2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to build a new 2021 Pacifica that has AWD and Hybrid. You can easily do specifying Hybrid. But I don't see anything in the specs for any model that inclueds AWD. Either it's not available or it's included automatically (which I doubt). Anyone have any idea why there is no AWD option in the vehilce build-out?

If I'm missing something can you point out to me how I can specify AWD in the build out or do this in some other way?

·
Registered
2020 Granite Limited Hybrid with AST
123 Posts
That's not what the dealer told me. He specifically said there are supposed to be models that have both. Was he wrong?

So they have AWD with conventional engine but not hybrid?
Correct, the dealer is mistaken or misinformed. The AWD is mechanical so it's not possible to work with hybrid (a electrical AWD is possible in future if they choose to do it)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Correct, the dealer is mistaken or misinformed. The AWD is mechanical so it's not possible to work with hybrid (a electrical AWD is possible in future if they choose to do it)
This sounds like my dealer, and the one I bought my last Pacifica from, and the one I shopped at before that. It is always so frustrating to me that people on these forums know more than the dealers who represent the manufacturer. :(

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Funny as there’s a website Chrysler.com that states all models , options , etc and people still don’t get what they can and can’t order model specific .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dealers have no clue what models they can order. You have to do the research yourself. All they want is the sale.

HYBRID = no AWD

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
If only dealers would take like 5 minutes to build you one and they would see what packages are compatible with models and powertrains

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
When you speak of the "dealer" do you really mean a particular salesperson? If a salesperson that I dealt with was that uninformed, I would walk away, and find the sales manager to request a more knowledgeable representative. Most dealerships have a couple of good ones, and many dim bulb hanger-ons.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's not what the dealer told me. He specifically said there are supposed to be models that have both. Was he wrong?

So they have AWD with conventional engine but not hybrid?
Dealer has no idea what he talking about. Change salesman.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
151 Posts
When you speak of the "dealer" do you really mean a particular salesperson? If a salesperson that I dealt with was that uninformed, I would walk away, and find the sales manager to request a more knowledgeable representative. Most dealerships have a couple of good ones, and many dim bulb hanger-ons.
Yes, totally agree!

All Oct - I was driving around to all the local dealers, looking at 2020 AWD Launch Editions. Just walking around their lots, looking at the color options, reading window stickers, etc.
And a salesman would come up to me, and ask if they could help. I'd say - no thanks, I don't need a test drive or anything, I'm just looking at these AWD Pacificas". And they'd say, oh these don't come in AWD. And I'd say, yeah, it's a new model, they just came out in Sep. They'd say, well we don't have any. I'd say, yes you do, over there, the red, silver and black one are all AWD. They wouldn't believe me till I showed them the badge on the lift-gate and the window sticker.

It's very sad their boss isn't training them... or they don't take the initiative to keep abreast of new models / options.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What’s even worse than that is dealerships that sell ehybrid and don’t even have a dedicated level 2 charger .
:eek: Wow, that is kinda crazy. I'd think they'd need that just to be able to do some basic servicing even!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts