2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2020 Tourings have a a bit of an offset that keeps the Driver & Passenger door panel out from the body a bit.

I was a bit concerned at first that the doors were misaligned but have observed no other issues and have gotten used to it.

I asked the dealer about it and he said it was to improve on Wind noise and would also allow the door to wear inwards as the rubber bumpers were compressed.

I attached a picture I found on the web of this effect:

·
Registered
667 Posts
That sounds like horseshit from the dealer

Reactions: froglips

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
662 Posts
That sounds like horseshit from the dealer
I agree with this. We had to have the hood, front right fender, and right sliding door adjusted.

One gap was much wider than the other side of the hood. The front right fender looked like someone kicked it in just behind the wheel well. The right sliding door needed to have the rear raised slightly and adjusted inward at the striker. The sliding door still isn't quite perfect, but the striker is at the limit of adjustment.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I agree with this. We had to have the hood, front right fender, and right sliding door adjusted.

One gap was much wider than the other side of the hood. The front right fender looked like someone kicked it in just behind the wheel well. The right sliding door needed to have the rear raised slightly and adjusted inward at the striker. The sliding door still isn't quite perfect, but the striker is at the limit of adjustment.
The dealer did adjust the door that had the lower panel protruding out and they may have worked with the sliding door as well. I can live with it for sure as no one notices at all.
I just see the gaps from an angle when I pull in the garage. And it’s airtight so that works too.
Helps to know some others have similar issues and that I didn’t get the first one off the assembly line or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone else notice the driver and passenger doors protruding out as they meet the sliding door? Just trying to figure out if this is normal.

I am planning to contact my dealer again.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Yeah, do contact him again. Have him assign a real body guy instead of the carwash kid to handle it. By the way, whatever the problem is, it has nothing to do with it being a Touring model. All Pacificas get identical body parts.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is very helpful document.
I am not an auto body tech but it looks like the Front Door to Sliding Door are allowed 6mm of adjustment, most likely in or out.
However when looking at them parallel they must be with 1mm.

I expect parallel is what I am describing as flush. In other words when moving from the front door to the sliding door no more than 1mm offset should be felt on the exterior surface.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the driver's side bottom door protruding from the body aperture at the bottom and from the leading edge of the sliding door on the bottom. The tops seem ok and the sliding door seems correct. The bottom 1/3 to 1/4 of the drivers door is the issue on mine.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Anyone else notice the driver and passenger doors protruding out as they meet the sliding door? Just trying to figure out if this is normal.

I am planning to contact my dealer again.

Hello tekfranz,
We are sorry to hear about your recent concern. Please keep us updated on your dealers findings. If you need any assistance throughout this process, please reach out to us privately.
Laura
ChryslerCares

I have the driver's side bottom door protruding from the body aperture at the bottom and from the leading edge of the sliding door on the bottom. The tops seem ok and the sliding door seems correct. The bottom 1/3 to 1/4 of the drivers door is the issue on mine.
Hello Steined,
We suggest having your dealer inspect this concern if you have not done so already. If you decide to go this route, we would be happy to add an additional layer of assistance to this process. We’re just a private message away.
Laura
ChryslerCares

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I went to the dealer and they checked it out again. There is no more adjustment available in the doors.
However, they told me once more that the offset on the Drivers and Passenger Doors is to prevent wind noise. So the Doors not sitting completely flush somehow deflects the rushing air from rushing in around the doors.

The dealer showed me several other Pacificas that had the same characteristic.

I wish someone would confirm that this is indeed how the Pacificas are designed or whether this is a Manufacturing Defect. Does flaring the Drivers and Passenger doors out reduce wind noise?

One flaw in the explanation is that Limited's Doors seem to line up perfectly, but they have an extra piece of trim on the body. It seems to be a characteristic of the 2020 Tourings. Does that piece of trim counteract the Wind Noise?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Dealer is full of crap. Doors misaligned for wind noise, who comes up with that ****?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The easiest way to demonstrate the issue is to open the sliders on driver and passenger and show them the additional gap on the bumper on the driver's side.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right on mine the door does not even contact the rubber bumper.
Both my drivers and passengers door have it, but it is more prominent on the passengers door.

I will see what @ChryslerCares can do for me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK, I guess I am at the end of what I can do now. My plan is to wait and see if there is some sort of Manufacturer Recall on this issue.

It does not look too awful as I am getting used to it. Disappointing on a new vehicle, however,
Also seems to help on the white Van to keep it washed as the door edges blend in more than when having road grime on them.

I like the Technology Chrysler uses so I think I will definitely consider them and Jeep again. One thing I learned here is to always do a Body Gap inspection when purchasing a new vehicle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts