2017+ Chrysler Pacifica Minivan Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new here (probably obvious :)). Finally got our order after 2-3 months. Terrible dealer experience even though there was no potential 'market markup' to negotiate! But that is a different post.

I haven't had time to read all the posts about the Pachy battery, but so far my wife is taking my son to school and then driving to work and the battery says "75%" after about 4 miles. Is it just learning her behavior and commute or is there something wrong with the '22 (or our '22!)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 Pacifica Hybrid Limited, Fathom Blue ordered 10/30/21, built 12/08/21, delivered 12/23/21.
254 Posts
Hi, new here (probably obvious :)). Finally got our order after 2-3 months. Terrible dealer experience even though there was no potential 'market markup' to negotiate! But that is a different post.

I haven't had time to read all the posts about the Pachy battery, but so far my wife is taking my son to school and then driving to work and the battery says "75%" after about 4 miles. Is it just learning her behavior and commute or is there something wrong with the '22 (or our '22!)?

Thanks!
Looks like you're in LA? I am because cold weather has a big impact but that isn't likely if you're in LA! Does she use heat or AC, drive with a lead foot, lots of books? And like a lot of battery for 4 miles but there are alot of factors. Our 22 limited gets about 24 miles in child MN weather but close to 32 miles above freezing temps. Seems to be pretty linear loss so you experience seems unusual but If give it some time before worrying.

·
Registered
2021 Pacifica Hybrid Touring-L Plus
483 Posts

Thanks!
What are you charging with? The included cable? A full charge of the battery should be around 13kWh.

·
Registered
768 Posts
It shouldn't matter since level 1 or level 2 charges the van to 100%. Sounds like a temperature issue. @RyanK12 What was the outside temperature and how many minutes was the 4 mile drive?

·
Registered
483 Posts
It shouldn't matter since level 1 or level 2 charges the van to 100%. Sounds like a temperature issue. @RyanK12 What was the outside temperature?
Well no what I’m saying is that it’s an easy way to see if your battery is taking the expected charge. If you aren’t sure about the health of the battery, check it first. It’s an easy objective measure to put your mind at ease about the health of your high voltage battery.

·
Registered
2021 Pac Hybrid Limited, Bright White
116 Posts
If the ICE doesn't run, then all accessories are also going to be using the HV battery. Climate control, if you like a toasty interior, can use 7KW. Depending on the commute time (are you sitting in the LA freeway parking lots?) that can add up. I wouldn't worry about it until you can actually give it a full run at a consistent speed.

My anecdotal experience is that the initial charges also seem to drop pretty quickly, and then levels out some.. but I'm also driving straight up hills in my area to start. We get anywhere from 30-36 miles on the HV battery before the ICE kicks in in above freezing weather.

Reactions: RyanK12

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If the ICE doesn't run, then all accessories are also going to be using the HV battery. Climate control, if you like a toasty interior, can use 7KW. Depending on the commute time (are you sitting in the LA freeway parking lots?) that can add up. I wouldn't worry about it until you can actually give it a full run at a consistent speed.

My anecdotal experience is that the initial charges also seem to drop pretty quickly, and then levels out some.. but I'm also driving straight up hills in my area to start. We get anywhere from 30-36 miles on the HV battery before the ICE kicks in in above freezing weather.
Yep, i think climate control was the culprit. seat warmer and heat (apparently our son turned up the back to 78 degrees F!).

Thanks yall!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yep, i think climate control was the culprit. seat warmer and heat (apparently our son turned up the back to 78 degrees F!).

Thanks yall!
Haha there is the option to lock out the rear controls to stop that. I had the same kind of curious kid.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts