which one of these steps actually prevents the error. Note also, I’m not calling it a “hack” because once you get the error, getting it reset can be hit or miss. This is a PREVENTATIVE only. I have included steps below, as well as illustrative photos. If you do not follow ALL steps, outcomes may vary. Lol!

Note #2 - This series of steps must be done BEFORE the van is turned off and driver’s door is opened EVERY TIME.
1. Power off the rear theater.
2. Change apps from theater. You may be on ANY APP other than theater.
3. Power OFF Uconnect system.
4. Power off van.
5. You may now exit van.

Note #3 - The only time this method did not work was when we got gas once. We believe it may have had to do with the short duration of the stop - that perhaps the system didn’t fully power down/reset. Hard to say for sure. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Again, I don’t know the mechanics of why these steps work, and I only have access to our van, so I’m not sure they will work for everyone. This preventative has worked consistently for us - provided we remember to follow each step (takes a little getting used to at first). It also keeps the movies from restarting from the beginning each time (much to the delight of our kids).

Anyway, wanted to offer this work around for anyone else having the same theater issue.
Display device Technology Electronics Multimedia Grille

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I think this happens when kids use the screens to boot-up the system rather than the system booting up from front controls (then opening screens). What worked for me:

Manually power down both screens and close (weirdly a few times the little red lights stayed on so like a horror film I had to do it a few times until they were throughly murdered). Turn off car. Lose all hope (if you try and power back up you will still be locked out). Go into family restaurant for approximately one hour. Turn car on, catch kids trying to open screens and yell at them to be patient. Go into UConnect from driver position - I think this tells UConnect “I am the boss”.

This procedure is prob akin to removing the fuse. At some point when turned off, the car actually powers the system off completely (but not immediately) so the system doesn’t reboot. Weirdly the “passenger is the boss” doesn’t seem to be relinquished until screens are manually powered down - I have continued to be locked out after the car is off for longer than we were in “The Winking Lizard” (I promise you it’s a family restaurant). The screen murdering was essential.

I have not had success with any of the multiple button holds, open a door, pull my finger suggestions.

Chrysler: I honestly have no idea why the lockout exists. Driver should “always be boss” and even if there is a conceivable reason, the screens should actually power completely down and relinquish boss capacity after closed for 1min.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too want to add my name to the list. My van is at the dealership right now.
My “lock out” is a daily occurrence. We drive 5 min to daycare and park and turn off the van. Then drop off one kid and get back in and start it up again and it’s locked.
this even happens when I pick up my kid. Thus he (3yo) can’t watch on the way home.

Who do I send a private message to so that I am notified for if this if there is a solution, continues and becomes a lawsuit, or there is a recall. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also experiencing the "Remote is locked out while in rear media" issue. It regularly occurs (usually on our most needed trips). None of the suggested fixes on this thread help.
To make problems worse, our Disc player doesn’t seem to be functioning either.
This problem has continued for 3-4 months and our dealership (small town) cannot duplicate/does not have a solution.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2019 Pacifica touring plus for 8 months and recent the same issue all the same as others except the rear screens are black as well and not operational. Called tech support while in van, Uconnect assist had me hold the steering wheel phone red and green buttons for 30 seconds while on park. Then Open my door for 30 seconds theN restart the car. Very odd but steps but still no uconnect theatre in front of back.
This worked. Thank you. Make sure the van is running. I also had nothing attached, like phone or anything. But basically, car is in run, I am parked. I hold red and green for 30 seconds. Then I open car door for 30 seconds. Then I shut door, turn off car. Start car ( hit run). And the back is no longer locked out. Not sure why it happens but I've had to do it twice so far on my 2018, both time successful. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Posting an update: Once again the problem surfaced and none of the methods worked. I completed my trip turned off the car and then it started working again with my method of starting from a seat back screen instead of the front console. Weird
How do you start from the seat back screen. I don’t see a physical power button. There is a software power button on the interface but I can’t press that if the screen is off.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts