2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 2021 Pacifica Hybrid will not move. 18,000 miles. It is showing "Service Charging System" and shows an image of the charging cable, but the charging cable is not even plugged in. Does the car think that a cable is connected? See attachments. When I try to shift into reverse to back out of my garage, the car will not move. It makes the spaceship sound and flashes R for reverse -- maybe because it thinks the car is plugged into the wall? When I try to plug my Level 1 or Level 2 chargers in, it simply says Service Charging System and does not charge. At one point it said "Cabin Preconditioning Cancelled Battery Low Not Plugged In"
One more thing -- check engine light is lit up now as well (was not lit up before yesterday)
It sounds very similar to the issue this person had: 2021 PacHy Pinnacle - service charging system error

What should I do?

@ChryslerCares

Attachments

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
First you should see if the small battery is causing this issue, def first place to start . Your still under 3 year warranty , make sure they take the battery out of the vehicle to bench test it .

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
My 2021 Pacifica Hybrid will not move. 18,000 miles. It is showing "Service Charging System" and shows an image of the charging cable, but the charging cable is not even plugged in. Does the car think that a cable is connected? See attachments. When I try to shift into reverse to back out of my garage, the car will not move. It makes the spaceship sound and flashes R for reverse -- maybe because it thinks the car is plugged into the wall? When I try to plug my Level 1 or Level 2 chargers in, it simply says Service Charging System and does not charge. At one point it said "Cabin Preconditioning Cancelled Battery Low Not Plugged In"
One more thing -- check engine light is lit up now as well (was not lit up before yesterday)
It sounds very similar to the issue this person had: 2021 PacHy Pinnacle - service charging system error

What should I do?

@ChryslerCares
Get it to a dealer. And report this to NHTSA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Get it to a dealer. And report this to NHTSA.
Thank you. Having it towed to a dealer today. In case it helps anyone else -- towing to a local dealership is free if the vehicle is still under warranty. (call 1-800-521-2779 in the U.S.) Chrysler also offers rental car reimbursement -- call general customer service at 800-247-9753. Also I just filled out the report form on the NHTSA website.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Just to update people here , filing a complaint is kind of lack lustre because complaints that deal with vehicle breaking down are complete waste of time . Complaints are prioritize on safety levels . So a steering wheel coming off in your hand is not like a complaint saying my vehicle can’t start . Now if you took the vehicle in for service , usually warranty driven , and the outcome is that there is no problem or remedy for the problem then that would be next step . Any car manufacturer knows that safety issues are their priority not “ my car doesn’t start “. So just be a little bit more informed as to what government bodies do with the submissions that you initiate. Pacifica doesn’t start , no warranty or non warranty diagnosis , I was driving and it completely shut down vs it won’t start now . Hence , how and why manufactures give you warranties for these exact situations as frustrating as they are .

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
881 Posts
Just to update people here , filing a complaint is kind of lack lustre because complaints that deal with vehicle breaking down are complete waste of time . Complaints are prioritize on safety levels . So a steering wheel coming off in your hand is not like a complaint saying my vehicle can’t start . Now if you took the vehicle in for service , usually warranty driven , and the outcome is that there is no problem or remedy for the problem then that would be next step . Any car manufacturer knows that safety issues are their priority not “ my car doesn’t start “. So just be a little bit more informed as to what government bodies do with the submissions that you initiate. Pacifica doesn’t start , no warranty or non warranty diagnosis , I was driving and it completely shut down vs it won’t start now . Hence , how and why manufactures give you warranties for these exact situations as frustrating as they are .
I have no idea what you're talking about. NHTSA is already looking in to loss of power problems that are flashing this message. The more reports the better. Sure this one is slightly different due to it being a no start condition, but still worth the report.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Can you please admit that you work for Chrysler? Surely there can be no other explanation as to why you constantly defend and downplay any issue brought up with their vehicles, along with constantly posting about OTHER manufacturer's vehicles in effort to distract from actual Chrysler problems.

Now you are telling people they shouldn't even report problems with their Pacifica Hybrid's.

Folks, if you have an issue with your vehicle, please report it! There is clearly a much larger percentage of very huge issues with the PACHY compared to other vehicles. We already bought the vehicle so it's hard to 'speak with our wallet' after the fact. The next best thing is to use the government supplied communication options to put pressure on manufacturers to acknowledge and fix the issues.

A vehicle not starting is definitely a safety issue. There are infinite scenarios where you NEED a car to get to safety. In addition, there's already a huge list of people who's vehicles have shut off randomly while driving and a vehicle not starting may be related. We just don't know for sure, so these events should always be reported!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle - January 2021 build date
24 Posts

What should I do?

@ChryslerCares

What should I do?

@ChryslerCares
It was a long process and ended up with new power inverter module

Our van is back in the shop with check engine light. Brought in Thursday morning and have heard nothing yet - very frustrating. The code brought up the high voltage battery issue so dreading another lengthy repair

I hope latest issue is quick resolve but for almost a $60k car very frustrating to have 2 potential major issues in less than 1.5 years of ownership

·
Registered
15 Posts

What should I do?

@ChryslerCares
We own a 2017 PHEV. We just had this happen to us two weeks ago (the night before we left for holiday intending to use the van!). We had it towed to the dealer, and, they 'refreshed' or 'flashed' the BPCM (battery pack control module) which had some bad codes stored in the system. (Whatever that means!). It cost us $120. I will be following up with Chrysler Cares to inquire why this is not covered by the battery system warranty. Since then we have had one curious/worrisome 'screen blackout', but otherwise the car has worked fine. (Except for the ongoing don't charge in the garage recommendation).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Day 9. Chrysler informed me that the dealership submitted a STAR request to corporate — it has yet to be approved. Once it is approved, the dealer can order parts. Extending rental car another week.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts