2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Our 600 mile 2021 Pacifica was just towed into the dealership after "Charge Fault" came on the dashboard and the vehicle refused to move. I have seen older posts about this problem and was looking for events on 2021 models.
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Limited

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don’t have an answer but I just bought this week and I’m concerned about this problem. Let us know what the dealer says.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Were you charging it at home or a public level 2 charger when you got that message ?
Charging at home Level 1. Picked up vehicle today and was told a relay stayed open and did not close causing the vehicle to basically lock down. I questioned would this be considered a 3 year 36 month item or the 10 year 100K battery. He could not tell me but he assumed it was a battery warranty coverage today. Don't like assume

·
Registered
84 Posts
ut I just bought this week and I’m c
Our 600 mile 2021 Pacifica was just towed into the dealership after "Charge Fault" came on the dashboard and the vehicle refused to move. I have seen older posts about this problem and was looking for events on 2021 models.

Hi - any updates to this? I have a 21 PacHY Limited and experiencing start up issues as well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We have our vehicle back. Dealer said a relay had locked up
Okay - please keep us posted if any further issues arise. I'm new to the Chrysler brand, and obviously kind of regretting my choice after experiencing several instances where the vehicle wouldn't start.

My ordeal is here: 2021 PacHY Limited Service Electronic Throttle

Hopefully whatever issue my vehicle is experiencing can be permanently fixed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Jeff

We had exactly the same issue at 144 miles. My wife was driving the kids 20 miles from home when the 2021 Pacifica Hybrid pinnacle locked up while in motion without warning with the Uconnect app reporting charge faults every few minutes. The dealer had this car for 7 weeks and Chrysler had them replace the transmission. The dealer test drove it for 200 miles, so yes, Chrysler has put more miles on this vehicle than we have.

We got it back a week ago we were hoping the issue was behind us. We did get one charge fault error on the app this week when unplugging the level 2 charger.

However, today the 2nd row cabin lights were full of water after a moderate rain last night. Maybe related?.

We filled out Maryland lemon law paperwork and did a certified letter about a month ago after the dealer had it for 30 days. I was really hoping we wouldn’t have to litigate, but that appears to be the path we are on with Chrysler.

Brian

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi Jeff

We had exactly the same issue at 144 miles. My wife was driving the kids 20 miles from home when the 2021 Pacifica Hybrid pinnacle locked up while in motion without warning with the Uconnect app reporting charge faults every few minutes. ...

Brian
What do you mean “lock up”? Did the wheels stop moving and the tires skid?

I came upon this issue because I just noticed that my UConnect phone app shows a charging fault. It appears right after the charging complete notice (the charging complete and charging fault messages are both from 8 hours ago). Maybe it’s from unplugging the charger?

My wife just got home and I asked her if she noticed anything odd whilst driving and she said everything was fine on her 80 mile journey today. I’m wondering if the message was benign or just a phone app error or maybe a user error in the way I unplugged the charger? We’re just using a regular 120V 15 amp circuit right now.

We just bought this car yesterday and absolutely love it. This forum is extremely useful and I searched for that app error and found this thread and got nervous!

cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have our vehicle back. Dealer said a relay had locked up
Have you had any issue since you have had your vehicle back? We bought a 2021 hybrid Pacifica 5 weeks ago, only drove for 8 days when it stopped and we had the charge fault notification. The dealer has replaced the transmission (said there was a very small hole) as well as a “hybrid part.” However it is still reading charge fault. They are going to replace another part of the hybrid system. Just wondering if those who had their cars fixed had additional problems.
Thanks

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
209 Posts
Have you had any issue since you have had your vehicle back? We bought a 2021 hybrid Pacifica 5 weeks ago, only drove for 8 days when it stopped and we had the charge fault notification. The dealer has replaced the transmission (said there was a very small hole) as well as a “hybrid part.” However it is still reading charge fault. They are going to replace another part of the hybrid system. Just wondering if those who had their cars fixed had additional problems.
Thanks
I just passed the 10k km mark on the odometer with mine yesterday, haven't had any other issues apart from the minor software bugs everyone has.

