2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping to get to the Chicago Auto Show to see the 2021 Pacifica offerings. Supposedly both the ICE and Hybrid will be on display with styling updates and optional AWD models. The Chicago Auto Show wis always the second week of February. This year, the last day is President's Day.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The leaked look was almost bang on..

Today the 2021 is unveiled.. meet the Pacifica Hybrid Pinnacle.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
The official name for the second vehicle in this thread's subject line is Pacifica Unicorn. Lovable, maybe, but non-existent. ;)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
So there's no AWD hybrid? Any improvements to the hybrid system? Looks like range stays the same?
I’m afraid not.. its essentially a cosmetic overhaul for the hybrid.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like the only major change for the 2021 hybrid is the headlight improvement to LED.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lack of HID headlights has kept me from ordering a hybrid. The LED lights might earn my business.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the 2021 PacHy was unveiled. No AWD, IMHO much worse exterior styling and marginally worse interior styling. I love my adjustable armrests! The 10.1" display, uConnect 5 and wireless charging pad are definitely attractive, but not nearly enough to make me regret my 2020 purchase.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I breathed a huge sigh of relief when the 2021 PacHy was unveiled. No AWD, IMHO much worse exterior styling and marginally worse interior styling. I love my adjustable armrests! The 10.1" display, uConnect 5 and wireless charging pad are definitely attractive, but not nearly enough to make me regret my 2020 purchase.
Hah too funny. I wasnt going to comment on my feelings toward the new designs because they aren't exactly positive, and different is always hard but grows on you in time.

But since we’re being honest I don't like the SUV styling. I have always been attracted to the distinctive look of the Pacifica because its not the ordinary minivan “look”.

Because theres a social status war between SUV and Minivans; where many wouldn't drive a minivan if chrysler paid them because of the image, SUV’s are much cooler.. Making a minivan look like a SUV will maybe win over some, but I doubt it will reclaim its image? Just makes me feel like its trying to hard or something needy like that.

Either way I don't care for suv styling much anyway..

The closed center console copies luxury sedans, looks nice but I like the functionality of the compartments. I have the usb HDD in the lower compartment with my device cables, Cannon battery charger etc.. its my electronics storage. Where would all that go? A Sedan style console isnt nearly as useful as the current layout.

Those beautiful quilted leatherseat would be absolutely trashed by my kids. the creases and folds are cumb magnets and add complexity (stress) to maintaining a family Vehicle. I have no qualms with the design for adult passengers. But I would imaging most lawyer teams would perfer a BWM 7 series to roll up in as much as having a proper business suit is important.

But for those who just perfer minivans its nice to have the option.. how big is that market? Personally I couldn't own the Pinnacle model for myself.

The FamCam seems neat, the little mirror in ours is hard to get used to. I would go for the 10” sub woofer and upgraded electronics. My kids never liked the “are we there yet” feature.. they want the Nav screen so they can see everything.. and they are young. Honestly even with adult passengers it would be nice to have rear seat nav entry and display.

But hey! it comes with 4 new games.. that should sell itself!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hah too funny. I wasnt going to comment on my feelings toward the new designs because they aren't exactly positive, and different is always hard but grows on you in time.

But since we’re being honest I don't like the SUV styling. I have always been attracted to the distinctive look of the Pacifica because its not the ordinary minivan “look”.

Because theres a social status war between SUV and Minivans; where many wouldn't drive a minivan if chrysler paid them because of the image, SUV’s are much cooler.. Making a minivan look like a SUV will maybe win over some, but I doubt it will reclaim its image? Just makes me feel like its trying to hard or something needy like that.

Either way I don't care for suv styling much anyway..

The closed center console copies luxury sedans, looks nice but I like the functionality of the compartments. I have the usb HDD in the lower compartment with my device cables, Cannon battery charger etc.. its my electronics storage. Where would all that go? A Sedan style console isnt nearly as useful as the current layout.

Those beautiful quilted leatherseat would be absolutely trashed by my kids. the creases and folds are cumb magnets and add complexity (stress) to maintaining a family Vehicle. I have no qualms with the design for adult passengers. But I would imaging most lawyer teams would perfer a BWM 7 series to roll up in as much as having a proper business suit is important.

But for those who just perfer minivans its nice to have the option.. how big is that market? Personally I couldn't own the Pinnacle model for myself.

The FamCam seems neat, the little mirror in ours is hard to get used to. I would go for the 10” sub woofer and upgraded electronics. My kids never liked the “are we there yet” feature.. they want the Nav screen so they can see everything.. and they are young. Honestly even with adult passengers it would be nice to have rear seat nav entry and display.

But hey! it comes with 4 new games.. that should sell itself!
Same here, i did not like the new fascia, the current model looks better on exterior. 10.1 inch and Uconnect5 is something interesting but not worth to go for a new minivan just for these 2.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts