2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just bought my 2020 Touring L Plus 35th anniversary edition the other day (black Friday actually) and I have been tinkering with the plethora of features. I already discovered streaming apps from my phone to the Uconnect Theater using Miracast, but also found that I can't do that AND listen to my Amazon Music at the same time. Actually, I found that I can't even have my phone plugged in to that specific USB that activates Android Auto and still stream to Uconnect.

That being said, I am looking into options for movies for the kids for a road trip coming up in March. I bought 2 -128 GB USB 3.0 flash drives. I was wondering, if I load one of these flash drives up with tons of movies, can I play 2 movies at once (one to each screen) from the same USB drive on the front console? I want to do this to prevent my kids from kicking the USB stick that would be hanging out of the back of my (or my wife's) seat.

Also, any friendly tips on ripping blu-rays for Uconnect compatibility? I haven't seen a really updated one since an early 2018 post.

·
Registered
285 Posts
So, I just bought my 2020 Touring L Plus 35th anniversary edition the other day (black Friday actually) and I have been tinkering with the plethora of features. I already discovered streaming apps from my phone to the Uconnect Theater using Miracast, but also found that I can't do that AND listen to my Amazon Music at the same time. Actually, I found that I can't even have my phone plugged in to that specific USB that activates Android Auto and still stream to Uconnect.

That being said, I am looking into options for movies for the kids for a road trip coming up in March. I bought 2 -128 GB USB 3.0 flash drives. I was wondering, if I load one of these flash drives up with tons of movies, can I play 2 movies at once (one to each screen) from the same USB drive on the front console? I want to do this to prevent my kids from kicking the USB stick that would be hanging out of the back of my (or my wife's) seat.

Also, any friendly tips on ripping blu-rays for Uconnect compatibility? I haven't seen a really updated one since an early 2018 post.
Yes, plug it in next to the BluRay player. You can stream two movies at once from that same drive to two sperate screens or play the same movie on both screens. You can also load up music on it as well so they can watch movies or listen to music at the same time.

·
Registered
186 Posts

Further to @ThisSuckersElectrical's post, I don't think the USB slots in the seat backs actually take media input. My understanding is that they're just for charging; the HDMI input in the seat backs is the only input source there. Happy to be proven wrong, though!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Further to @ThisSuckersElectrical's post, I don't think the USB slots in the seat backs actually take media input. My understanding is that they're just for charging; the HDMI input in the seat backs is the only input source there. Happy to be proven wrong, though!
You are 100% correct!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts