2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Pinnacle Hybrid
80 Posts
If they fix do I loose value on vehicle when I go to resell.

I was thinking of bringing up lemon law with chrysler as they seem to want to fix and give the vehicle back to me. Keep saying no Buyback.
You should not lose any resale value for a repair. Only on "special" cars where they want "numbers matching" on the engine/transmission/frame/etc do people care about transmission or engine swaps.

I wouldn't worry about a buyback unless the transmission fails again. Things happen. My 2021 Hybrid Pinnacle had a bad wiring harness 4 weeks into ownership. They replaced the harness and I went on my way. I didn't think about a buyback because the van was out of service for 3 days and the issue has not reappeared.

·
Registered
2020 Pac Hybrid Limited, Tech Pkg
271 Posts
We had the similar type of issues with our 2020 Limited. Let us stranded a couple of times. In one instance, we called chrysler care to tow but they never picked it up and it sat overnight in the middle of a parking lot (it had rolled enough while trying to get it to start). Even 12v resets didn’t help. 4 service visits in 6 months= zero fixes (we can’t replicate).

With current high prices in the used car market, we were able to unload it. Only 6 months old so plenty left miles and time left on the warranty for it to hopefully get fixed.

Good luck everyone! We really loved the vehicle otherwise.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So finally they received the transmission and are replacing it this week. Fingers crossed hoping it all works out and this is the last time I take it in for this issue. Just wondering if there are anything I should ask customer care to cover for all my troubles. Like extended warranty beyond there 36K something like that. TIA for help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good luck with that. I would recommend buying an extended warrantee through Max Care or similar if you plan to keep the car. You don’t need to buy it through a car dealership that can charge what they want.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yeah I already purchase one from zieglar online for 8yr/100k. Is there anything else? TIA

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have always been happy with MaxCare that I’ve had on Car Max cars. A MaxCare rep told me you can buy one on a car not purchased at CarMax

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I have always been happy with MaxCare that I’ve had on Car Max cars. A MaxCare rep told me you can buy one on a car not purchased at CarMax
And you would trust a jack of all trades mechanic that does not specialize specifically with your hybrid?

·
Registered
5 Posts
So finally they received the transmission and are replacing it this week. Fingers crossed hoping it all works out and this is the last time I take it in for this issue. Just wondering if there are anything I should ask customer care to cover for all my troubles. Like extended warranty beyond there 36K something like that. TIA for help.
I'm having the same issue. I'm getting the runaround from the dealership, it's not throwing out any codes, so they say they can't fix it. Getting really frustrated.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts