2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I found a vehicle I am interested in. With all the packages the MSRP is $50,320 on dealer website, but Chrysler has MSRP at $49,895. I have affiliate rewards so the dealer said they won't do full discount 1% below MSRP, but they will give it to me for invoice at $49,000 including delivering it to me 5-hours away at no additional cost.

Should I take this deal and/or try to negotiate a little more?

They also confirmed what I suspected that for 2022 they removed the 8-way power adjustable passenger seat and it is only 4-way like most competitors...

TIA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sadly true in the foreseeable market which is essentially “hand to mouth” out of WAP, nary a unclaimed Pacifica on most dealer lots. FCA Affiliate Pricing for FCA Supplier employees, also referred to as (FFP) Friends & Family Pricing is supposedly still active for Pacificas at the moment, but dealers are indeed opting out on there own to maximize their profits. Can’t blame them as they also don’t have the sales volumes to cover their dealership costs. Affiliate Supplier or FFP pricing is normally 1% below dealer invoice plus any applicable incentive leasing or purchase offers. The dealer still makes the holdback built into their FCA Invoice cost.

For comparison pricing, consider a 2021 Pacifica L FWD w/premium safety sphere, towing, spare tire, sunroof, 18” wheels w/Michelin self sealing tires and factory mud flaps. Sticker MSRP 2 months ago was $47,140, the same price that still comes up on the FCA 2021 Pacifica Build & Price calculator online. FFP pricing for this van was $44,863, FCA USA Employee Pricing was $43,178, dealer Hold Back was $1,371. Normally, with a FCA Supplier Affiliate certificate based no haggle deal, you’d pay $44,863 plus typical tax, registration and dealer fees.

So, the issue for all buyers between now and perhaps a year from now when dealer inventories “might” return to normalcy is how much are you willing to pay ? Dealers are and will continue to charge thousands more than their FCA invoice pricing, perhaps ignoring Affiliate certificate deals. Plus, FCA has significantly slashed their sales incentives.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - I gave a deposit on the vehicle. Now Dealer is trying to pressure me into financing through them. I am already pre-approved for financing through my local credit union at 2.74% for 72-month. Dealer is telling me they can match it with their partner US Bank and it will make things easier. I assume they are getting some sort of profit by doing the financing, so any reason why I shouldn't ask them to share that with me? Last time I purchased a vehicle (GMC) two years ago I used my credit union and they just said okay and gave me a printout to make sure the bank check was made out properly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I‘ve had similar dealer experiences, it’s what they do. Can’t see any harm in asking your dealer what they make on setting up your financing if you go through them, but will it matter when they likely won’t give up any of that money to improve your deal ? Maybe you can also search and learn what the typical financing kickback is for dealers online ? Secure your loan through wherever you prefer going forward. If you rather use your credit union over adding new lender, tell the dealer no thanks, you just need to know how they want the check from your credit union to them made out. Besides, you may be already planning to give your dealer all of your warranty and initial service business, but that’s also totally up to you after delivery.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only reason to finance through the dealership is if they can get you a better rate than you can get yourself. Like everything connected with a new car purchase, financing rates are negotiable.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Update - I gave a deposit on the vehicle. Now Dealer is trying to pressure me into financing through them. I am already pre-approved for financing through my local credit union at 2.74% for 72-month. Dealer is telling me they can match it with their partner US Bank and it will make things easier. I assume they are getting some sort of profit by doing the financing, so any reason why I shouldn't ask them to share that with me? Last time I purchased a vehicle (GMC) two years ago I used my credit union and they just said okay and gave me a printout to make sure the bank check was made out properly.
If you do fiancé they then then haggle for the extended warranty as a bargaining tool . They make monies off the financing arm part as well as the warranty . It’s worth a shot , otherwise you don’t try you don’t know …

1 - 8 of 8 Posts