·
Super Moderator
1,028 Posts
I just passed the 10k km mark on the odometer with mine yesterday, haven't had any other issues apart from the minor software bugs everyone has.
Getting the miles in Emile. Glad yours is trouble free since the initial issues. Hoping it stays that way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here. New 2021 Pacifica Hybrid with <1,200 miles. Driving our family in a remote Interstate at night, and the the entire car simply shut down. There were all kinds of sudden charging fault lights, and the engine power simply evaporated. I had to roll the car to the side to try to protect my wife and children from speeding traffic in the dark. It wouldn't stop, and wouldn't start; just stuck in some sort of limbo. Two days later, UConnect is still sending charging fault notifications nearly every hour even though it's simply sitting in a lot waiting to be repaired (perhaps).

Absolutely terrifying experience; complete engineering failure (as this is obviously not an isolated incident). Anyone have any news on this?

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
209 Posts
This sounds like a different issue, probably with the PIM (power inverter module). Much more dangerous / terrifying when it happens at the wrong moment. Mine only happened when plugging in.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same issue here. New 2021 Pacifica Hybrid with <1,200 miles. Driving our family in a remote Interstate at night, and the the entire car simply shut down. There were all kinds of sudden charging fault lights, and the engine power simply evaporated. I had to roll the car to the side to try to protect my wife and children from speeding traffic in the dark. It wouldn't stop, and wouldn't start; just stuck in some sort of limbo. Two days later, UConnect is still sending charging fault notifications nearly every hour even though it's simply sitting in a lot waiting to be repaired (perhaps).

Absolutely terrifying experience; complete engineering failure (as this is obviously not an isolated incident). Anyone have any news on this? When will the recall be announced?
If it does need a new power inverter module, be advised that there simply aren't any. We had ours for 15 days before it did the weird on/off limbo thing (thankfully it didn't turn off while we were driving, which sounds terrifying). Took it in to the dealer, it's coming up on 8 weeks waiting for the part. Not a human being at Chrysler willing to give us a straight answer about what the honest timeline for repair might be - it's always "next week" or "a couple more weeks." They have agreed to buy back the car but that process takes who knows how long also.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Jeff

We had exactly the same issue at 144 miles. My wife was driving the kids 20 miles from home when the 2021 Pacifica Hybrid pinnacle locked up while in motion without warning with the Uconnect app reporting charge faults every few minutes. The dealer had this car for 7 weeks and Chrysler had them replace the transmission. The dealer test drove it for 200 miles, so yes, Chrysler has put more miles on this vehicle than we have.

We got it back a week ago we were hoping the issue was behind us. We did get one charge fault error on the app this week when unplugging the level 2 charger.

However, today the 2nd row cabin lights were full of water after a moderate rain last night. Maybe related?.

We filled out Maryland lemon law paperwork and did a certified letter about a month ago after the dealer had it for 30 days. I was really hoping we wouldn’t have to litigate, but that appears to be the path we are on with Chrysler.

Brian
Hi Brian

So how did the lemon law process go?

my 2020 hybrid limited has been in the shop for 43 days till now, and after the 30 day mark I opened a case with Chrysler, and some one from there has been in touch, trying to give me incentives to take the vehicle rather than request them for a "courtesy" re-purchase without me having to file a lemon law case.

this was bought in NY,

as far as the repairs go, started as a service charging system message, which when comes up, gives a loud noise for about 15 - 20 mins even after the vehicle is stopped, then the dealer told me he replaced the charging module, and then said something about battery, but I dont believe they replaced battery, next they told me charge port needs to be replaced, and waiting for more instructions from Chrysler engineering, and no ETA when they expect it to be fixed...

I am going to ask them for a repurchase with some add ons, but wanted some advise on how to go about it and if you were successful.

thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts