2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed an aftermarket hitch receiver on a 2021 Pacifica? Should I expect it to be any different from a 2020? I'm planning on getting a 2021 Touring L and I'm debating whether to ask the dealership to put it on vs getting it done at a third party. I don't plan on towing with it, just want to use it for a bike rack.

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
145 Posts
There is more to the tow package than just the hitch. There is additional cooling added. I believe the tow rating is something like 1,500 lbs. with aftermarket and 3,500 lbs. with the factory hitch.
I may be mistaken on the exact numbers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyone know if I can get the factory hitch, including the bumper cutout, put on by the dealership? Or is that only available if its there originally?

·
Registered
2018 Chrysler Pacifica Touring L
145 Posts
You should be able to get them from a dealer or maybe even online. But without the larger radiator and transmission cooler your max tow capacity will be limited to 1,500 lbs. I was a little off the tow package will tow 3,600 lbs. according to my manual.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You can order all the mopar parts and have them change the center piece as well as the kick sensor kit and all I’m saying is parts and labour gonna be very $$$. I did the whole thing myself and just bought the parts , hitch replaced the rear bumper beam , lower fascia piece , opening also has black pieces and relocate kit for sensors . Just remember you have to remove rear lights and take whole fascia off

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Unless they relocated something under the rear it shouldn’t be a problem . Just do your research and get what works for you , some angle and stick out farther than others .

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Not getting the kick sensor, so that shouldn't be a concern. Maybe I'll just get a bolt on and not worry about the bumper. Any reason to think something that worked on the 2020 shouldn't work on the 2021? Specifically referring to this draw-tite.

Talk to someone at etrailer. They're very helpful, and will figure it out, if they haven't already.

I have that exact hitch on my 2018 Limited. It's a good fit for the Pacifica. I just use it for a bike rack. The kick thing works with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
About to take delivery of my '21 Touring-L Hybrid too, and need one for my bikes as well. Seems Mopar has not released a hitch package with the bumper facia mod for the '21. If someone can find otherwise, please let me know! The E-Trailer install video is thorough but definitely more involved than just bolting on, and I do like the more stealth look of the Mopar kit.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
You’d have to order the factory hitch , remove fascia , taillights , remove rear bumper beam , lower fascia surround , rear kick sensor relocating kit .... rear bumper beam gets replaced by trailer tow hitch and bolts right in place of it ...

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
About to take delivery of my '21 Touring-L Hybrid too, and need one for my bikes as well. Seems Mopar has not released a hitch package with the bumper facia mod for the '21. If someone can find otherwise, please let me know! The E-Trailer install video is thorough but definitely more involved than just bolting on, and I do like the more stealth look of the Mopar kit.
Again, talk to a rep at etrailer. This one fits the '20 hybrid. They should know if it will work on the '21.

The extra price for the hybrid model (I have the gas version) includes extra parts necessary for the hybrid. This is for a carbon canister relocation kit.

It is not as "stealth" as the Mopar, but on this particular hitch, Draw-Tite managed to tuck the crossbar quite high, so only the receiver is visible. See the pictures on the above linked site.

Installation is not easy. I found a guy with hitch experience to do it for about $100. He had a lift, and needed his helper for about 10 minutes of the 1 hour (for him) job. It is even more complicated for the hybrid.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Again, talk to a rep at etrailer. This one fits the '20 hybrid. They should know if it will work on the '21.

The extra price for the hybrid model (I have the gas version) includes extra parts necessary for the hybrid. This is for a carbon canister relocation kit.

It is not as "stealth" as the Mopar, but on this particular hitch, Draw-Tite managed to tuck the crossbar quite high, so only the receiver is visible. See the pictures on the above linked site.

Installation is not easy. I found a guy with hitch experience to do it for about $100. He had a lift, and needed his helper for about 10 minutes of the 1 hour (for him) job. It is even more complicated for the hybrid.
I'd really like to get that specific hitch because of how the crossbar is mostly hidden.

Just spoke to someone at etrailer, unfortunately they were not too helpful. They pretty much just went off the Draw-Tite manufacturer guidance.

I sent an email to Draw-Tite, hopefully they can give me a better answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you install an aftermarket trans cooler with the tow package or did you put on a Mopar auxiliary trans cooler?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Did you install an aftermarket trans cooler with the tow package or did you put on a Mopar auxiliary trans cooler?
If you're asking me this question, I use the hitch for a bike rack, and don't need a cooler. I have not researched this subject.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts