2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
For anyone considering talking to Chrysler Cares about the issue, be aware they only communicate once a day and are asking me to do the same things I have already told them I have done..... Still trying but very frustrated.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wanted to let you all know what happened with the Pixel. It was a Pixel 3 with Android 11 that we tried. When we tried it without Android Auto, it did just what my phone did. Allowed incoming calls but not hands free outgoing. When we turned on Android Auto it loaded up, showed in the Uconnect screen and WORKED!! I then went and bought a Pixel 4a with 5G and it works as well. Hated that I had to spend the money on a new phone but now everything works like it should!!

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring S, Ceramic Gray, Black-out accents, sharp!
11 Posts
ANYONE, a 2021 Pacifica user... ANYONE on who's van Android Auto DOES WORK that projects the phone screen to the UConnect screen. can you confirm for me, and others having this frustrating issue, what version of ANDROID is your PHONE running. ALL the documentation on the booklet that came with MY van, and the documentation on a Chrysler site, still says an Android phone running Android 5.0 or higher, this should work. I am now wondering if Chrysler changes their specs, still advertises 5.0 and higher, but the UConnect will not work on Android OS below 9. Can you please just respond with the version your phone is running IF it indeed projects onto the van screen. THANKS in ADVANCE.

·
Super Moderator
789 Posts
I have android 11 on my one plus 7pro and my wife has android 11 on her Samsung S21 Ultra. Android auto works perfectly once you download the Android auto app from the playstore.

Reactions: 2021 Sport Pac Guy

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Touring S, Ceramic Gray, Black-out accents, sharp!
11 Posts
Thank you LB81, been there, tried that. I think this issue is really an Android OS issue.
irpilot, thanks for responding... I suspect all the responses I get that is DOES work, is going to show ver 9 and above... and I suspect those that say its not working, will be below ver 9... I just wish Chrysler was clear. This should NOT be this difficult.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica hybrid touring
12 Posts
ANYONE, a 2021 Pacifica user... ANYONE on who's van Android Auto DOES WORK that projects the phone screen to the UConnect screen. can you confirm for me, and others having this frustrating issue, what version of ANDROID is your PHONE running. ALL the documentation on the booklet that came with MY van, and the documentation on a Chrysler site, still says an Android phone running Android 5.0 or higher, this should work. I am now wondering if Chrysler changes their specs, still advertises 5.0 and higher, but the UConnect will not work on Android OS below 9. Can you please just respond with the version your phone is running IF it indeed projects onto the van screen. THANKS in ADVANCE.
My Pixel 3 with Android 11 works wirelessly (but not wired).
My Moto G8 Power with Android 10 doesn't work wired or wirelessly. Pretty sure my van cannot do wired Android Auto.
I asked a similar question here:
I didn't get many responses, but you still might find some useful info there.

·
Registered
2021 Pinnacle Hybrid
73 Posts
Thank you LB81, been there, tried that. I think this issue is really an Android OS issue.
irpilot, thanks for responding... I suspect all the responses I get that is DOES work, is going to show ver 9 and above... and I suspect those that say its not working, will be below ver 9... I just wish Chrysler was clear. This should NOT be this difficult.
Sorry to hear it didn't help, good luck going forward.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all... IPhone user here but we are all having the same issues. It seems that UConnect in these vehicles gets confused when multiple phones are paired to the system. To date the only thing that has worked after multiple system resets is to only have 1 phone paired to the system. The wife has her phone paired via bluetooth and if I need mine it will be paired via USB cable and CarPlay. I believe Android Auto will automatically use bluetooth when pairing through cable... this could make things worse. Either way, one phone at a time seems to be the trick for now... But shame on Chrysler for bringing a system to us that has not been pushed through it's paces.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts