21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
141 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Any pinnacle does not have Stow n go for the middle seats , as they use captain chairs ,but still had the floor cubby bins ( ehybrid has no bins as floor is for the batteries ) .

·
Registered
2020 Gas Granite AWD Launch Edition
141 Posts
This is referring to the 2nd row.
The S n G "under floor storage bins" are there in the gas version, but the 2nd row seats have bigger cushions and don't fold into those "storage bins".

The Pinnacle does have the 3rd row S n G seats like the other models.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
No Pinnacle has second row Stow-n-Go. Gas or Hy.
This has been noted in this forum for months, ever since the Pinnacle was announced. It is positioned in the market as a luxury people mover, and Chrysler opted to fit it with more comfortable second row seats in all versions. The Stow N Go second row seats in other gas Pacificas are adequate, but they are not designed for long ride comfort. They had to be made thinner to fit into the available space under the floor. A compromise for a great function. That said, The Pacifica second row Stow N Go seats are a nice improvement over the previous generation Town and Country and Grand Caravan.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Thanks all. My dealer has ZERO of the 2021s so I am waiting to see one in person. All of this makes sense to me.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Just go on Chrysler.com and do a search around your zip code / location after you build it and it will tell you if any are in stock / transit . Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Of watch all the youtube videos!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just received my Black Pinnacle last week. It was not a deal breaker but the stow and go which was one of the most appealing parts of the pacifica for me is not compatible with the pinnacle trim. You can remove the second row seat entirely but it does leave you with holes on the floor where the seat inserts. Just an FYI for people who do not know.

Can anyone explain why this was not accounted for?
I assume the 2nd row seats are nicer than the stow and go then? They compromise comfort to get the seats to fold up. Do you still get the floor boxes? I know I would have preferred a nicer second row seat vs the stow and go capability. But I have a family of 6. So we fill all the seats anyway. What would be nice is the siding sideways adjustment that the odyssey offers for the second row. Then it would be much easier to fit 3 car seats across, or just three passengers across with a bit more elbow room. The floor boxes are nice to have though. We’ve had a few trips where we packed our double stroller in those boxes and it freed up a lot of space in the back. Do you get the third jump seat with pinnacle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
89 Posts
I assume the 2nd row seats are nicer than the stow and go then? They compromise comfort to get the seats to fold up. Do you still get the floor boxes? I know I would have preferred a nicer second row seat vs the stow and go capability. But I have a family of 6. So we fill all the seats anyway. What would be nice is the siding sideways adjustment that the odyssey offers for the second row. Then it would be much easier to fit 3 car seats across, or just three passengers across with a bit more elbow room. The floor boxes are nice to have though. We’ve had a few trips where we packed our double stroller in those boxes and it freed up a lot of space in the back. Do you get the third jump seat with pinnacle?
Gas Pinnacle still gets the floor boxes. Non of the hybrids have the floor box.

Magic Slide is great, we had it in our odyssey. Terrific for 3rd row access when car seat, front or rear facing, is installed. But that function wouldn't work if you're using the middle jumpseat in the 2nd row for 3 across.

8 passenger is optional on non hybrid, FWD only, with the Touring and Touring L.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Gas Pinnacle still gets the floor boxes. Non of the hybrids have the floor box.

Magic Slide is great, we had it in our odyssey. Terrific for 3rd row access when car seat, front or rear facing, is installed. But that function wouldn't work if you're using the middle jumpseat in the 2nd row for 3 across.

8 passenger is optional on non hybrid, FWD only, with the Touring and Touring L.
Unless you're in Canada. They can get the 8 seat on the limited.

·
Registered
240 Posts
How does sliding seat help with three people when it’s a bucket seat , there are only 2 buckets in middle ?
I wasn’t sure what the new models offer, our ‘17 has the third jump seat in the second row. But yes, if it’s just the captains chairs then it’s not an issue needing the slide action of the seats. We have our van loaded with 8 passengers regularly, and finally the kiddos are out of seats, so it makes it more of a non-issue, but would have been nice to have the option back when we had three child seats in the 2nd row.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Having 3 kids in car seats makes having the 8 seat model very useful. All kids within arms reach if sitting in the 2nd row. Plus all that extra space in the 3rd row/trunk for gear. 8 seats also makes sense for those who might have a dog and need the separation between 2nd and 3rd row. The middle seat on the 2nd row doesn’t stow however. There are no inner arm rests on the 3rd row Captain seats if you have the 8 seat model (as the 8th seat can be folded down to give you an arm rest with cup holders). Unlike the 8 seat Honda Odyssey which offers the middle seat AND arm rests attached on both sides of the 2nd row Captain chairs.

The Pacifica offers a “tilt-and-slide” to allow access to the 3rd row even with a forward facing car seat attached. Unsure if this is offered on the Pinnacle trim model.

“h man” is correct, 8 seats are possible on the Limited in Canada because FWD is an option, unlike our friends to the south who have no choice but AWD on the Limited.

I would love to see Chrysler figure a way of engineering AWD with the 8 seats option.
They managed to keep the stow-and-go with the AWD version. They managed to also figure out how to get the dual-pane sunroof with 8 seats.

Hybrid models do not have stow-and-go because of the placement of the batteries. All Hybrid models are only available as 7 seaters also, no 8 seats possible. Also, no tow package is offered for the Hybrid either.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Unless you're in Canada. They can get the 8 seat on the limited.
True, but that's because they offer a FWD Limited, which, at the moment the U.S. does not. They do not offer 8 passenger on their AWD Limited, same as the U.S.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The Pacifica offers a “tilt-and-slide” to allow access to the 3rd row even with a forward facing car seat attached. Unsure if this is offered on the Pinnacle trim model.
Assuming the Pinnacle seats are the same as used on the Hybrid, they unfortunately do not to the rigid tilt (or really pivot) and slide that the Stow and Go seats do. They do a more traditional seatback tilt and slide.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just received my Black Pinnacle last week. It was not a deal breaker but the stow and go which was one of the most appealing parts of the pacifica for me is not compatible with the pinnacle trim. You can remove the second row seat entirely but it does leave you with holes on the floor where the seat inserts. Just an FYI for people who do not know.

Can anyone explain why this was not accounted for?
Thank you, Nice to know. Definitely a deal breaker for me.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts