2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I updated my software over the air today. Safe to say that's a mistake I won't be making today.

Now my climate control just shows "hi" and "lo", and I no longer have the ability to view any of my cameras. I had the surround view option before, but now, even when I'm in R, the camera doesn't show.

I tried pulling F76 for 5 min with no luck. I've tried holding down the radio on/off + tune button down for 10+ seconds with no reset and putting my finger in the upper right or left corners for 10-15 seconds with no reset.

Any ideas on how to put an older version of the software back on? Or fix this issue to regain the ability to use my cameras or have a climate setting that isn't just "hi" or "lo"?

·
Super Moderator
2018 Pacifica Touring L + S
671 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Sounds like you are in for a trip to the dealer to have them re flash the update.

If you can put your vehicle details in your forum signature, it can help us help you. ie Year, trim level, accessories, build date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! That's what I was gearing up to do tomorrow after a call with UConnect seemed unfruitful.

After reading about a 3rd way to try a soft reset I went out to try it. And for unknown reasons things were working again. It is very weird and concerning to me that I did nothing to fix it and it seems to have fixed itself.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
Can you share the solution you found?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wish I could! None of the things I did worked, then I went to drive somewhere and it was just working without me doing anything different.

I can say that none of these things did the soft reset:
  • holding down the power on/off and tune buttons
  • pushing in any corner of the screen for 10-15 seconds
  • pushing in both top or both bottom corners of the screen for 10-15 seconds

I did get a hard reset when I pulled fuse 76 and left it out for 5 minutes. But after the reset it had the same issues.

·
Super Moderator
671 Posts
It could just be that the system needed that much time to complete updating the system after the OTA update was received. Others may have more detail on this. I have not had an OTA update on my 2018 since I bought it used in January of this year.

·
Registered
2020 Luxury White Pearl Pacifica Touring L Plus
54 Posts
New owner here too. How does one check for the OTA?

·
Registered
191 Posts
For 2018 and later model years, after a hard reset (pulling f76) and sometimes after a software update, you need to let the radio go through a full sleep cycle, otherwise you will be missing icons and climate will not work properly.

Shut the ignition switch off and open then close a door to power off the screen. It will then take about 5 minutes (sometimes less) for the radio to go to sleep. Next time you power up, everything should be back to normal.

·
Registered
191 Posts
There is no way to check or induce an OTA update, it's automatic. An alternative is to go to www.driveuconnect.com and download the software (if there is an update available) and install it from a USB drive.

·
Registered
2017 Pacifica Touring L (9/2016 Build)
2,159 Posts
Normally an OTA shows up on the touchscreen with instructions for installing it. Sometimes you can check the UConnect website and download an update using a USB stick if there is one available for your VIN.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the response! That's what I was gearing up to do tomorrow after a call with UConnect seemed unfruitful.

After reading about a 3rd way to try a soft reset I went out to try it. And for unknown reasons things were working again. It is very weird and concerning to me that I did nothing to fix it and it seems to have fixed itself.
There is something in the manual about driving 32 miles for some things to work

·
Registered
54 Posts
Normally an OTA shows up on the touchscreen with instructions for installing it. Sometimes you can check the UConnect website and download an update using a USB stick if there is one available for your VIN.
Thanks, just checked, no updates for me. I don't have any issues with cameras or climate controls.

·
Registered
45 Posts

Ahhh you should realize that you are updating the operating system of a computer. Computer operating systems will NOT allow you to overwrite a file when it’s open and writable. The computer has to reboot for those changes to take effect. Pulling fuses, and resetting things usually prolong the process to work. Perhaps by 10 times or more time than if you left it alone.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just came across this thread and am interested because I also have a 2020 Pacifica which is subject to a NHTSA Safety Recall # 20V-191. Also known as FCA Campaign # W37. Per notices from FCA this is about the reverse camera continuing to show the rear view on the screen for too long after shifting out of reverse. The solution is to go to a dealership to have THEM update software, OR to have an Over The Air (OTA) update, due "during May."

My interest in making an appointment at the dealership for this is close to zero, thought I would wait for the OTA update. Now I wonder about even cooperating with that. But @ahartnet : is this the OTA which finally worked out for you?

My 2020 Pacifica has NOT exhibited the behavior described, and I am not greatly concerned if it should. I am more concerned about wasting time dealing with the Chrysler dealership, or other FCA people.

Thanks for any feedback!

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 2020 did not exhibit this behavior, however, I did take the OTA today. I take a 4 hr road trip tomorrow, will let you know if I see any difference in the reverse functionality.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
918 Posts
This is also being discussed on

My (bad) experience is there in detail, but to summarize, ASSIST and SOS deregistered after yesterday's OTA update. When ASSIST is pushed, it says not active and asks me to register for the free trials. I tried 3 times. The first two times, I entered my name & e-mail and it sat there for over 10 minutes saying "activating." When shut off and ASSIST pushed again, it again asked to start the trial. After the 3rd time, an agent opened a ticket. Other functionality is OK - climate, camera, and Travel Link and no settings seem to be disturbed.

BTW, the soft reset of pushing the volume and tuning knobs simultaneously does not seem to work on my 2020 - is there a different sequence now? ASSIST seemed unaware of the function.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Just to update this thread, I am very disappointed with U-Connect tech support. The agent did not seem to be even aware of the OTA update. Their advice was to run 3 10 minutes engine cycles with 2 or 3 minutes off in between. Now, between the time this started and now, I had multiple short trips , but not that exact sequence. I will try it when I have 40 minutes to kill, but it looks like a trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Just to update this thread, I am very disappointed with U-Connect tech support. The agent did not seem to be even aware of the OTA update. Their advice was to run 3 10 minutes engine cycles with 2 or 3 minutes off in between. Now, between the time this started and now, I had multiple short trips , but not that exact sequence. I will try it when I have 40 minutes to kill, but it looks like a trip to the dealer.
Hi, I'm so sorry to hear this. Are you currently having concerns with your vehicle? Please feel free to send us a private message. I would be happy to help!

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well, good news. Apparently it took from June 12 to today, June 22, for the system to finally sort itself out. As late as June 19, it was still saying it was not registered. I don't remember testing it over the weekend. This morning, 6/22, SOS/ASSIST buttons finally worked. [I did not do the 3 10 minute cycles suggested by U-Connect -- just probably around 20 trips from 4 or 5 minutes to 40 minutes, some with several hops separated by 5 to 30 minutes.]

I still don't know if I need the W37 update - mopar.com says it is incomplete. So I repeated my unanswered question to @ChryslerCares - is the OTA update I received supposed to apply the W37 patch?

Reactions: Clint
1 - 20 of 27 Posts