2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the 2021 Sienna has been released, the Pacifica has a worthy competitor. And what a competitor it is. It seems to have improved upon everything that Pacifica was riding high on except possibly the stow and go seats.
I'm actually liking the looks, kinda like a Highlander. The only area of concern is that power is less to around 245 HP or so, but it's hybrid engine is standard on all models (similar to Prime plus or new Venza) with 33mpg.
Interior is clean and modern looking.
Toyota seems to have done its homework well.

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE 2

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE 1

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE 5

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE 3

2021 Toyota Sienna XSE 17

·
Registered
355 Posts
That HUGE center console - does it have a microwave and refrigerator in it??? What an inhibitor to utility and flexibility.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
That HUGE center console - does it have a microwave and refrigerator in it??? What an inhibitor to utility and flexibility.
That interior picture is a highly distorted wide angle lens shot. The front seat is all the way forward in "My Gnome Chauffeur" position. The center seat is folded with the headrest in the way. The interior is probably much more practical than that.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Looks very competitive, but the reason I'm still most interested in the Pacifica is that it can come as PHEV. The Toyota is not a plug-in. But this absolutely moves it up into the number 2 slot to look at for whenever I get around to finally getting a minivan, pushing the Honda down to 3rd.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Meh...nothing here that could get me to move off my Pacifica,.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks very competitive, but the reason I'm still most interested in the Pacifica is that it can come as PHEV. The Toyota is not a plug-in. But this absolutely moves it up into the number 2 slot to look at for whenever I get around to finally getting a minivan, pushing the Honda down to 3rd.
Exactly. Also in the looks department the ranking is #1 Pacifica, #2 Sienna, #3 Sedona. For now the Odyssey will remain the ugly duckling.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a good move by Chrysler to release the AWD Pacifica even before the next model year. I’m sure the Sienna will sell in droves since people used to buy it with eyes closed (may be because it was so ugly :D).

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It was a good move by Chrysler to release the AWD Pacifica even before the next model year. I’m sure the Sienna will sell in droves since people used to buy it with eyes closed (may be because it was so ugly :D).
It'll be interesting to see what Chrysler does with this. It is supposed to be called the AWD Launch Edition, starting at about $40K, and built in limited numbers. That makes me wonder what trim levels are involved. Also, if it will actually happen because of the Corvid-19 shutdown.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
You're right, that is a footrest. The vacuum is stored in that center thingy.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
16 cup holders is what I heard. That's an extreme (more than 5 per row of seats) :D. In addition to vacuum, there's a refrigerator too. For the next model year I'm expecting a cooking range as well :D.

·
Registered
407 Posts
It actually does have a refrigerator.

·
Registered
407 Posts
No plug is a fail for me. I like driving in all-electric and seeing the fuel gauge on F for months and months. I also do not like the massive dated slide shifter sticking up in the way. That is nothing but an eyesore.

But I do wonder is it capable of towing, or is it a no tow as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No plug is a fail for me. I like driving in all-electric and seeing the fuel gauge on F for months and months. I also do not like the massive dated slide shifter sticking up in the way. That is nothing but an eyesore.

But I do wonder is it capable of towing, or is it a no tow as well.
It is rated for up to 3500 lbs tow capacity

·
Registered
197 Posts
Second row seats in the Sienna are not removable because they include side bolster airbags. Probably a reasonable decision by Toyota product planners because most folks that want to carry large cargo purchase an SUV or pickup. They appear to be marketing the van more as a spacious, comfortable touring car for four or more passengers.

i dunno about the Toyota design language. I though “hitler mustache” the first time I saw that grille, and I still do. Will have to see the flared haunches in person; if too prominent they will look ridiculous. Now that I think about it, ridiculous is a good word to describe Toyota design ever since they received the “no more boring cars” mandate. At least it’s not the Avalon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts