2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I still don't know if I need the W37 update - mopar.com says it is incomplete. So I repeated my unanswered question to @ChryslerCares - is the OTA update I received supposed to apply the W37 patch?
I am in the same place, @ChryslerCares . An email response in the last day from Chrysler Cares advised that the "system" should update my status in my MyMopar online profile "within a month." Is that really the only way? Isn't there SOME way to detect whether the Uconnect system has been updated to accomplish the recall? (Without the hassle of a dealership visit, no thanks.)

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts
Just to keep the information in these two threads together, Kaitlin from Chrysler Cares stated there:

W37 is different than a Uconnect update. It will be sent separate over the air.

And @Clint responded there:

@ChryslerCares - Thanks, but: WHEN might we get the recall (W37?) OTA Update? And how will we be able to recognize it? The update which just "happened" to me didn't tell me what it was about, or what it was supposed to accomplish, if anything.

How can we learn these sorts of things? Is there ANY source for Uconnect accurate and timely information?

Related: How could we users / customers provide feedback for Uconnect? Why the heck does the system INSIST it must turn ON the "music" whenever the vehicle is started, even when we Muted it before shutting down?

Thanks,
Clint

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts
I am in the same place, @ChryslerCares . An email response in the last day from Chrysler Cares advised that the "system" should update my status in my MyMopar online profile "within a month." Is that really the only way? Isn't there SOME way to detect whether the Uconnect system has been updated to accomplish the recall? (Without the hassle of a dealership visit, no thanks.)
Well, we posted more or less simultaneously. Kaitlen of @ChryslerCares said they are separate updates, but as you have pointed out, there is no way to tell what is in the goody bag -- either before or after the update. Apparently, on the 2020s, there is no way to display the software versions.

Reminds me of other software purveyors who push out updates whether you like or it not.

But more to the point, there should be no way an OTA officially clears a safety recall without some feedback from the van itself assuring that that it installed successfully (and good luck on that being consistent - considering it took nearly 10 days for the last OTA to become functional.)

Reactions: Clint

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, we posted more or less simultaneously. Kaitlen of @ChryslerCares said they are separate updates, but as you have pointed out, there is no way to tell what is in the goody bag -- either before or after the update. Apparently, on the 2020s, there is no way to display the software versions.

Reminds me of other software purveyors who push out updates whether you like or it not.

But more to the point, there should be no way an OTA officially clears a safety recall without some feedback from the van itself assuring that that it installed successfully (and good luck on that being consistent - considering it took nearly 10 days for the last OTA to become functional.)
A little late coming back here, but to share something I have been told by "Chrysler":

I tried out the "Assist" button on my mirror and got to talk with a helpful Customer Service (CS) agent. After assuring her I didn't need any of the stock replies most calls want, she checked with their CS knowledge base AND with higher level support people (this was during normal M-F working hours) to tell me that "Yes, your Pacifica has gotten the recall update. And another Uconnect system update is available, but not yet through an OTA update. Getting the update will require a dealership visit." This call took about 15 minutes. Also had to switch from using the in-vehicle talking system to my mobile phone so that I could check the "Dealership" menu on the Uconnect system (hold both bottom corner (L+R) soft button icons on the screen for 7 seconds) for a Uconnect version level and read it to her.

So there is supposed to be a Uconnect update other than the Recall update available, whenever I go to the dealership. No information about what that update will do. And apparently the "Recall Open" flag will remain on my vehicle record until it is turned off by a dealership. Although by elimination, the OTA update which happened already WAS the W37 recall update. Both "My Chrysler" and "My Mopar" apps continue showing me (after a minute or more of a circle chasing its tail, with an excellent internet connection) an alert that "2019-20 RU VP4 RADIO SOFTWARE x INCOMPLETE" for FCA Recall # W37. But my "Uconnect" app shows "0 IMMEDIATE ACTION" items to address.

Asking again, hoping for helpful information: @ChryslerCares - how can we owners obtain accurate and timely information about the details of our Uconnect systems? As for most car makers, the infotainment system is a major cause concerns in J D Power Initial Quality Study. Please, do this better! At minimum, the online systems available to owners should be consistent. Wishfully, they would also be informative.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
A little late coming back here, but to share something I have been told by "Chrysler":

I tried out the "Assist" button on my mirror and got to talk with a helpful Customer Service (CS) agent. After assuring her I didn't need any of the stock replies most calls want, she checked with their CS knowledge base AND with higher level support people (this was during normal M-F working hours) to tell me that "Yes, your Pacifica has gotten the recall update. And another Uconnect system update is available, but not yet through an OTA update. Getting the update will require a dealership visit." This call took about 15 minutes. Also had to switch from using the in-vehicle talking system to my mobile phone so that I could check the "Dealership" menu on the Uconnect system (hold both bottom corner (L+R) soft button icons on the screen for 7 seconds) for a Uconnect version level and read it to her.

So there is supposed to be a Uconnect update other than the Recall update available, whenever I go to the dealership. No information about what that update will do. And apparently the "Recall Open" flag will remain on my vehicle record until it is turned off by a dealership. Although by elimination, the OTA update which happened already WAS the W37 recall update. Both "My Chrysler" and "My Mopar" apps continue showing me (after a minute or more of a circle chasing its tail, with an excellent internet connection) an alert that "2019-20 RU VP4 RADIO SOFTWARE x INCOMPLETE" for FCA Recall # W37. But my "Uconnect" app shows "0 IMMEDIATE ACTION" items to address.

Asking again, hoping for helpful information: @ChryslerCares - how can we owners obtain accurate and timely information about the details of our Uconnect systems? As for most car makers, the infotainment system is a major cause concerns in J D Power Initial Quality Study. Please, do this better! At minimum, the online systems available to owners should be consistent. Wishfully, they would also be informative.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
20 Posts
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
ChryslerCares
Thanks @ChryslerCares Alison. I may take you up on that, certainly will if I decide I must go to a dealership. But how about helping get a knowledge base available to all Chrysler owners with accurate and timely information? Still seems to be a "secret" about whether the OTA update did, or did not, include the W37 recall fix. Why should this be so difficult to determine? It would save owners out here from concern, would help any ChryslerCares people tell the truth instead of having to guess and make up answers, could save FCA from paying dealerships to take vehicles in without a need.

Related point: Who is responsible, knows the details about Uconnect software updates? (And closely related, Uconnect "issues," generally? I understand multiple organizations have to collaborate to have such a complex system as Uconnect work, but someone has to own overall responsibility. Cannot be ChryslerCares, I doubt it is inside FCA Engineering. How can the correct knowledgeable group answer questions? Or wishfully, FAQ are already answered, somewhere. Where?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts