2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

81 - 100 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Tom Tom Navigation based? Is that still a thing? And why not Google Maps? Or is that what I am supposed to use my phone for.
Google Maps isn’t stand-alone software. In car nav needs to have a routing engine and map database that is entirely self-contained.

I used to love TomTom. Their older products provided very rich navigation and trip data. Then they dumbed it down because Garmin’s over-simplified products were outselling them. That left those of us who preferred more info without a great option.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well just saw that the new console does away with the big space under the stack - the lid that opens towards you and had the integrated coin slots. That big space is super useful to me now. I would hate to have less cubbies...
Filling that space might be standard on the Pinnacle, but it is an option on other models. You can still have the space if you want it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
"packaging the spare tire on the all-wheel drive model was a bit of a struggle, and indeed, Swanson told me that the two-wheel drive Pacifica’s optional inflatable spare—which normally sits upright behind the cargo area trim—is no longer available. "
Why not???? Why would that be impacted?????

·
Registered
71 Posts
The more I look at the front end the less I like it. And I really wanted to love it. I might get a 2020 model before the end of the year rather than the 2021. I also and fearful of the new UConnect - I learned that with my 2017 which gives me more reason to wait a few more years to work v5 out a bit.
John
Agreed. Normally, a refresh increases attractiveness - but to me, the original front end design is more flowing and eye-catching. One could argue that the new look is cleaner, but that's not necessarily a good thing. Certainly people with an existing model often naysay a refresh, but in this case I don't think that's it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
I prefer the front end of the current Pacifica I think, but again I didn't buy this vehicle for looks, I bought it for family hauling utility. As long as its not hideous I don't really care. The addition of AWD is a huge plus, and the other improvements in infotainment are big plusses as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Like most things a design change takes a bit of getting used to. I like the new design, though it does make it a bit less of a spaceship.

Is the U-Connect screen a bit bigger? Wow that would be nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well rats - they closed up the space between the front seats. That is one of my favorite features of a minivan - being able to have the unobstructed floor storage between the front seats & dash. The move towards an SUV continues.
Totally agree. I like the open room between the front seats. The 2021 design has the open storage underneath the console. Ive had that in several of my other cars and it's useless and inconvenient.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The only thing I really care about is improved headlights across the board.
No need to wait for the 2021 refresh if your current Pacifica has projector headlights. They can be upgraded from halogens to LEDs.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Totally agree. I like the open room between the front seats. The 2021 design has the open storage underneath the console. Ive had that in several of my other cars and it's useless and inconvenient.
They only closed up that space on the Pinnacle. There is an optional console for lesser models that also closes the space, but it is optional. So relax, the space will be there on most Pacificas!

·
Registered
599 Posts
I hope I can see a 2021 before making my decision on the 2020 Red S. OR if the Red S will be offered on the 2021.
I need to know!!
John

·
Registered
56 Posts
That's exactly what I did and it worked out great.
No need to wait for the 2021 refresh if your current Pacifica has projector headlights. They can be upgraded from halogens to LEDs.
Can you point me to a discussion of this topic. I am planning to do this as the Halogens are just too dim and yellow for me. I also have a Subaru with LED headlights and LED DRL and it is so white and bright. The visibility is much improved. I didn't know how much better it was until I tried it for myself!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Going to Auto Show here in Chicago this Wednesday. I will see it in person assuming I even can get close to it with all the interest there will be!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Can you point me to a discussion of this topic. I am planning to do this as the Halogens are just too dim and yellow for me. I also have a Subaru with LED headlights and LED DRL and it is so white and bright. The visibility is much improved. I didn't know how much better it was until I tried it for myself!
Here is one thread:

My $1000 HID/LED headlight adventure.

I bought these for low beams: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FK6TJMD/

And these for fog lights: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FK5QKL4/

There were plug and play.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Click on my "Show Full Signature".

Reactions: Roadtrip
81 - 100 of 121 Posts