2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2021 Pacifica Hybrid has been with my for about a year now, 15K miles. Good experience overall. But recently have been having a lot of issues with the Infotinment uconnect touchscreen. Right before a big road trip, many of the touchscreen functions stopped working. The touchscreen was still there and you could interact with it, but almost nothing worked- no radio/usb/bluetooth, no android auto, can't navigate, no climate control, no access to settings. During the road trip it randomly came back to partial functionality a couple times but always went back to the zero functionality state eventually. During that trip I tried soft reset (Both power/tune buttons simultaneously), pulling the fuse, pulling the negative 12V terminal in the back of the car (which seemed very dangerous by the way, it was sparking a lot when trying to screw it back on, was scary)...all things recommended in these forums. The dealer eventually got the car, opened a STAR case, but Chrysler recommended replacing the whole head unit. That took about a week waiting for parts, but given the supply chain problems today that wasn't so bad. They also fixed the rear hatch recall and did some other module reprogrammings from rapid response bulletins that were due (unrelated to uconnect)

With my van back in hand, all the above problems are fixed, but I have a new one - wireless android auto has become extremely unreliable. I have gotten it to connect maybe 4 times out of a 100 tries. Wired android auto works. Same issue with my wife's phone (Iphone 13 pro, I have Galaxy S10e). Before the original uconnect problems, wireless android auto and carplay worked without issue except for the occaisonal glitch. I've tried many many bluetooth pairings, reinstalling android auto on my phone, uconnect factory reset. The uconnect is currently running R17.98. That is one version down from the newest .99 version, but pre-problems I using wireless android auto on .98 without issue.

One clue I think is the wifi. I never observed it super closely, but wireless android auto/carplay use combined bluetooth and 5Ghz wifi connection to communicate. I've seen in the past when connected to the car pre-problems that my phone's wifi will connect to the car with it's own SSID. When I try to connect now, that doesn't happen. Also, not sure if related but the wifi signal to my house for OTA updates (in the system settings) is very low even though I'm pretty close to the router. Could there be some kind of wifi problem on uconnect I could troubleshoot?

If anyone has any tips getting wireless android auto or apple carplay to work reliably, let me know. I'm hoping I didn't get everything fixed on my car except this one irritating bug.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a update , have you tried to go on uconnect and see if yours has updated a new version yet ?
I took a look on the uconnect website and put in my VIN, but it said I was up to date. Wouldn't be surprised if that was for the unit my car shipped with though, not my replacement

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Android Auto and Car Play (Uconnect 5, PacHy 21) worked well wirelessly before the new software load (the one on the USB drive that was sent out by Stellantis, did not write down the version number). Now, my phone is recognized perhaps 30% of the time when the car is started. I am assuming that something in the initialization negotiation protocol was broken during the update and hope that a new version is on the way. . Once the phone is recognized, it is rock solid and stays running until the car is restarted. Work-arounds that work, some, but not all, of the time-start/stop WiFi on the cellular phone, reset the software on the radio head unit via the Uconnect UI, wait 15 minutes to 1/2 hour of run time, after which it sometimes recovers on its own and starts Android Auto or Car Play. currently have 17.89 and I'm not sure if auto update is working yet.I did nturn it on when the update was sent out so am hoping for an update soon.
On a side note, I really like the UI on the Uconnect 5. Very good UI design, in my opinion. I liked the Uconnect 8.4, but this one is even better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts