2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2020 Pacifica Uconnect Theater - "Remote is locked out while in rear media"

121K views 119 replies 65 participants last post by  Fish101 
#1 ·
We're seeing "Remote is locked out while in rear media" often when starting the car, without any way to fix it. Any idea what it means and how to resolve the issue?

#97 ·
2019 Pacifica here.... Same issue.
None of the home-brew remedies work.

We hadn't used our DVD for 3+ years and the first time we try it it is almost unusable.

It's SHOCKING that the problem is this old and Chrysler hasn't fixed it!

Any instructions about turning off things and depressing multiple buttons simultaneously for 30 seconds is NOT a real solution for bad software. This should be a fix with a recall.

#99 ·
I'll add myself to the list with this software problem - came to the forum to try and find a work around and will give a few of the suggestions a try. We do not use the system very often, but this seems to happen pretty frequently. The front controls should never get locked out - that's exceptionally poor software design. And if it's actually related to the rear camera "fix", this makes at least two things that update inadvertantly broke (going along with the loss of ipod support). This is not a dealer problem, but corporate needs to seriously look into a) updating the software and b) providing much better documentation for the uconnect entertainment system.

#101 ·
Our team is available to take a further look into this for you, GhostRider123. Feel welcome to message us and we can research from there.

Steph
Chrysler Cares

#106 ·
We have a 2020 Launch edition with the AWD and most the options of a Limited car. Our car has been intermittently dealing with this issue also. Sometimes it works fine.
It must be something we are doing during the startup process that is throwing it off? But, if that were the case, you would think turning the car off and then back on would fix the issue.

I wonder if it's related to the remotes or headsets in any way?

#107 ·
Press in and hold both the volume and tuning knobs at the same time, for a solid 15 seconds (not less) when the screen is stuck on "Remote is locked out while in rear media". Then release, and don't touch it for another 30 seconds.

This will perform a hard reset on the system (you can still drive the van while doing this) and it will automatically re-boot to normal conditions.

Since I figured out this, the issue is much less annoying (but still annoying). At least I can play videos for my kids while I drive

Reactions: Henrywho
#110 ·
I've had two dealership stints for 4 week and 5 week each and neither time has resolved the remote lockout issue. I am pretty much done with uconnect support after I had to push to get the rental reimbursement even though the minivan was at the dealership. The recommendation is to take it to another dealership?

The technology is way over their head. Working with Uconnect support is super slow and challenging. When we are done with our minivan needs, we will move away from Stellanis/Chrysler.

#119 ·
So I don’t know where the comment below went but it worked. Thanks. To reiterate that person’s comment, it means the back screens have blocked the front screen access for the dvd player. Try pressing on the theatre symbol in media. If a black screen appears with those same words on the bottom, then it’s the same problem as I had. In the media screen, click on the map. Map, not navigation. Then try to access the dvd player by pressing the theatre symbol again. Don’t know why it worked but it worked.