2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

101 - 120 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks, I am buying your recommended LED bulbs for the fog lights and low beams. Has anyone replaced the high beams with LEDs on a TL+? I'm guessing the reason you didn't is the DRL on the TL+ high beams?
Yes, and the fact that the high beams are reflectors, not projectors.

Reactions: Roadtrip

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thanks, I am buying your recommended LED bulbs for the fog lights and low beams. Has anyone replaced the high beams with LEDs on a TL+? I'm guessing the reason you didn't is the DRL on the TL+ high beams?
Yes, high beams are use as DRLs during day time and run at half wattage (or voltage) which makes it complicated to replace them with LED bulbs.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Further clarification. The Pinnacle gets a larger console than the optional large console on other models. The Pinnacle does not have Stow n Go seats. The console needs to be shorter to allow room for the Stow n Go moving parts.
Chrysler’s website shows pinnacle with stow and go... scroll down to almost the bottom of this page:

·
Registered
173 Posts
On the pinnacle, the storage bins are still there but the seats don’t fold into them.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Chrysler’s website shows pinnacle with stow and go... scroll down to almost the bottom of this page:
That black interior showing Stow n Go is not a Pinnacle. It is probably the S package van also used on that site.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get the Pinnacle in black leather? All the pics and videos that I have seen online is with the Caramel color.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get the Pinnacle in black leather? All the pics and videos that I have seen online is with the Caramel color.
We'll have to wait for a definitive answer. So far it appears it only come in that tan, but maybe there will be more when the official announcement is made. It will not be a high volume model, so I'm sure choices will be minimal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any word on whether the third row seats have power stow on the 2021? My local dealer said it isn’t available on the 2020. I have the 2017 and am at the end of my lease and love this feature.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Any word on whether the third row seats have power stow on the 2021? My local dealer said it isn’t available on the 2020. I have the 2017 and am at the end of my lease and love this feature.
It is available on 2020. Limited (Gas) only.

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts
According the few window stickers I've looked at, power 3rd row is standard on the 2020 Limited. And I don't think it is available in the lower trims.
Glad you like it and have had no issues. There are a couple of threads with misbehaving 3rd rows that made me not consider a limited for my 2020. It may sound hypocritical coming from me, since I have often stated that many of the problems that come up are few and far between and represent a small fraction of the vans in use, but for me, the issue that usually there is no way to release a jammed seat made it a non-starter for me in that I could be in a situtation where I would not be able to pick up all of my family.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
@jerry17, my only comment on your post is that the Limited power 3rd row failure was a software issue, not "jammed". They fixed it, and mine has been working fine for two years now. I agree there should be an emergency release available. But then maybe there should also be manual ways to close windows and moon roofs? Where do you draw the line on backup systems?

·
Registered
2020 Gas Pacifica Touring L+; (prev 2017 Touring L+)
897 Posts
@jerry17, my only comment on your post is that the Limited power 3rd row failure was a software issue, not "jammed". They fixed it, and mine has been working fine for two years now. I agree there should be an emergency release available. But then maybe there should also be manual ways to close windows and moon roofs? Where do you draw the line on backup systems?
I remember the software issue, but my (not always trustworthy memory) says that enough seemed to be mechanical to flag it in my mind.

Fair question on backup systems, but I'm an engineer and most of our vehicle systems are (hopefully) failsafe, not backup. If one was of that mindset, you would be driving an armored Hummer and be towing a backup one as well.

When you are the consumer, not the designer, it is up to you to choose what risks are acceptable and which to avoid. Believe me, at my age and physical condition, I would LOVE a powered 3rd row -- but I believe in Murphys Law which says that MY luck would be that it would be MY van that would jam on a cold snowy night with the grandkids -- so I passed. An open window in a thunderstorm? -- I'm washable.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I'm trying to erase the image from my mind of you driving a Hummer with another Hummer in tow. It's futile!

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
69 Posts
According the few window stickers I've looked at, power 3rd row is standard on the 2020 Limited. And I don't think it is available in the lower trims.
It is. We picked up a new 2020 Limited a couple of months ago. It's interesting that the power 3rd row hasn't been standard on Limited Pacificas before. It also came on the 2016 Town & Country Limited that we traded on the Pacifica.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It is. We picked up a new 2020 Limited a couple of months ago. It's interesting that the power 3rd row hasn't been standard on Limited Pacificas before. It also came on the 2016 Town & Country Limited that we traded on the Pacifica.
Power 3rd row has been standard on Limited since 2017 models.

·
Registered
2020 Chrysler Pacifica Limited
69 Posts
Power 3rd row has been standard on Limited since 2017 models.
Okay. I have no idea. I just know it came standard on my 2020 Limited. I thought the poster I previously replied to indicated he wasn't sure if it was standard on prior Limiteds, but after I reread what he said he said he didn't think it was available on other trims.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Okay. I have no idea. I just know it came standard on my 2020 Limited. I thought the poster I previously replied to indicated he wasn't sure if it was standard on prior Limiteds, but after I reread what he said he said he didn't think it was available on other trims.
I believe it was not standard (or even available) on the hybrid Limited until recently. It was always standard on the gas Limited.

Reactions: Cornfield

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love the new front-end styling.To me the new grille reads more like Ford Transit than Kia, but I see it.

The two biggest questions I have are:

1) Can we retrofit the 10.1" U-Connect 5 into the 2017-2020's? it looks like it could be a simple swap.
2) Can we retrofit the new full length LED taillights into the 2017-2020's? it doesn't look like there were any body changes, so in theory, it could also be a swap.

here's to hoping!!!!!

101 - 120 of 122 Posts