2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Attached find some photos from the web...

I spent a bit of time trying to figure out why the passenger armrest is not perfectly straight with the drivers armrest.
I concluded from photos around the web that the passenger armrest yaws left on quite a few different models.

Here is why I think it is there. Anyone else see this on theirs?
  1. The Passenger seat on the touring is non/powered and therefore built differently, so the armrest is mounted just at a bit of an angle.
  2. The nice stitched leather wrap because of its stitching cannot be perfectly uniform.
  3. The console is slightly skewed to counteract the dash being angled towards the driver.
  4. The seats need to be perfectly adjusted for height for a good comparison but is impossible between Power and Manual Seats.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Those pics are from one of the Waymo vehicles (extra console on the roof and self driving graphic on the rear monitors give it away). It’s possible the armrests got adjusted in the course of all the interior modifications that were done. If you can find the same phenomenon in a regular version, then maybe you’re right and there is a quirk to the design.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Those pics are from one of the Waymo vehicles (extra console on the roof and self driving graphic on the rear monitors give it away). It’s possible the armrests got adjusted in the course of all the interior modifications that were done. If you can find the same phenomenon in a regular version, then maybe you’re right and there is a quirk to the design.
@pleckerling Thanks for chiming in. New to Chryslers here so getting used to stuff.

Mine has this issue. Was mounting my turnpike transponder from the passenger seat and I look down and am like what’s with the armrest alignment. Certainly a livable issue, however.

(Corrected to say Yaws left)

Update: I really think it is an optical illusion as I compare pictures I took from multiple angles with the web pictures from and some look much worse than others. I think the multiple slants and curves lend to a modern looking van but also a potential issue with optical perspectives.

I did not post mine here but compared mine against the web ones for comparison.The photos are from the Waymo vans on the web as @pleckerling pointed out. I still believe there is a slight left yaw but nothing worth worrying about to or to concern new buyers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts