·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Luxury White
53 Posts
Anybody buying a vehicle this big and heavy with a 4 cyl def needs a education on the law of physics .
Thousands of ppl buy this van. Don't think they're uneducated. The 4 cyl can still tow 3500lbs unlike my pinnacle which is not even rated to tow anything

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Thousands of people still bought Apple iPhones knowing the battery issues , Bitcoin currency , GameStop stock . If anybody was going to put a 4 cyl in a van it would have been Honda , and the last time I checked it didn’t have one . The general public still has no idea what difference between a hybrid and a phev is , so yes there is a lot of uneducated people out there .

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
167 Posts
They complained about stow-n-go not being available on the Pinnacle, but they completely missed the fact that the Sienna's 2nd-row seats are NOT removable at all. That was almost a deal-breaker for me when I was shopping 2021 minivans. The awful powertrain finished breaking the deal.

·
Registered
800 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
They complained about stow-n-go not being available on the Pinnacle, but they completely missed the fact that the Sienna's 2nd-row seats are NOT removable at all. That was almost a deal-breaker for me when I was shopping 2021 minivans. The awful powertrain finished breaking the deal.
Agreed completely on the first part. On the second part, for me it was simply the fact that it drove badly compared to the other three competitors.

It absolutely shocked me that my first decision in my minivan purchase cycle was to eliminate the Toyota. I would have considered that lunacy just a short time ago.

·
Registered
2018 Pacifica Touring L+
575 Posts
Minivan Comparison: 2021 Chrysler Pacifica vs 2021 Toyota Sienna

"While it’s great to finally have some competition in all-wheel-drive minivans and the 2021 Chrysler Pacifica Pinnacle AWD is clearly superior in specific qualities "
Well, in reading the entire article I noticed the following was at the end of the above quote:
",we agree it’s the 2021 Toyota Sienna Limited that stands out in the ways that matter most to Canadian families. Its excellent fuel efficiency, flexible interior space, attractive finishes, and thoughtful features make it one of the best all-around family vehicles on the market today, minivan or otherwise."

It would be nice if these reviews contained more real world comparisons of the powertrains, especially in situations like crossing the Canadian Rockies, for example.

·
Registered
800 Posts
"...we agree it’s the 2021 Toyota Sienna Limited that stands out in the ways that matter most to Canadian families. Its excellent fuel efficiency, flexible interior space..."
hmmmm. So, the Pacifica Hybrid's fuel efficiency doesn't count.

And neither does the Pacifica's ability, regardless of model or trim, to make the middle row seats go away. Apparently the Sienna's bolted in, non-removable middle row seats make the interior space more flexible.

I wonder what color the sky is in that guy's world.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
915 Posts
I think they got the weight wrong too. I recall Chrysler bragging the all new Pacifica at 4,330 lbs (curb weight) was much lighter than the outgoing Town & Country. There's no way a gas Pinnacle weighs 550 lbs more than a lower model. I think 4,883 lbs might be what a Pacifica Hybrid weighs.

·
Registered
800 Posts
She wrote:

So, if you need the Pacifica Pinnacle’s full cargo space, you’ll be hauling your captain’s chairs out and storing them in your garage, just like Sienna owners do.

So she knows NOTHING about the 2021 Sienna, period. Yet that train wreck of a clickbaiting web site presents her as:

Stephanie Wallcraft is the daughter of an auto worker and grew up on a steady diet of adrenaline and ethanol fumes in the grandstands at motorsport events. Today, she's a multiple award-winning automotive writer and is President of the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada.

Really now.

Really.

Moving on.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I think they got the weight wrong too. I recall Chrysler bragging the all new Pacifica at 4,330 lbs (curb weight) was much lighter than the outgoing Town & Country. There's no way a gas Pinnacle weighs 550 lbs more than a lower model. I think 4,883 lbs might be what a Pacifica Hybrid weighs.
I'll agree it is a bit high, but remember on the old model the sunroof was an option and on the new model it is standard.

Glass does weigh a lot more than you think, way more than the thin metal roof. Also the AWD drivetrain will add weight.

500lbs over the old model sounds about right.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Tons of people will buy it. I see the appeal, it gets GREAT fuel economy. If thats tops on your list then its a much better option. Personally I wouldnt trade being so underpowered for the fuel economy.

I personally never stow my middle seats, so for me having them fixed isnt a big deal.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Tons of people will buy it. I see the appeal, it gets GREAT fuel economy.
Maybe. Real world compared to the PacHy? I'd like to see that comparison.

And the PacHy lets you remove those middle row seats...

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle Luxury White
53 Posts
I switched to Chrysler from Toyota and no doubt, the pacifica hybrid is a very well thought vehicle but well executed. Reliability is a MAJOR concern. Chrysler does give alot of bang for the buck but initial quality and long term reliability is not there at all. People here have issues with the car as soon as they leave the dealership. That is not normal at all...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well we shopped both the 2021 Pacifica Hybrid, the 2021 Sienna and the 2021 Odyssey. Between the lower msrp, the $5000 rebates, and the $7500 tax credit on the Pacifica it was all about the Benjamin's. After getting it, I'd have to say I would pay more for the plug in option knowing we have been able to do 100% EV since buying it at only 9 cents per KWh to charge. I kind of wanted the AWD but we have made it around Montana winters with just a FWD minivan for the last 30 years so I doubt it's a big deal. We always do buy dedicated snow tires, and will with this Pacifica as well.

Plus I never liked the robots on the 80's Battlestar Galactica which is apparently what the Sienna is styled after... By your command.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Maybe. Real world compared to the PacHy? I'd like to see that comparison.

And the PacHy lets you remove those middle row seats...
Coming from a stow and go Chrysler van, I'd say removing the seats on the hybrid is actually faster than stowing them on the 2011 Town and Country. Not to mention I've skinned my knuckles pretty good once stowing the 2011 middle row.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I miss the ability to stow , I don’t miss the compactness of the seat itself . And honestly for amount times stowed I’d use the floor space cubby bins more for extra storage .

·
Super Moderator
938 Posts
I love that the hybrid seats are able to slide forward and backwards. That's a huge plus for us. Keeps the 3 year old far enough away from kicking the seatback and the 7 year old close enough to use the touchscreen on the Uconnect theater screen. The only thing I miss is the remotely folding headrests. I used to love closing them on my friends when they were getting crazy back there. 🤣

·
Registered
800 Posts
I kind of wanted the AWD but we have made it around Montana winters with just a FWD minivan for the last 30 years
you heretic! Putting the lie to the whole "I see a snowflake every winter, therefore I HAVE TO HAVE all wheel drive--it's non-negotiable!" line.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts