2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't have any of the devices listed but I know that you have to accept terms on the phone before Android Auto will enable. Here is what I would try:
1. Delete any bluetooth pairing with Uconnect. Delete both ends - that is the Uconnect device and the Bluetooth device on the phone.
2. Connect the Android phone to the car using a known good cable.
3. The phone should start Android Auto if it realizes that the head unit is capable. If it doesn't, manually look for the Android Auto app on the phone and open.

Watch carefully for any notifications on the phone that say something like "Uconnect is requesting access" - allow these if you get them as this will enable the handshake.

The above process with the cable should also setup the phone to connect using bluetooth too - no need to do that separately.

Good luck.

John

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring S, Ceramic Gray, Black-out accents, sharp!
11 Posts
I don't have any of the devices listed but I know that you have to accept terms on the phone before Android Auto will enable. Here is what I would try:
1. Delete any bluetooth pairing with Uconnect. Delete both ends - that is the Uconnect device and the Bluetooth device on the phone.
2. Connect the Android phone to the car using a known good cable.
3. The phone should start Android Auto if it realizes that the head unit is capable. If it doesn't, manually look for the Android Auto app on the phone and open.

Watch carefully for any notifications on the phone that say something like "Uconnect is requesting access" - allow these if you get them as this will enable the handshake.

The above process with the cable should also setup the phone to connect using bluetooth too - no need to do that separately.

Good luck.

John
Thanks John, all great tips... did them/that, a-g-a-i-n. The van will simply NOT recognize/launch Andriod Auto. I am wondering if it is a bug in the hardware or software of the van itself. Even if I press the VR (Voice recognition) button on the wheel, nothing happens in the van. In our older 2012 Dodge version, the system woke up and offered command prompts. Looks like a long trip into the dealer is in my future, but since more than a few folks are having the same or similar issues - I am hoping someone finally finds the magic elixir and can share their experiences. If anyone from Chrysler Customer Care is watching this post... any suggestions or ideas, or even a contact method? I'd really, really like to LOVE this new Chrysler buying experience.

·
Registered
170 Posts
What happens if you connect the cable and then launch Android Auto on the phone manually?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Purchased hybrid limited yesterday. Android Auto worked wirelessly with my pixel 3 xl, until we added my wife’s pixel 3 in the device manager. Once she was added mine stopped working- despite all my efforts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What happens if you connect the cable and then launch Android Auto on the phone manually?
The phone screen becomes "optimized' for driving, larger, less busy, but the phone screen nor apps, etc ever get populated to the van screen. in the van phone set-up screens, there is set-up options and indicators "device" that show if your phone is 'paired' and working for phone, audio/music, both, and then to the right of those icons is SUPPOSED to be the Android Auto icon when it is recognized by Uconnect. That icon, never shows. Launched by the phone prior to plugging the USB cable in, or after.

I just saw your second post/ advice on the default when you plug in your android phone into the USB, I THINK I remember trying all of them, but I will try the "File transfer/Android Auto: Transfer files to and from PC/Android or open Android Auto. " again when the van returns home. Mine is not Android 10, it's an 8-something version, and Uconnect and the Chrysler book says Android auto is supposed to work with Android version 5 and higher. We shall see. Thanks again for any help.

I hope the original poster, with this identical problem responds that he's found a fix to his problem!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Purchased hybrid limited yesterday. Android Auto worked wirelessly with my pixel 3 xl, until we added my wife’s pixel 3 in the device manager. Once she was added mine stopped working- despite all my efforts.
Hey Prospective Buyer, what, if any, spare tire did yours come with?

·
Registered
170 Posts
The flow for Android Auto is that once you connect the cable, the phone should launch Android Auto on the handset - it should be a blue screen with "Get Started" as show below:

(above shamelessly stolen off Google)

Those permissions are necessary - if you haven't done this then the phone hasn't done the necessary security exchange with the head unit. That is why the Android Auto icon is greyed out in the head unit.

John

·
Registered
9 Posts
It is all about oneplus.I had successfully connected my oneplus after one month research. Oneplus does not support android auto as default that is why it does not pop up when you connect to your car. First you should activate developer settings in your android auto app:
  1. Disconnect you car from car and delete your device
  2. From your phone Go to settings, bluetooth &device connections and click android auto
  3. Scroll down and you will see about part and click about header 10 times and you will see notification to activate developer settings.
  4. Then on the top right click 3 dots and developer settings
  5. Enable "add wireless projection to settings"
  6. Turn on your wifi, bluetooth and location
  7. Android auto home screen click connect a car.
  8. Also from uconnect screen add your device .
  9. Once you connect your bluetooth this time android auto will pop up.
One more note after you connect your ohone you should also enable "use mobile data when wifi data weak" otherwise your phone thinks you connected wifi already and not turming on your mobile data so you are unable to use data ince you use android auto.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid touring
12 Posts
Just wanted to add my phones to the UNABLE-TO-CONNECT list: Moto G8 Power and Moto X4. Can't get wireless or wired Android Auto working on either. Oddly, The Android Auto App opens on my G8 Power when I get in the van, but nothing appears on 10 inch screen (and Enable Projection option is grayed out). These phones both work fine in my VW (wired connection).

Additionally, I can't make or receive phone calls with the G8 Power connected to bluetooth. It says I can, but whenever I try to make or receive a call, it shows the number on the 10" screen, hangs for a few seconds, then says something like "call transferred to phone" and then it completely drops the bluetooth connection to my phone. Subsequently, the call is NOT transferred to my phone, but is lost in the ether. And the only way to reconnect my phone to the car is to turn my bluetooth off and back on. Just bought the van yesterday and have spent hours working on this (Salesman has been helping too). I'm an idiot for not testing this before buying. It'd be great to hear which ANDROID phones DO work WIRELESSLY (and wired, for that matter). From this thread, it sounds like some OnePlus phones work and maybe a Pixel 3 XL (until a Pixel 3 is connected). Any others? Be sure to mention whether connection is wireless or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Like buckbuckgoose, matthewsjl, and more on this site, I am soooooooooooo frustrated. How about someone from @ChryslerCares chiming in here. ?!
I have deleted the phone, reinstalled/paired the phone, deleted the AA app, re-downloaded the app. cleared cache and data on the AA app, the Google Play Services and Google Play store apps, I have tried suggestions as provided by my dealer (kudos and THANKS to my dealer Scott at Sam Leman in Morton IL); from a Chrysler tech; and some "Star Online Publication"... so far, my testing has determined:

3 different brands and models of Android phones (LG, Alcatel, and ZTE), on 2 different carriers, Cricket and TracFone will NOT launch/recognize AA on the UConnect head unit; All the android phones are running Android OS above the required 5 minimum.

3 different iPhones: an Xr?, and 11 and an old 7; 2 different carriers, Cricket and Verizon, connect and work flawlessly, project AA on the UConnect screen, etc.
I
I have tried about 5 or 6 different cords, as suggested that it could be that. But one of the cords used has tips for both android and apple, and it works for apple. Also, if I am correct, if the phone can play music thru the UConnect unit with that cord, then the cord is working for data/more than just charging. I went and bought a pretty expensive, new, deluxe cable just hoping... NADA

I have pulled fuse 76 in hopes of a Unconnect re-set, although I believe that was pre 2021 models.

I have done a full factory reset within the UConnect screen menus of items to lose all phones, lose all presets, lose all customizations.

I have verified the "Charge only" is NOT the option on the phone. I have tried the MTP or whatever function... in fact, I tried ALL the available functions of the USB cable, including Charge only. Nothing.

I have given the app ALL the 6 permissions it asks for. I have selected the add autos automatically, and un-selected it as well.

I have gone on my 'drive' with the phone plugged in and AA running on the phone in hopes it just ight take a while to register. I think a 20-30 minute drive would be enough if this was going to work. I'd give it an hour or two drive/ride, but I need to actually USE the phone for navigation, and hence the reason it would be GREAT if it worked on the big @ZZ UConnect screen! And the functions of it reading texts, responding hands-free, etc... you know, all the stuff it's supposed to, that it DOES with iPhones.

I really, really want to like everything about the Pacifica, but this is beyond frustrating. The van is advertised as having this GREAT, working CarPlay and AA capability.

I apologize in advance if this is MY doing, my fault, MY settings, but PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE someone tell me, show me where I have some setting wrong, I'll apologize and then HELP someone else having this issue. But I cannot fix this without some logical help.

It IS my fault my dealer is currently 150 miles away, and I am SURE they would try to help... but besides getting the van there, do I leave it for hours, days? with MY phone unlocked? so they can try this?

Chrysler, are you there.?? Customer Care, is anyone listening, I am not the only one having these issues... what can you do, what will you do. ?!

My call to the Chrysler Customer Care in Michigan last week was less than totally helpful... ending in the rep telling me to call my phone manufacture. Really,?! The PHONE runs the AA app, it does NOT connect or is not recognized on the UConnect head unit. Do you know how much luck I've had in contacting ANYONE from LG, Alcatel or ZTE about "my" issue?!

I am NOT an apple guy, but if this new system is really only able to work with apple products/iPhones, then perhaps Chrysler or the UConnect folks need to buy all us android folks an iPhone?

Can someone that had issues and has found a way to FIX it, please respond?

Thanks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Add Motorola one 5G uw with Verizon as a phone that doesn't work. I don't get the Android Auto icon on the uconnect screen. I also can usually receive calls but can not call out!!! So if I need 911, I have to pull to the side of the road!! Real useful in an emergency!! When I call Uconnect I just keep being told there should be a Uconnect update "soon". It has already been a month. How long is soon?? I have tried leaving messages for Chrysler but apparently a customer that has purchased 7 vehicles over 40 years is not worth responding to.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just found this in the Help & feedback section of the Android Auto app on my phone. My budget phone (Moto G8 Power) does not have 5GHz wireless or Android 11. This might explain a lot. However, it does not explain why my wired connection isn't working (and it does on another car).
Screenshot_20210419-233249.png

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry to hear about all the issues with getting Android Auto to work. I also had issues getting it connected with my Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra but eventually got it to work after a couple of hours of trying. It seemed to me my home wifi was interfering with the connection and my phone had trouble switching back and forth between the van and home wifi. It now connects to wireless Android Auto perfectly every time however I do have some issues with my data connection like sometimes Google Maps won't work saying there's no data connection. The way I got it to connect is I kept selecting the vans wifi when my phone Auto connected to my home wifi. Eventually the setup screen popped up on my phone and I was able to get it working. This was beyond frustrating. I can say I had issues getting Android Auto setup in my wife's car a "Kia Optima" with a USB connection. Android Auto would start but never show the setup screen.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got back from dealer, where 3 technicians spent time troubleshooting why my Moto G8 Power wouldn't connected with a wire to Andoid Auto. The 3rd tech to arrive on the scene quickly pointed out that Pacificas WITHOUT built-in Navigation DO NOT HAVE WIRED ANDROID AUTO CAPABILITIES. While this is somewhat counterintuitive (wouldn't you want more ways to connect Android Auto if you don't have built-in navi?), he demonstrated with his own phone (Galaxy S10+ running Android 11) that wireless connections were indeed possible, and wired connections were not. While I'm not happy that I need a new phone to use Android Auto, it was actually a HUGE relief to see his demonstration. This also explains why some folks have it working with wires, while others don't. I'm assuming those that have the wired connection working in this thread have U-Connect with Navi (feel free to chime in with your experience to confirm this). In summary, the device requirements I posted above are very important to anyone that wants to go wireless, and even more important to those of us that don't have built-in navigation, and therefore don't have a wired option (I have a base Touring). Hope this helps some folks. I, for one, am feeling a lot better about my purchase :)

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hello everyone--

There seems to be quite a bit of confusion surrounding your Uconnect 5 systems and which phone devices are compatible. In order to avoid further confusion, please send our team a private message so we can learn more about your specific cellular device. All vehicles and cellular devices are unique and will require different courses of action in order to properly pair your phone. Please do not hesitate to send us a private message if you have any questions pertaining to your personal vehicle and/or device.

Thank you,

Courtney
Chrysler Cares

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks Courtney, but your response does not align with my experience with Android. For starters, your first 2 sentences seem to contradict each other:

"Devices MUST also be equipped with 5GHz WiFi range to support wireless connection. Due to Google's configuration, Android Auto features require USB connection, so it cannot be used with solely Bluetooth."

How can it "support a wireless connection" if it "requires USB"? I think you should promote the technicians I talked to at the dealer this morning.

21 - 40 of 70 Posts