2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

2021 Pacifica Limited Hybrid Stalls While Driving - Serious Safety Concern

14K views 33 replies 21 participants last post by  qwertykewl 
Ask your dealer workshop manager if they did performe or car already have software upgraded with RRT 21-062 and 21-063 which supposed to update modules:
BPCM (Battery Pack Control Module), PCM (Powertrain Control Module),PCM (Powertrain Control Module),AHCP (Auxiliary Hybrid Control Processor).
When car stalling with Charging System error while driving it can be worse than just software, but most common it is software thing. In my case there was many faults, with Motor A and other commponent , but as You have mentioned, faults were clearing itself in short time, however wiTech equipment shoud pull the codes easily, even when check engine light gone. I sujest for your own interest purchase some 10$ OBD ELM327 wifi/bluetooth and download free version of alfaOBD app. Show everything about this car. Free software version has limits to work 15 minutes every time you will start it. You will be not able to reset fault codes unless you will use gateway bypass, so don't bother.
In my case,after software update I have mentioned above, I had car stall once, low speed. And only one fault code, again from Motor A (sensor cuircuit) and I was devastated as it may lead to more serious problem which ending up with trans replacement. However, I just continue to drive the van and (touch the wood) it never stall again... And I was not gentle anymore on that thing, driving it in all kinds of condition and load. Electric and Hybrid, with fast acceleration and strong regen. I just put the van through it paces, as I felt I have nothing more to loose... And it is working like it should- never had any issue since 25.10 (last single stall after software update)

Of course it doesn't really in those dengerous situations people and their families having , and that should be taken much closer by Chrysler. But I hope at least all above may help you.
Is there some way we can find out if we have the most updated/upgraded software BEFORE we have issues and/or have to take it in for something?

I have had a couple of issues with the uConnect display/unit: navigation has just "blacked out" a couple of times (blank screen), it doesn't go into "night mode" when it is dark out most of the time (stays on the bright screen instead of the dark one when it is dark out), and now the toggle switch for the radio will only toggle between two presets. I guess I should make an appointment to get things addressed. Hopefully if they have a fix for things I don't bring up they will fix those too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.