2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
So glad mine's got the manual 3rd row. There was conflicting literature direct from chrysler saying it would have it on the limited but thankfully that was their typical confusion of the gas vs hybrid features.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Why wouldn’t you want the manual 3rd row ? Press a button and it does the work for you . Fca missed the mark without hids and 3rd row power seating . I’ve never been a fan of stow and go , the seat itself because of the design lacks the feel of a captain chair , but there is extra space under seats and ability to have flat floor .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why wouldn’t you want the manual 3rd row ? Press a button and it does the work for you . Fca missed the mark without hids and 3rd row power seating . I’ve never been a fan of stow and go , the seat itself because of the design lacks the feel of a captain chair , but there is extra space under seats and ability to have flat floor .
Seems unnecessary. It's a lot faster to pull two straps and have it fall in place, rather than wait for it to electronically settle. Agree on the HIDs, it's not enough light at night.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Agreed but I think when you hit a certain price point convince should trump manual . Anything electronic seat, electronic steering colour, , folding mirrors , seat memory , etc should be standard .

·
Registered
629 Posts
You mean why wouldn't I want a power 3rd row? To me it's overkill, I like the manual one better, simpler, quicker, less to go wrong.

Seems unnecessary. It's a lot faster to pull two straps and have it fall in place, rather than wait for it to electronically settle. Agree on the HIDs, it's not enough light at night.
True, but the halogens are good enough, at least for me.

I'm convinced waymo had heavy input if not design control over the hybrid. The hybrid limited had no stow and go, no hids, no glovebox light, no memory seats, no power 3rd row, no sunroof, no 8-seats, etc... all things a taxi wouldn't really need.

If enough of us non-waymo-ers complain then maybe they'll add some content back, like they did with memory seats. (y)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes well if Fca added it as standard you don’t think it’s buried in the price on ice models . Things are not free and standard items aren’t just put on the vehicle for zero cost . The ability to keep the base price low is to allow the consumer/ customer the ability to set his payment based on options . My acr-e viper has carbon ceramic brakes but the cost is minimal compared to getting a set from a aftermarket vendor/ supplier . So all in all, standard doesn’t mean standard really ., it’s pay now or pay on the option sheet .

·
Registered
629 Posts
Yes well if Fca added it as standard you don’t think it’s buried in the price on ice models . Things are not free and standard items aren’t just put on the vehicle for zero cost . The ability to keep the base price low is to allow the consumer/ customer the ability to set his payment based on options . My acr-e viper has carbon ceramic brakes but the cost is minimal compared to getting a set from a aftermarket vendor/ supplier . So all in all, standard doesn’t mean standard really ., it’s pay now or pay on the option sheet .
Not talking about price, at all. I'm talking about trim configuration.

Just compare the 2018 gas limited vs hybrid limited:

in 2018 gas limited but not hybrid limited
  • mirrors memory feature, auto dimming, courtesy lamps, auto adjust in reverse
  • 18in wheels
  • sunroof
  • footwell courtesy lamp
  • glovebox lamp
  • liftgate floodlamp
  • rear ambient lighting
  • right and left front door search lights
  • illuminated map pocket and puddle lamp
  • vacuum cleaner
  • rear windows one-touch up/down
  • heated 2nd row seats
  • 2nd row stow n go
  • auto advance n return
  • 3rd row power stow n go
in 2018 hybrid but not gas
  • rain sensing wipers
  • ACC
  • easy entry slide 2nd row
  • harmon kardon speakers

It's almost as if waymo said "we want ours configured as the gas limited but don't need this and this and this"...

Of course things like bigger wheels and sunroof can be optionally added back.

But more importantly chrysler could have had a configuration for waymo and a separate limited configuration for consumers, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Consumers would expect memory seats and HIDs and power 3rd rows but they were conspicuously absent on the hybrid. Why? Was it solely to keep the price down under $50k?

Attachments

·
Registered
359 Posts
I’m sure it was def pricing . If you look at electric or PHEV vehicles the vast majority don’t really care for all the bling features . The reality is that ,unless your buying a Tesla x or s p100d and paying the premium , ev vehicles really just want distance and not the luxury appointments . Unlike you or myself who probably would check off all the boxes . This is why I’m looking at a Tesla x p100d here in Ontario with free super charging for life . From a $$$ sense its makes most bang for your buck on return for investment . Paying for electricity only escalates the cost vs savings in one pocket . I prefer to be that guy who gets in band wagon before the band wagon becomes full. I’m also certain that Fca has to sell the cars to appease the silent majority as they lose monies on every single one they build . Waymo was a way to recoup their investment on a larger scale bs the less than 1% of the buying population.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts